• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

It pisses me off how people are saying Villa fans are only upset because he's a former Blues manager.

No, it's because he's shit.

OK so where does he have to finish next season for you to admit he is a good manager? Top 4? Top 6? Top8?

He's not a good manager though.

So if he finished top 4 with us you would still say he was not a good manager?

if my aunty had bollocks...

He's an awful manager I don't see why people are trying to make out that he's not, he's never even got a sniff on the first 2 1/2 manager threads no one wanted him before it was too late 90% don't want him now

it's admittance that's it's happening and clutching at straws for positives

well, I hope we can all come back to some of these posts in the fullness of time.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing that just doesn't add up at all in all this...apart from Randy Lerner turning from a saint to a sinner in the space of two weeks over

his approach to Dave Whelen compared to the supposed tapping up of McCleish + the complete non disclosure blackout at VP.....

Is since when did Randy Lerner & Co NOT listen to the fans wishes??... He's done alot for our club rebuilding the infra structure and most of the time the fans have been consulted and included... Even to the point where the General responds to fans on message boards!! Unheard of at any other club...then there was the anthem... again all the forums were consulted....There's numerous examples.

Yet tonight when there's been wall to wall coverage on SSN & Talksport all day in the build up to rampant, angry Villa fans protesting at VP etc

and fury of twitter, forums and Facebook.....

The club are now going to appoint a manager in total disregard to most of the fans??!!!...

The whole thing just doesn't make sense to me AT ALL!!

What a piss take, how on earth have we ended up in this situation!

If this does finally happen, then the board must be prepared for the wrath of the fans if AM falls on his arse and doesn't deliver, it won't be pretty.

Utterly utterly disgraceful, I can't believe we've fallen so far so quickly.

Everyone ready for a typical PR statement from the board.

What a joke we are.

The fact so many good top managers were about makes it worse!

It'll be interesting to see how they spin it at least.

From my dingle friend;

"Alex McLeish is well placed to deliver on what Houllier nearly accomplished."

Justify it all you want but IMO he is 100% bang on.

Think you'll find he means relegation mate. :cry:

I didn't grow up a Villa fan but caught my Villa bug in 1997 when they played in Los Angeles. They became my team and my crazy little obsession when other kids my age here at home laughed at the mere mention of the word "soccer". My father took me to my first Villa game too though he did it to support the Galaxy. I came from the game in love with the claret and blue. I love the club and have for years and nothing that happens regarding the appt will change that. I do feel bad for my brummie brothers and sisters for the hurt feelings and stick you may have to endure but it was Villa fans that taught me that you can change your name, you can change your wife but you can never chnge your club. So up the Villa! Cheers

From my dingle friend;

"Alex McLeish is well placed to deliver on what Houllier nearly accomplished."

Justify it all you want but IMO he is 100% bang on.

Think you'll find he means relegation mate. :cry:

I think its a good chance we will be.

I cant get my head around this decision, because even though i can see where they are coming from, its got no bloody chance of working, because a large section of the support will always be against him.

Hes always going to be 2 defeats away from abuse....

Houllier's struggles with the players are now well documented. Well Mcleish will be inheriting most of that squad. They know that they have the power to cause him grief because, it woill be him coming under the cosh!!!

I like Mcleish as a person, but as Villa Manager????

Its just madness!!!

If it works, we proberly finish mid table, if it fails.......where????

And what happens then??? Is there a contingency plan here???

Then on to Mcleish.

What happens if he takes all the anti stuff on board and turns us down????

We really have put ourselves between a rock and a hard place, and i just cant fathom how in the hell weve got ourselves in this bloody mess :oops:

If anyone at all think that the £5.4m will go towards strengthening the noses then they are in for a shock. It will all go to servicing their debt. And I can hardly see any club splashing the cash on their players either. Like Pompey when they went down, clubs know they are close to administration, so I guess are willing to hold fire til they do go into administration and then buy the asset players at a real knock down price. Whoever wants Dann, for example, would, unless a lower tea desperate, wait to pay for him, knowing that the administrator will, maybe come January, get rid at low fee. So expect noses players, if they go to us or others, to be loan signings with a view to permanent deal due to their precarious financial situation.

Sorry, but off topic but links in with the supposed 'compensation fee.'

Still hoping it isn't AM, purely because of two relegations. Oh, and i'd make some money :oops:

If it is going to be AM, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I hope the Villa fans also give RL the benefit of the doubt on this. Hey, he's actually MET the guy after all.

It is not about BCFC. I supported Houllier the whole time (only had doubts after Sunderland at home) and didn't even dislike O'Leary that much (he wasn't great but we had Ellis). Now we have a great chairman but this is so obviously an error....

It looks like its going to happen and there is nothing we can do about it so I preparing myself to support our players and give McLeish a chance. He is not to blame for this and by all accounts he's not a bad bloke.

However I have lost most of my respect for Lerner and Faulker and that is where my anger and displeasure will be directed. They are the ones that have **** us, not McLeish.

It looks like its going to happen and there is nothing we can do about it so I preparing myself to support our players and give McLeish a chance. He is not to blame for this and by all accounts he's not a bad bloke.

However I have lost most of my respect for Lerner and Faulker and that is where my anger and displeasure will be directed. They are the ones that have **** us, not McLeish.

Could you bring yourself to sing his name?

Ive thought hard and long about this, and i really dont think i could.