What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

This is pretty special. Supergroup of Amanda Shires, Maren Morris Brandi Carlile and Natalie Hemby. I have been listening to it non stop since I bought it on Monday and not a single track has disappointed me. Probably end up as my album of the year come December.

TheHighwomenCover.jpg

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

The title track pisses over the Highwaymen version.

Women rule Country imho. Many of the men are just embarrassing.

Definitely in the modern era, I disagree on the first statement, but its an excellent rewriting. 

Just now, Xann said:

I think it's just a cash cow. The backing track is horrendous.

That synth whistle on the sailor verse... :puke:

I love it, I know what it is and agree to an extent, but for me its phenomenal, you could say the entire Highwaymen output was just a cash cow, at that point in their careers, only Willie was having any real success.

• Like 1

Nothing new here, and one’s even a 60’s compilation album, but bloody hell what a comp!

48771193317_5ea2a9e60f.jpg

48771068406_e1f678411c.jpg

That JB’s record is the sharpest one I own. I don’t mean the brass is super tight, though it is obvs. I mean my turntable keeps spinning and I lift records on and off whilst its spinning, its just how mine works. This record has a really sharp edge not helped by having to grab it at 33rpm.

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Screamadelica 28 years old today.

Jesus. I was boring my wife the other night. 

giphy.gif

With how much an impact Loaded and Screamadelica had on our group of friends and how astonishing it was to hear Loaded, considering it followed Ivy Ivy Ivy. 

• Like 1

Â