Stephen Warnock

KSV

:D just shows how good a team spurs are

Wrong!

Just goes to show how poor a tactican McUseless is!

SGC how come you haven't been picked up by Real or Barca yet? I am sure they could use someone of your calibre on their scouting team? You seem to spot one world class player per week?

Anyway Warnock is playing slightly better than last year but when you hit rock bottom form wise the only way is up. Still not good enough and never an 8M player.

SGC how come you haven't been picked up by Real or Barca yet? I am sure they could use someone of your calibre on their scouting team? You seem to spot one world class player per week?

I've noticed that in my early time here. Its sad 15 year olds playing Football Managers now act on footballing forums like experts.

I'd rather have Andy Gray fiddling with his stupid little pens and machines ffs.

I've noticed that in my early time here. Its sad 15 year olds playing Football Managers now act on footballing forums like experts.

I'd rather have Andy Gray fiddling with his stupid little pens and machines ffs.

Yes too true!

It's a bit like the scene from the Inbetweeners when Jay claims to have completed FM. When it's pointed out that he that you can't he explains that he took (I think) Barnet to European Champions in 6 seasons stating 'things like that don't go unnoticed. The FA asked me to teach at their training centre.' I can think of a few like that on here.

Anyway Warnock still can't defend!

I think anyone that defends Stephen Warnock is a better defender than he is! SGC is clearly on the wind up with his comments on here. I know a Spurs fan at work and he hates Lennon so calling any performance of his as "world class" is clearly off target and a wind up!

My Brother and I both think Warnock is a liability and we have thought so since the Reading cup game when carew got a hat-trick. We decided that day that Warnock was not a good enough left back replacement for Freddie Bouma. Ever since that day Warnock has done nothing to convince us that he is, or ever will be, good enough for the Villa.

Personally, I would rather see us play a back four of Clark, Dunne, Collins, Cuellar. I know it is 4 CB's playing across the back four but I believe that we played that way against Chelsea away last season and they didn't do too badly. OK, they conceded 3 goals but we were away at Chelsea! It would give us a more physical presence at the back and would help us (hopefully) with defending set pieces.

Warnock & Hutton are never Prem full backs and never will be, simple as that really. The current defence would make most Champ teams look like Brazil.

Every single time Warnock goes near a player I see a yellow card / Penalty on the horizon. Just think about players like Ashley Cole and then compare to what we have, scary as anything. Miles and miles away. Maybe we have them because they fit so snug with our current style of play.

Massive improvement over last season. Could do better going forward, but I think one of our few defenders that keep me sane when someone comes at them.

Yes that was a great tackle. He is now back to the form he showed at Blackburn and in his first 7 months with us and that got him in to the England squad.

Sadly the positives of Warnock, Gabby and Dunne being back on form are out weighed by the over all crap currently being served up.

His quality has never been in doubt for me, i wish others would judge him on his current form rather than what happened last season. A lot of what was written about him appeared to be largely based on rumour and hearsay. Unlike some he's rarely resorted to the hoof ball although he's still prone to the odd mistake.

His quality has never been in doubt for me, i wish others would judge him on his current form rather than what happened last season. A lot of what was written about him appeared to be largely based on rumour and hearsay.

That's the times we live in though. Some people are sad enough to sadly believe any old hearsay/rumour/crap spouted on a message board. All this despite the fact the lad had been a pro for over a decade, working under numerous respected managers for both club and country, and never been any trouble.

One decent game this season in my opinion.

The rest? Average (he is an average player after all) and his performance against man city when he practically gifted a goal away by "slipping" was an embarassment.

Still gets tackled far too easily, he is still out of position far too many times and his crossing.. the less said about that the better, not to mention when he comes up against a winger with little dribbling skills he is a yellow card waiting to happen.

Still don't think he was worth the price tag, still don't rate him to this day and still believe Baines pisses over him in every aspect in my opinion of course.

Let's hope Enda Stevens can do a better job at defending - god help us looking at McLeish's transfers so far though.

His quality has never been in doubt for me, i wish others would judge him on his current form rather than what happened last season. A lot of what was written about him appeared to be largely based on rumour and hearsay.

That's the times we live in though. Some people are sad enough to sadly believe any old hearsay/rumour/crap spouted on a message board. All this despite the fact the lad had been a pro for over a decade, working under numerous respected managers for both club and country, and never been any trouble.

So he was blameless? I don't think so. Nothing can defend his beyond awful performances either, as you say he is a professional and no matter what happened off the pitch he should have performed far better for what he is being paid. He was a complete liability and deservedly dropped. The game vs Blackburn at Ewood Park epitomised Warnock for the couple of months he played.

This season he has been good though apart from a the odd game so hopefully that continues.

The rest? Average (he is an average player after all) and his performance against man city when he practically gifted a goal away by "slipping" was an embarassment.

people slip it does happen a lot in football games

One decent game this season in my opinion.

can think of 3 or 4 he was quite good in

Â