What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Aye, 'tis a wonderful thing.

But the wrong album for that stick! It has production values beyond just turning the balance, bass and treble knobs up and down and that's not what I was after.

There will be others, and that's likely to end up on one with a load of Mungo's HiFi and Primal Scream and Mountain of Love and all that stuff with those 90's and 00's vibes going on. 

I've got a new album in the boot of the car... but I can't bring it in yet. 

:ph34r:

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Image result for unkle the road part 1

U.N.K.L.E The Road Part One

More low-key than previous stuff but it's gorgeously done. 

That's probably the best track IMO, I was a bit disappointed with the album overall

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

That's probably the best track IMO, I was a bit disappointed with the album overall

I think it will get better after a few listens. Have had it on a couple of times already and like it.

agree the lanegan track is the best one.

On 27/08/2017 at 02:09, villa4europe said:

I haven't got it yet but had a couple of conversations tonight about how special the new queens of the Stone Age album is, will defo be giving that a blast tomorrow

I have to say, it is pretty freakin good. 

'Feet don't fail me' is a tune and as for 'the way you used to do', well that is just one of those songs that becomes an instant classic the first time you hear it. An absolute banger. 

• Like 1

OMFG it's the greatest thing, since the last greatest thing and that was when they released their last album. 

Utterly brilliant from start to finish. 

Ally Pally is going to be biblical. 

05B8E659-FB37-48F9-8375-270F578C5CD0-12990-000009284D6E5E82.jpeg

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 2

On 01/09/2017 at 09:57, wazzap24 said:

OMFG it's the greatest thing, since the last greatest thing and that was when they released their last album. 

Utterly brilliant from start to finish. 

Ally Pally is going to be biblical. 

05B8E659-FB37-48F9-8375-270F578C5CD0-12990-000009284D6E5E82.jpeg

Really don't get the. clamour for LCD  Soundsystem. I know loads of my friends like them, just don't get what they bring to the table personally. Drumbeat, bloke that can't sing, shite lyrics and sometimes the semblance of a tune. Track one on that album is a shite poor OMD, Track 2 is piss poor Talking Heads,  Track 3 is just dull, Track 4 is a piss poor impersonation of probably the worst period (of quite a few) of David Bowie. If Martin Hammett was still alive, he'D definitely want to sue over the drum sound on track 5... then comes Tonight, phat 80's synth bass line that goes nowhere all through the track, this one makes me turn the radio over most of the time especially when he does his Queen / Flash Gordon bit..... that's as much as I can take.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Really don't get the. clamour for LCD  Soundsystem. I know loads of my friends like them, just don't get what they bring to the table personally. Drumbeat, bloke that can't sing, shite lyrics and sometimes the semblance of a tune. Track one on that album is a shite poor OMD, Track 2 is piss poor Talking Heads,  Track 3 is just dull, Track 4 is a piss poor impersonation of probably the worst period (of quite a few) of David Bowie. If Martin Hammett was still alive, he'D definitely want to sue over the drum sound on track 5... then comes Tonight, phat 80's synth bass line that goes nowhere all through the track, this one makes me turn the radio over most of the time especially when he does his Queen / Flash Gordon bit..... that's as much as I can take.

They are definitely a band I'd put in the 'marmite' category. Very few people seem to think they're 'alright', they tend to provoke extreme reaction. If you want a laugh, go read the Guardian comments section under their last two album reviews. Hilariously over-educated people, with Phd's in media studies, trying to out word removed each other over how good/bad they are, with not one drop of self awareness. 

I love them (fave artist of all time), for all the reasons you don't. It's the bits I like about Bowie and Talking Heads, with monster synths and four on the floor beats. I've always love guitar music, hip hop and dance, so it combines two of my faves in that regard. 

I almost went to MSG for their last show and regretted not doing it for a long time, so it's a bit of a dream come true that they've reformed and I've got tickets for one of the Ally Pally gigs. 

• Like 1

Â