What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

So listening to both Bread and Fleetwood Mac at once?

It's a bit worse than that, I was probably listening to The Eagles or Vangelis, or Mike Oldfield by the time that was actually posted.

Ladies night.

Already looking forward to doing it again, next year.

38 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It's a bit worse than that, I was probably listening to The Eagles or Vangelis, or Mike Oldfield by the time that was actually posted.

Ladies night.

Already looking forward to doing it again, next year.

Bread, F. Mac, Eagles, Vangelis, Oldfield. 

All 'my' era, all stuff I enjoyed at the time, don't mind hearing if they pop up on the radio or in a shop, have all the CDs - but would hardly EVER play them by choice nowadays. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

All 'my' era, all stuff I enjoyed at the time, don't mind hearing if they pop up on the radio or in a shop, have all the CDs - but would hardly EVER play them by choice nowadays. 

Don't mind the odd eagles song, but I still enjoy listening to fleetwood Mac a lot. 

New Wolf Alice is pretty good. I had my concerns with Yuk Foo (which is dreadful) and then Don't Delete the Kisses was a bit nothing-y as a song. But the album works. Only Heavenward has really stood out so far (and that isn't perfect, the mix hides the vocal, which fits, but it's overdone and comes off a little like a guitar band trying to ape Sigur Rós a little, the vocal is more adding to the soundscape and tone) but overall is a good listen. Whether it's better than My Love is Cool or the EPs... not so sure. But decent.

Except Yuk Foo. Yuk Foo is the sound of your aural nerves begging for death.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Very much my wife's taste. She is very much of that era. I drew the line at Enya and her Orinoco Flow.

Anyway, normal service resumed.

37140423030_45cca543ef_z.jpg

Yeeeeeehaw!

On 30/09/2017 at 14:36, Chindie said:

New Wolf Alice is pretty good. I had my concerns with Yuk Foo (which is dreadful) and then Don't Delete the Kisses was a bit nothing-y as a song. But the album works. Only Heavenward has really stood out so far (and that isn't perfect, the mix hides the vocal, which fits, but it's overdone and comes off a little like a guitar band trying to ape Sigur Rós a little, the vocal is more adding to the soundscape and tone) but overall is a good listen. Whether it's better than My Love is Cool or the EPs... not so sure. But decent.

Except Yuk Foo. Yuk Foo is the sound of your aural nerves begging for death.

I think the whole album is excellent and I like Yuk Foo too. Space & Time and After The Zero Hour are the stand outs for me so far.

Can't wait to see them in November.

It's not as good as My Love Is Cool though, that album was a bit special imo.

Giving this a go by The Brians Jonestown Massacre ... like it so far. Album is called Dont Get Lost

70109-dont-get-lost.jpg

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

a1997364340_5.jpg

this album is quite something and I have been rotating it heavily these past few weeks. think Genesis' proggy vibes mixed with Talk Talk's synthy lushness and a dash of This Heat punky experimentalism.

fantastic stuff indeed, I know.

Â