What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Never gave these a listen, any good? 

I think you might like them. Check out the "Stars Die" compilation for a sampler of their early stuff, which was quite Pink Floyd-ish/psychedelic. Or if you want heavier riffs, "In Absentia" or "Fear of a Blank Planet". 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I think you might like them. Check out the "Stars Die" compilation for a sampler of their early stuff, which was quite Pink Floyd-ish/psychedelic. Or if you want heavier riffs, "In Absentia" or "Fear of a Blank Planet". 

@Rugeley Villa - it was at this time he was producing Opeth records which is where the heavier influence comes from. "Fear of a Blank Planet" is a particularly phenomenal record :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cyrusr said:

@Rugeley Villa - it was at this time he was producing Opeth records which is where the heavier influence comes from. "Fear of a Blank Planet" is a particularly phenomenal record :D

On the subject of Steven Wilson, I was saying how I'd been liking his solo albums less with each release - well I've now had a listen to the new one, and I like it. Reminds me of mid-period PT, Lightbulb Sun era type material. Will probably buy. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

On the subject of Steven Wilson, I was saying how I'd been liking his solo albums less with each release - well I've now had a listen to the new one, and I like it. Reminds me of mid-period PT, Lightbulb Sun era type material. Will probably buy. 

Thanks for that! I have to say I have been a little disappointed with his solo work, so might give the new one a try!

Â