What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I really like it, think the low expectations have helped and the first 3 tracks he released were all great

was brilliant seeing him off his tits on graham norton last night

Really? Don't surprise me that he's still using if I'm honest. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I really like it, think the low expectations have helped and the first 3 tracks he released were all great

was brilliant seeing him off his tits on graham norton last night

Me too, I was expecting it to be a disaster as I've never really liked his songwriting but I'd give it a solid 7/10.  His voice elevates a lot of the songs, it's the best he's sounded in years.  As for Norton, Chris Rock has clearly never come across a Liam Gallagher before in his life.  I found it hilarious, whether Liam was off his tits or just melting because he was wearing a massive parka in a TV studio I'm not sure.

• Like 2

Chris Rock was owning that sofa, top of his game and star of the show...right up to the point they were joined by sweaty parka man.

Rock just shut up, stopped smiling and sat there staring, either wondering who the hell is this guy that keeps wiping his head sweat on his sleeve, or, is this guy going to hit me.

The story about coming home drunk at age 14 and pissing over his brother's new stereo system. I think that impressed Rock the most.

Credit to Norton, not a show I normally watch but he looked like he could just change gear. Went from fawning over whoever the other guests were, to chatting with Gallagher. 

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Chris Rock was owning that sofa, top of his game and star of the show...right up to the point they were joined by sweaty parka man.

Rock just shut up, stopped smiling and sat there staring, either wondering who the hell is this guy that keeps wiping his head sweat on his sleeve, or, is this guy going to hit me.

The story about coming home drunk at age 14 and pissing over his brother's new stereo system. I think that impressed Rock the most.

Credit to Norton, not a show I normally watch but he looked like he could just change gear. Went from fawning over whoever the other guests were, to chatting with Gallagher. 

I'm not a massive fan of Graham Norton I do think that the format for his show works really well though, it's good having 3 or 4 guests on at the same time, much better than having one person on for 10 minutes at a time.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A £200 pretty green parka that's sold out this morning!

I follow Liam Gallagher wears on Twitter, that man must be gold dust for clothing companies, especially coats and jackets

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

A £200 pretty green parka that's sold out this morning!

I follow Liam Gallagher wears on Twitter, that man must be gold dust for clothing companies, especially coats and jackets

Can't fault his style tbf, although it's not for me anymore.

Have there ever been brothers in bands who didn't hate each other? 

Don & Phil Everly - aggro

Ray & Dave Davies - aggro

Noel & Liam Gallagher - aggro

Maybe Gregg & Duane Allman? Dunno. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dont know about Noel, some really good solid stuff on his album and way more consistent than beady eye but I don't think he has a song in that's above 8/10 anymore

liam has a 10/10 and a 1/10 in him

As usual Noel's better songs didn't appear on his albums . You'd have thought he would have learned by now.

01. Do the Damage (00:00)

02. Let the Lord Shine a Light on Me (03:26)

03. The Good Rebel (07:29)

04. Leave My Guitar Alone (11:44)

05. Shoot a Hole into the Sun (14:43)

06. Freaky Teeth (22:30)

07. I'd Pick You Every Time (26:21)

08. Revolution Song (28:34)

09. Here's a Candle (For Your Birthday Cake) (31:51)

10. Alone on the Rope (34:51)

11. A Simple Game of Genius (39:53)

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Tbf I think a lot of it is for show. Obviously there is problems between Noel and Liam, but it's not as bad as some of the others you have mentioned.

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Brian, Dennis and Carl Wilson had a great relationship. Even when Dennis was booted out for substance abuse that was mainly Mike's doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Chris rock seemed a bit intimidated by his presence I think. Don't think Liam is high either, more so red hot after performing in that coat. Funny thing is when he shakes people's hands near the end after he had spent the whole show wiping sweat of his head. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Won't be long before the reunion starts to gather momentum.

I reckon so.  Looks like Noel's getting the experimental album he's always wanted to do out of his system now, Liam's proved he's back in business.  Someone will offer them a hundred squillion to do a world tour and they'll bury the hatchet.

Â