What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

35795158350_eb5ac3d860.jpg

Saw this guy live when this album came out about 10 years ago.

He was a support act and he was doing that 'looping' thing that's got popular recently. The support act left it about an hour before they came on after him, one of those nights when the support that was booked was a bit too good. Absolutely nailed it.

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

35795158350_eb5ac3d860.jpg

Saw this guy live when this album came out about 10 years ago.

He was a support act and he was doing that 'looping' thing that's got popular recently. The support act left it about an hour before they came on after him, one of those nights when the support that was booked was a bit too good. Absolutely nailed it.

I have a track of his on a twisted nerve compilation. It must have stuck out for me to recall it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Rolling Stones, Let It Bleed. 

Honestly, was there a better stones album? One of my all time favourite albums. It really is that superb.

Yes.

Their Satanic Majesties Request. In my opinion of course. Not a fan of the Stones apart from aforementioned Psych masterpiece

Just now, rjw63 said:

Yes.

Their Satanic Majesties Request. In my opinion of course. Not a fan of the Stones apart from aforementioned Psych masterpiece

Have you ever heard 'Let It Bleed' ? I'm not a massive fan of Satanic Majesties Request, although I am now a practising satanist ;)

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Fair enough. 

Just watched Slayer playing "Raining Blood" on Jimmy Fallon from last night, fan-****-tastic

• Like 2

well it feels rude for some reason posting an album straight after someone else has, like you're trying to 'trump' them, which would be very poor etiquette

but I'm here, so it's going in

36228121125_76e3aa1665_c.jpg

absolute hat full of tunes, re release with added snippets, had it broadcasting around the streets of Bath all day, trading the car soon, so it doesn't matter if the speakers go bang

yeah, that tool playing music really loud, that was me

and now I've got the 'phones on, listening again

beautiful

one of my mates is obsessed with 'She's Got Spies', there's a demo version on disc two that'll have him hard for a week

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

well it feels rude for some reason posting an album straight after someone else has, like you're trying to 'trump' them, which would be very poor etiquette

but I'm here, so it's going in

36228121125_76e3aa1665_c.jpg

absolute hat full of tunes, re release with added snippets, had it broadcasting around the streets of Bath all day, trading the car soon, so it doesn't matter if the speakers go bang

yeah, that tool playing music really loud, that was me

and now I've got the 'phones on, listening again

beautiful

one of my mates is obsessed with 'She's Got Spies', there's a demo version on disc two that'll have him hard for a week

You weren't the only one blasting it out in Bath today.

• Like 1

everything-now.jpg?quality=80&w=806

Everything Now by Arcade Fire

The new album by Arcade Fire. Thus far I am disappointed this album is so.. I can't even describe it. This is a band that throughout their careers have crafted layered and thoughtful albums - 'Everything Now' as a album is the polar opposite to everything they have ever done. Maybe it'll grow on me, but right now I'm not sure what they were going for here.

23 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just watched Slayer playing "Raining Blood" on Jimmy Fallon from last night, fan-****-tastic

Just looked that up.  I have to be honest and admit that that's one genre of music that I will just never, ever get.

Â