What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

if there was a sudden surge in dub based elevator music, these guys would be leading the charge

somebody spent some time replicating the crude graphics of the 'real' stuff, and I'm a sucker for bad album cover art, I'll often buy based on nothing but ropey typeface and setting

20190806_154026

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 1

What the Ó Neill brothers did when Fergal tried to become a pop star. That Petrol Emotion's debut album, Manic Pop Thrill

This one is the first pressing (blue writing on the reverse side of the sleeve) and so far is playing well. It's also not that good and even this condition is worth less than a fiver. I seem to remember the second album was much better, I have that somewhere too

Not one I'm going to let go though, it has memories... in particular a gig at a club I later owned, The Mardi Gras. Health and safety hadn't been invented in 1986. The stage was a raised section of the club and the speaker stack sat on this raised deck which wasn't the best built thing in the world, it was a tad springy.Me and a few mates who weren't actually working at the gig but crewed lots of others around that time blagged in (Not hard our mates ran the club). No one thought to put load straps on the speaker stacks and by the end of the first song ii was obvious what would happen without intervention, so me and a mate, Jill, climbed up the stacks and wedged ourselves between the top of the stacks and the roof. Foolhardy, most definitely but it worked we stabilised the stacks and the gig went on without incident. Another one of those anecdotes for the book I guess... Definitely an odd position to watch a gig from

R-3547951-1334795879.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

8 Track Compilation from  Abstract Records, In decent condition, plays well, worth sod all and it contains a track by a band I detest (New Model Army) Most likely this was bought because I really liked the Three Johns, it was cheap. Having said I detest NMA, I will admit I also like this particular song

R-603309-1501237369-1062.jpeg.jpg

The Three Johns    Fruit Flies    3:17
Five Go Down To The Sea?    Often    2:38
Hagar The Womb    Song Of Deep Hate    3:27
The Word    Different    3:50
New Model Army    Small Town England    3:17
The Gymslips    Empire Song    2:25
The Bomb Party    Harry Was A Babysitter    2:37
Joolz    Violation    2:13

The Cult - Dreamtime + Dreamtime Live at the Lyceum

FIrst pressing (30,000) of the debut Cult album which came with a free live album (doubt I've ever played this). More of a record bought for DJing than something that ever floated my boat but it does remind me of places like the legendary Planet X, the Krazyhouse and the Tivoli in Buckley. Considering its from the DJ stock its in surprisingly good condition though the sleeve is a little worn

R-930716-1537794823-4296.jpeg.jpg

Â