Stephen Warnock

KSV

may well be on outside bet for a place in the England squad again.
Can't see that happening unless Cole and Baines get injured. Even then I'm not sure he should be in the squad.

Agree, He won't be in my opinion unless injuries crawl in (though even then i'd doubt he'll be there) .. he may just may get an extra cap but that's about it, far better options in the england squad currently.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are a LB you need to be able to defend. Warnock just isn't good enough defending. He got skinned badly 3 or 4 times and headed the ball to the Spurs in a dangerous position another two times. He isn't good enough going forward to justify playing him in spite of his defensive shortcomings.

If you are a LB you need to be able to defend. Warnock just isn't good enough defending. He got skinned badly 3 or 4 times and headed the ball to the Spurs in a dangerous position another two times. He isn't good enough going forward to justify playing him in spite of his defensive shortcomings.

Spot on.

Lennon made him look like an pub player last night, it was embarrassing.

Just like every game so. Terrible player, positionally clueless and prone to really rash challenges as a result. Its just a shame we're probably stuck with him. Any young left back's coming through?

Next Sunday he will face probably the best outside right in the Premier League at this point in time Nathan Dyer of Swansea,should be an interesting afternoon.

Next Sunday he will face probably the best outside right in the Premier League at this point in time Nathan Dyer of Swansea,should be an interesting afternoon.

I predict that the Swansea pitch will have several muddy channels in it down the flanks after the game next week, as Warnock slides into the spot where Dyer was 2 minutes earlier time and time again. More mistimed dives than Greg Louganis in the Seoul Olympics.

I still think he has been one of our best players this season.
How? Given, Bent, Gabby, Dunne, Petrov, Bannan and Herd have all been better. He's a huge liability.

one of

I would put him in that group of players you mentioned in the best third of our squad so far this season.

I still think he has been one of our best players this season.
How? Given, Bent, Gabby, Dunne, Petrov, Bannan and Herd have all been better. He's a huge liability.

one of

I would put him in that group of players you mentioned in the best third of our squad so far this season.

I certainly wouldn't. He's one of the main culprits when it comes to our poor defending.

Â