What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I reckon so.  Looks like Noel's getting the experimental album he's always wanted to do out of his system now, Liam's proved he's back in business.  Someone will offer them a hundred squillion to do a world tour and they'll bury the hatchet.

I'll be straight on it when they do.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Have there ever been brothers in bands who didn't hate each other? 

Yeah, loads.

Just an excuse for 3 belting songs

And Rantin's faves had brothers in didn't they? [edit, he beat me to it]

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Me too, I was expecting it to be a disaster as I've never really liked his songwriting but I'd give it a solid 7/10.  His voice elevates a lot of the songs, it's the best he's sounded in years.  As for Norton, Chris Rock has clearly never come across a Liam Gallagher before in his life.  I found it hilarious, whether Liam was off his tits or just melting because he was wearing a massive parka in a TV studio I'm not sure.

The problem with pretty much all the songs is that it isn't his voice at all, they must have burnt out about 6 auto-tune machines making it as his recent live performances are nothing like his voice on the album.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

The problem with pretty much all the songs is that it isn't his voice at all, they must have burnt out about 6 auto-tune machines making it as his recent live performances are nothing like his voice on the album.

I thought on graham norton, he was singing through his nose more than ever. 

On 10/7/2017 at 17:03, mjmooney said:

Nelson Bragg: We Get What We Want. I think Rob might like this - very Byrds/Beach Boys/early Todd Rundgren style harmony pop. 

This is a cover originally on Brian Wilson's first solo LP from 1988.

Bragg has been in Wilson's touring band for 14 years.

37 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

This is a cover originally on Brian Wilson's first solo LP from 1988.

Bragg has been in Wilson's touring band for 14 years.

I knew the first bit, but not the second. Do you have any of his solo stuff? 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I knew the first bit, but not the second. Do you have any of his solo stuff? 

No.

Apparently just the two albums released. Wouldn't mind the coloured vinyl re-press of his first.

16 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

No.

Apparently just the two albums released. Wouldn't mind the coloured vinyl re-press of his first.

I've just got the second one. On first listen I was a bit put off, because it was SO sugary sweet, but I dug it out again the other day and really enjoyed it. Played it a few times this week and it's really grown on me. 

Â