What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

51URrddTjaL._SS500.jpg

Its alright, not great, the beatles influence is more blatant than ever, I struggled to get past all the cliched lines and borrowed lyrics, from half listening to the album this morning I picked up The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Joy Division, and Oasis.

I might listen to it again but it certainly won't be on repeat for months on end like oasis were for me

19 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

51URrddTjaL._SS500.jpg

Its alright, not great, the beatles influence is more blatant than ever, I struggled to get past all the cliched lines and borrowed lyrics, from half listening to the album this morning I picked up The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Joy Division, and Oasis.

I might listen to it again but it certainly won't be on repeat for months on end like oasis were for me

Let's be honest then, it's shite. Some people just can't cut it on their own. Noel was always the more talented, but even he is a shadow of his former self. It's hard when you have to follow oasis up, but after a few albums they just became another band.

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Let's be honest then, it's shite. Some people just can't cut it on their own. Noel was always the more talented, but even he is a shadow of his former self. It's hard when you have to follow oasis up, but after a few albums they just became another band.

I think shite is a bit harsh, there are some alright songs on there , but then there are some generic wishy washy songs on there.

I loved Oasis up until Heathern Chemistry, then I just completely lost interest in them, they were the biggest band in my life up until that point.

Noels solo stuff is alright as well, he is degenerated into now being pleasant Sunday morning listening and nothing more

Edited by leemond2008

Had Slade's first 2 albums, one as Ambrose slade, 2 Waylong Jennings album, a Jason Eady album and a Lars Pluto and The Reavers album for my birthday and so making my way through all of them.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Had Slade's first 2 albums, one as Ambrose slade, 2 Waylong Jennings album, a Jason Eady album and a Lars Pluto and The Reavers album for my birthday and so making my way through all of them.

Slade's "Shape of Things to Come" is one of my all-time favourite tracks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Overlooked purely because they are now seen as "That band that made the Christmas song"

Slade are for life, not just for Christmas.

More Slade talk please!

• Like 1

Take away the silly costumes and the mis-spelled titles, and they would be seen in an entirely different light. Slade in Flame is actually one of the few good rock music movies. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Take away the silly costumes and the mis-spelled titles, and they would be seen in an entirely different light. Slade in Flame is actually one of the few good rock music movies. 

I can see why people see them as a bit of a comedy act, or is that being too harsh. Maybe not a serious band would be better worded. I seen that a few years ago and it's pretty good. 

15 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I think shite is a bit harsh, there are some alright songs on there , but then there are some generic wishy washy songs on there.

I loved Oasis up until Heathern Chemistry, then I just completely lost interest in them, they were the biggest band in my life up until that point.

Noels solo stuff is alright as well, he is degenerated into now being pleasant Sunday morning listening and nothing more

I can't argue with either of your posts tbh. A handful of "ok" songs on LG's album but some terrible ones too. Lyrically it's a mess slightly surprising as he had a co-writer for most of it.

I think every song is about "you" (whoever it is) or "me" (LG). No imagination at all.

I still listen to Oasis most days, but this is a bit crap. 4/10. 

P.s. Anyone else going to see him in Birmingham?

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Lyrically it's a mess slightly surprising as he had a co-writer for most of it.

Yeah that was the thing that really surprised me as well, I would have thought that a co-writer would have weeded out all of the blatant references, I found them to get a bit tiresome in the end, I found myself listening for them rather than listening to the actual songs

Off the top of my head:

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows
Beatles - Its only Love
Beatles - Happiness is a warm gun
Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
Joy Division - Love will tear us apart
George Harrison (I can't remember what song it ws now but I remember hearing it)

Oh and I believe that there is also rip off of 'Dya wanna be a spaceman' by Oasis in there as well

it just seems like someone that is absolutely void of ideas or someone who just thinks that all the nods are 'cool' Noel was known for ripping off the odd lyrics and/or riff but these just stick out like sore thumbs

• Like 1

Â