Stephen Warnock

KSV

So many players had excellent games yesterday. The whole defence (minus the questionable Hutton) played very well, showing dogged commitment.

But Stephen stood out with his total tenacious attitude. That one block was outstanding. It seems quite extraordinary that he was totally discarded by Houlier last season for 'footballing reasons', something reiterated by McAllister when he fronted in GH's absence. Stephen, I believe has been ever present this season.

This just does not look like a player with an 'attitude' and I believe he has now re-located to the Midlands. As a very long-standing fan now all I ask is that players show effort and commitment to 'the shirt' and the Manager sets up the team positively and appropriately, with the players playing to the plan. For me Stephen epitomises this effort and commitment. You can see why he was once an England squad player, he may lack true quality, but tenacity and commitment never!

Good post and sums him up.

Your right he doesn't have an 'attitude'. In over 10 years as a professional under numerous managers for both club and country he has never been any trouble. Quite the opposite. A vicious unfounded rumour started last season which was bullshit. Kev MacDonald said his attitude when playing for the reserves at the back end of last season was first class and he set a great example to the younger lads.

This season he is back to the form he showed at Blackburn for a number of seasons and the form he showed here during his first 6 months. Form that got him a place in the England World Cup 2010 squad. I'd imagine if Cole or Baines get injured he will again be a strong contender for an England squad place.

Fair play to the lad. He has a cracking attitude.

Massively overrated on here I think. Has some good moments but constantly drops clangers and has always been a liability. I don't understand how being dropped for being shit counts as "mistreated". Would ideally like to see us get a new LB in the summer or give Stevens a run if he's good enough.

Typical ex liverpool player. Massivley overated as a teenager - and we brought into this paying a fee of approaching twice what he was worth..

That said can't fault his work rate this season - and is certainly worth his place in the team - and making a good contribution now.

Yeah he was dropped for being shit and never given a chance again. Treated fine last season.

:lol:

Yes, he was dropped for being shit, nor did we ever need him for the second half of last season. Clark and particularly Young both did an great job at left back. It's a shame we didn't keep Young, sell Warnock and get a good right back in.

He’s not the best, he’s not the worse; he’s certainly good enough for our current place in the world. Probably paid too much for him, probably on higher wages than is sensible, but we can’t do anything about that now. Can’t think of someone who we could get under the present circumstances who would be better. He played pretty well yesterday for me.

Forget the past, look forward. He has been bloody good this season, no doubt about that. His attitude is spot on, puts his body on the line, blocks shots, tackles well and has stopped with giving away those silly freekicks and penaltys.

Thats it, now I have cursed him. Look at him giving away a penalty today.... :bonk:

Forget the past, look forward. He has been bloody good this season, no doubt about that. His attitude is spot on, puts his body on the line, blocks shots, tackles well and has stopped with giving away those silly freekicks and penaltys.

Thats it, now I have cursed him. Look at him giving away a penalty today.... :bonk:

This....buit without the giving away of a penalty please...leave that type of nonsense to Dunne ;)

This....buit without the giving away of a penalty please...leave that type of nonsense to Dunne ;)

Not a penalty but the next best thing - silly back pass

Â