What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

I know I've posted in before more than once but Steve Lamaq played Inspector Gadget as the last song of his show tonight and as the sun's out there was only one album going on when I got in (and hey its in the cleaned section so I could find it). II was a bit disappointed in Lamaq's description of it as Robo-Reggae though. This is one of those albums I will never tire of. L$P and AMS, never a duff album with those two at the controls

R-1308246-1362672023-7483.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Finally got to see some of this performed live last week, didn't disappoint. Sure I've said it before, but if NMS had been advertised as a £50 65dos concept album with with a bonus freebie game thrown-in, I'd have been happy.

New material is sounding spiffy too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah AR have been around for years (I saw them supporting Exodus about 25 years ago!) and they're very much in the old school thrash mould that we both love. Nice coincidence them and the Reich releasing some new material after a long hiatus. 

Aye, they took on a legendary status for me when about six years ago one of them called up a phone-in show as a regular caller about something else and it somehow came up that he used to be in a band. 

R-1864006-1367163480-1067.jpeg.jpg

Loop - A Gilded Eternity. Original first pressing Ltd Edition with free 7" Single

Reminds me of the start of a Friday night at Planet X before the main body of punters came in and we'd play stuff like this for our own benefit and the clubs regulars that were always in early, possibly for a gig before hand.

We'd play it loud, they'd go nuts on the dancefloor and were happy and as the place filled up we'd move away from this stuff to the more popular dancefloor friendly indie tunes of the day. It worked well because the early crowd created an atmosphere for the Friday nighters to walk in on

If we played this two hours later we'd have cleared the dancefloor in seconds but the early doors weirdos loved it and loved us for playing it. They knew the rules

• Like 1

I always knew this album was crap but it had Ms Grogan on it... Jezuz it's bad, I only lasted one side. I remember them supporting the Banshees at the Odeon and have fond memories but this doesn't remind me of that. If it was worth anything I'd sell it. Utter Drivel

R-1670200-1235842793.jpeg.jpg

My mum bought me that album, and the single ‘happy birthday’.

Family row commenced when it became clear I wasn’t gushingly grateful.

Can’t imagine where she got the idea I’d like it. But then for some reason she also presumed it was just a long running elaborate joke that I didn’t like Queen.

• Haha 2

More like it...

If You Can't Please Yourself, Please Your Soul - Various Artists. A Some Bizarre label compilation (including exclusive tracks)

R-184366-1523413019-6598.jpeg.jpg

--Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel* - The Only Good Christian Is A Dead Christian    
–Cabaret Voltaire - Product Patrol    
–Test Dept - Total Nervous Phenomonom    
–Marc Almond - Love Amongst The Ruined    
–Psychic TV - Twisted    
–The The - Flesh And Bones    
–Coil - The Wheel    
–Yello - The Roxy Cut    
–Virginia Astley - Waiting To Fall    
–Einstürzende Neubauten - Wardrobe

EDIT: mines in near mint condition with all the original inserts, It's even still in the shrink wrap. The last one like that to sell on Discogs went for over £25 (average is about £10)

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

‘happy birthday’.

That there, is where the rot set in. The singles before that point were good. I still love "Dead Pop Stars"

Martin Rushent ruined them, they should have stuck with Steve Severin producing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

My mum bought me that album, and the single ‘happy birthday’.

Family row commenced when it became clear I wasn’t gushingly grateful.

Can’t imagine where she got the idea I’d like it. But then for some reason she also presumed it was just a long running elaborate joke that I didn’t like Queen.

I see your Altered Images and raise you a Go West album. Literally at the height of my eat, sleep breathe Ramones. My sister thought **** it. Buy him a Go West album. I never professed a liking for them. Not a single song. Nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

66648320_557530334994255_901609957127274

HAPPY TOOL DAY!!!

13 years of waiting are over and the album is phenomenal, I love it. I've been spinning the 7 track physical edition for a few days now, but now that the album is out I'm giving the 10 track digital edition a listen. Great record. If you're a fan of TOOL then definitely check this out if you weren't planning to already. 

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Daweii said:

66648320_557530334994255_901609957127274

HAPPY TOOL DAY!!!

13 years of waiting are over and the album is phenomenal, I love it. I've been spinning the 7 track physical edition for a few days now, but now that the album is out I'm giving the 10 track digital edition a listen. Great record. If you're a fan of TOOL then definitely check this out if you weren't planning to already. 

That’s cool - I’m having to wait for the physical copy as ordered it from Canada as it worked out about £20 cheaper including shipping... farcical really!

Bim Sherman - Across the Red Sea

No stories to tell here, this is the second pressing with copyright belonging to Cherry Red on the labels

Just a nice mellow lilting On-U Sound reggae album, it's clearly AMS at the controls but in a more subtle understated way which more suits the sweet vocal delivery of Bim Sherman. This copy is in top condition and is likely in the top of the price range (£30)

The musicians are a who's who of the On-U reggae stable with pretty much all the members of Dub Syndicate and Creation Rebel represented along with supporting cast of Bonjo I (African Headcharge), Deadly Headley et al

R-7984885-1452949027-8150.jpeg.jpg

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

resisting the temptation to crack open a bottle of red! 

Oh I gave in to that an hour ago :mrgreen: bed beckons methinks but before that the sadly undervalued...

The Three Johns (only two of whom were really called John), John Langford of the Mekons other band

I remember one gig I was working at (Liverpool Uni, I was working the gig and for the support band) where John Hyatt (the singer) was absolutely out for the count drunk for the soundcheck, he then slept at the side of the stage until it was time to go on. The other two just woke him up by shaking him vigourously (He'd slept through the support, right by the speaker stacks). He got up and away they went, great gig too. To say Hyatt had a drink problem was an understatement. He is now a professor in something to do with fabric innovation in art and fashion, @NurembergVillan might even know him these days

R-431573-1352475094-3644.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Â