• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that Quiche Sanches fella IS after the job, I hope we at least interview him. I don't know much about him, but his fancy foreign name and the fact he's won a cup surely means that he's a footballing-philosophy chap?!

Give him an interview and people will forget about the McLeish meeting. (Then when McLeish is appointed, at least Randy can say 'Seeeeeee.... it wasn't all decided beforehand!')

Now it is the Mirror, but the Sanchez Flores link has been there in the background the past couple of weeks. At the very least the board should sound out his representitive to see if he would be interested because, and I can't emphasise this enough, I would hire him every day of the week over Alex McLeish.

It would be ironic if Mclaren brought Forest up and passed Villa going the other way under mcleish.

It would be a **** disaster!

Hell yeah it would!

You know what'd be bad aswell? If the clouds started falling out of the sky and kept landing on people while they're taking a piss in the park!!! That'd be dreadful.

You know what else would be a disaster? If all the chocolate in the world turned into bumble bees.

If we get someone like Wigan or Blackburn 1st home game i think only about 25k will turn up

I think a lot will depend on our pre-season (which will be played out to empty stadiums).

If we play some decent football people might come round. If we play Mcleish football, 25k is being generous.

If we get someone like Wigan or Blackburn 1st home game i think only about 25k will turn up

I think a lot will depend on our pre-season (which will be played out to empty stadiums).

If we play some decent football people might come round. If we play Mcleish football, 25k is being generous.

More like 2-5K!

Things at Villa Park have really gone down the toilet in a year. Faulkner was appointed and MON left and since then things have gone from bad to worse and when there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel we're hit with a bombshell.

Houllier was appointed and he didn't do a good job initially. Things were starting to look better in the end but it was inevitable that he had to quit because of his health. If it hadn't have been for his health I think a lot of people would have wanted him to continue. But that is not up for debate now.

This summer started brightly and once again it looked like a fresh start with hopefully an experienced manager or an up and coming one taking the helm. But then this weird and confusing twist pops up and leaves most of us dumbstruck.

I've always supported Randy and he, in my opinion, has always had Aston Villa's best interest at heart but this pending appointment is really tough to understand. It all points to finding someone who is happy with getting little money to spend and can use the overpaid players and maybe some youngsters to let us sail comfortably in the middle of the Premier League.

Another thing that supports this is the news that we have no interest in appointing a manager like Quique Flores who could bring some good players from La Liga. Ashley Young is as good as gone, we all know that and now the news that Downing wants out isn't that surprising anymore.

If there is one thing that bugged most of us with MON it was that he wasn't willing to use our promising youngsters much. Then last year we learned it the hard way that you really don't win anything with kids (unless they are potentially world class). The only way to improve in this league is to spend money on your squad so that you are constantly improving.

I'm loathe to put this on here before McLeish is even appointed but to me all the signs point to that it's only a formality. I'm normally a fairly optimistic person but this to me is the reality we are facing.

i'm thinking more of if we get man U , Liverpool , City and Chelsea as our first 4 or 5 fixtures and zero points that it's gonna turn even more ugly

Here's a straw to clutch, maybe just maybe Randy is interviewing AM the the managers job of AVFC ladies team? But then i suppose if he was he would just go for Karen Brady!! We could have the full set then.

I will not show no respect to a chairman who has no respect to us fans. I spent 1000s watching villa last season. I will not don it this season with that clown in charge :-@

PF time to go too.

This is the most illogical choice of manager that I can possibly think of.

Alex McLeish= Nice guy, shit manager.

Oh well hopefully he won't quite get us relegated this coming season and we can go through the fun of all this again next year!

It's the mirror, it must be at least >80% bollocks.

If not then Flores and Rijaard came sniffing for this job, and we weren't interested.

In which case, someone tell the board to get **** and flush this "Premiership experience" requirement down the bog.