What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

New album out today.  A really good listen so far!

Pearl_Jam_-_Dark_Matter.png

Was tempted to get this but after their extortionate gig prices it’s not the top of my list of must buys. 

New James album arrived this morning will be giving that a spin

It’s actually just become their first ever number one album ( excluding the greatest hits one) , beating Beyoncé into the number 2 spot ….42 years in the making 

they also went down the record shop and live gig with a copy of the album route that Shed Seven did to achieve their first number one album …. It’s a great way to beat the system rigged for the major acts , hope it continues ( also means I get to see James playing at Pryzm in Kingston later this year )

• Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

New James album arrived this morning will be giving that a spin

It’s actually just become their first ever number one album ( excluding the greatest hits one) , beating Beyoncé into the number 2 spot ….42 years in the making 

they also went down the record shop and live gig with a copy of the album route that Shed Seven did to achieve their first number one album …. It’s a great way to beat the system rigged for the major acts , hope it continues ( also means I get to see James playing at Pryzm in Kingston later this year )

And there’s a Big Country album (Why The Long Face) as part of Record Store Day schizz, and unbelievably it appears to be fairly sensibly priced.

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

And there’s a Big Country album (Why The Long Face) as part of Record Store Day schizz, and unbelievably it appears to be fairly sensibly priced.

It’s seen as one of their weaker albums (pipe down @bickster :) ) but I still give it a spin at work from time to time 

Funnily enough at the time I saw them promote this album  in HMV on Oxford street as I happened to be working in the area that day and walked by and saw a stage area being setup so popped in for a look 

• Like 1

Freshly back from picking up my RSD purchases.
Right now it’s Goat and the soundtrack to The Gallows Pole previously only available as a download. 

Big disappointment as the Liminanas / Menke soundtrack got pulled at the last minute so Probe weren’t able to sell it to me as it’s an RSD release so they can’t say it got out into the wild before they were told. Totally frustrating as it’s in the shop!

Goat fans may find this a little downbeat and new age survey, me I knew it was like this so I’m perfectly happy with it.

IMG_1807.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Are they paying customers to take it away? :D 

• Like 2

I shall leave my rummage until tomorrow and see what’s left.

the queue for Spillers started 10pm yesterday, so I think that’s best given a swerve.

Moving swiftly on to the second RSD purchase, an essential addition to my collection. A double album compilation of non PFI solo album tracks and collaborations mainly with Creation Rebel and Singers And Players (On-U house bands)
Prince Far I - Cry Tuff Chants On U

Also what If consider to be a proper RSD release

PFI has been a long time gone but the Jamaican MC/singer is still sorely missed (even though Sherwood still finds “new” vocal cuts to release)

IMG_1808.jpeg

29 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I shall leave my rummage until tomorrow and see what’s left.

the queue for Spillers started 10pm yesterday, so I think that’s best given a swerve.

Queuing for RSD is something I’ve never done and have no intention of starting

• Like 1

So third RSD purchase was the Harmonia double album. First slab is the album, second slab is the remixes

This was something of an impulse purchase as the Liminanas album was pulled

I have to say… I could sit here listening to this all week.

It was always a ground breaking album but the remixes actually make this which is highly unusual.

IMG_1810.jpeg

• Like 2

Well, this is the extent of my RSD, the prices are just not conducive to having much of a splurge.

spacer.png

Which brings the SFA album vinyl to…

spacer.png

they slowly creep towards the top of the ‘most in the collection by one band’ charts

• Like 2

Â