What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

25 minutes ago, Xann said:

Gotcha!

I don't think the SFA ones are mannequins?

Yes, no they weren't actual real mannequins. 

The woman 'mannequin' (Claire Driver) went on to play 'a fat slag' in a Lucozade commercial and Primrose Shipman in a TV movie about Harold Shipman...

3 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Anyone heard the Kurt Vile / Courtney Barnett album yet? Worth a purchase?

I’d imagine if you think you might like it, you probably will. I’m really enjoying it so far 

• Like 1

41X+qHm5x6L._SY450_.jpg

Its strange how certain things stick with you when it comes to music, I remember listening to this constantly on the bus going to work, at the time I was reading a book called The Others by James Herbert, every morning I'd either listen to this album or radio 1

I know it was 2002 because whenever I put the radio on all that would be played was Cry me a River by Justin Timberlake and all the things she said by them Russian lesbian twins.

I was absolutely arsing this album at that point for some reason, and now I can't listen to it without thinking of Russian lesbian twins (not bad) and hunchbacks getting skull **** by mutant dogs with 12 inch dicks (that was out of the book)

same thing with Velvet Revolver, if I'm ever feeling nostalgic and put that on it always takes me back to when I was reading IT by Stephen King, Drive by Truckers album The Dirty South always takes me back to The Gunslinger by King as well.

Silly how little insignificant things stick with you isn't it

42 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

41X+qHm5x6L._SY450_.jpg

Its strange how certain things stick with you when it comes to music, I remember listening to this constantly on the bus going to work, at the time I was reading a book called The Others by James Herbert, every morning I'd either listen to this album or radio 1

I know it was 2002 because whenever I put the radio on all that would be played was Cry me a River by Justin Timberlake and all the things she said by them Russian lesbian twins.

I was absolutely arsing this album at that point for some reason, and now I can't listen to it without thinking of Russian lesbian twins (not bad) and hunchbacks getting skull **** by mutant dogs with 12 inch dicks (that was out of the book)

same thing with Velvet Revolver, if I'm ever feeling nostalgic and put that on it always takes me back to when I was reading IT by Stephen King, Drive by Truckers album The Dirty South always takes me back to The Gunslinger by King as well.

Silly how little insignificant things stick with you isn't it

Geezer Butler played on this album. There are around 4 songs I like and the rest are a bit meh. Not a classic, but certainly not his worst. I'm hit and miss with ozzy in general. Imo he's made 3 full on classic albums with the rest ranging from average to crap. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Geezer Butler played on this album. There are around 4 songs I like and the rest are a bit meh. Not a classic, but certainly not his worst. I'm hit and miss with ozzy in general. Imo he's made 3 full on classic albums with the rest ranging from average to crap. 

agreed, a lot of Ozzy's solo stuff was a wee bit to...I don't know...Americanized maybe...a little too 80's hair metal...some cracking stuff don't get me wrong I like a lot of his stuff but I struggle to get onto a real 'Ozzy kick' there is something about this album that always makes me return to it though, its probably just that it was a fun time in my life when I was listening to it

• Like 1

Â