What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Really don't get the. clamour for LCD  Soundsystem. I know loads of my friends like them, just don't get what they bring to the table personally. Drumbeat, bloke that can't sing, shite lyrics and sometimes the semblance of a tune. Track one on that album is a shite poor OMD, Track 2 is piss poor Talking Heads,  Track 3 is just dull, Track 4 is a piss poor impersonation of probably the worst period (of quite a few) of David Bowie. If Martin Hammett was still alive, he'D definitely want to sue over the drum sound on track 5... then comes Tonight, phat 80's synth bass line that goes nowhere all through the track, this one makes me turn the radio over most of the time especially when he does his Queen / Flash Gordon bit..... that's as much as I can take.

Thank you for that. I've never knowingly heard a note by LCD Sound System, but just about everything you've compared them to comes under my 'detest' banner. I shall know to avoid them like the plague. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Thank you for that. I've never knowingly heard a note by LCD Sound System, but just about everything you've compared them to comes under my 'detest' banner. I shall know to avoid them like the plague. 

Don't listen to him! 

9 minutes of your life, what's the worst that could happen.?

Turn it up to 11 and go Dance Yrself Clean

40 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Don't listen to him! 

Dance. Dance? DANCE??? 

Hell, no. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Don't listen to him! 

Is that really one of their best? Poor imitation of Talking Heads that. Mediocre.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Risso said:

Is that really one of their best? Poor imitation of Talking Heads that. Mediocre.

It's the shitty Soundsystem in that cheap car you drive! :P

never said one of the best, just one of my faves. 

Its obviously not for some of you old dodgers on here :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

It's the shitty Soundsystem in that cheap car you drive! :P

never said one of the best, just one of my faves. 

Its obviously not for some of you old dodgers on here :D

I'm always up for something new.  Go on, post something of theirs that's really good, I promise to give it a fair crack of the whip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I'm always up for something new.  Go on, post something of theirs that's really good, I promise to give it a fair crack of the whip.

I feel like Admiral Ackbar is calling out to me here,  but against my better judgement and on the basis you promised to play nice, I'll give it a whirl.....

I'm gonna give you 3 tracks and I've mercifully not picked the really long ones! 

If you get through these without wanting to smash up your stereo, search for 'Yeah (Crass version)'. It's a base driven, disco number that somehow turns into one of the great rave tunes half way through. Mental. 

Arguably their biggest 'hit' and always in the top 5 of any pretentious 'top songs of the 00's' list. 'All my Friends' 

'Tribulations' from their debut 

And a creeping ballad about the sanitisation of NYC that ends in a wig out. 'New York I Love you, but you're bringing me down' 

Enjoy :D

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Arguably their biggest 'hit' and always in the top 5 of any pretentious 'top songs of the 00's' list. 'All my Friends' 

That's decent. Heard it loads of times through radio play, but never taken enough interest to listen to who it is by. Wouldn't buy it, but it's alright. The other two, not so much.

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

HMHB are like a really funny TV advert - brilliant for the first couple of listens, and tiresome forever after. 

ok then, where the "dance dance dance" line came from

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

That's decent. Heard it loads of times through radio play, but never taken enough interest to listen to who it is by. Wouldn't buy it, but it's alright. The other two, not so much.

TBH it's kind of impossible to try and pick songs you think might give a fair representation. 

I don't know why, but from your posts in the music thread/s, I thought they would be your cup of tea? 

5 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

TBH it's kind of impossible to try and pick songs you think might give a fair representation. 

I don't know why, but from your posts in the music thread/s, I thought they would be your cup of tea? 

I know people who rave about them and James Murphy and that's great. but they've just never kind of clicked with me.  And like Bicks said, Talking Heads, who I completely love, kind of did it much better.

• Like 2

Â