• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Sadly we've taken advise from people in the game. This whole Saga has just showed me how many friends Mcleish has in the game and in the media. They are part of the "old man's club" which are responsible for both the England team and Scottish team being shit. A mutual back-slapping club that look after their own. A terrible appointment, even Southgate would have been better, at least he has the right ethos.

Big men vs little men percentage football here we come.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's pathetic that people are now trying to pretend McLeish is not a shocking appointment. It is, he's a rubbish manager and we have gone further backwards. I'm sick of this board. Totally lost all faith in Lerner.

Ye the idiots on here saying 'he'll get us organised' 'he's not so bad after all' are the exact reason Randy knew he could get away with this. He could appoint Gaddafi and he'd still get people on here justifying it because they're too soppy over Villa to see how bad things have gotten.

It's the worst managerial appointment of all time, for any club.

Yeah, I think any prospective players would love to come now that we've shown them how supportive and patient we can be. :D Don't fool yourselves, even if AM isn't the one for us, we as fans have hurt the club as well with our reactions. At least in the short term.

Has he proved he can bring through academy products? NO!

Has he proved he can be successful in the Premier League? NO!

Has he proved he can bring attractive football to the English game? NO!

Is he liked by Aston Villa fans? NO!

After hearing Sky Sports News spoke to a Villa player, was he happy with McLeish? NO!

Will Stewart Downing stay if McLeish is made manager? NO!

Will Alex McLeish be backed in the transfer market now that Randy Lerner wants the club to be self sustainable? NO!

Is he a good enough manager for Aston Villa? NO!

Could someone please tell me just exactly why Randy Lerner would be remotely interested in Alex McLeish? The only thing he will do successfully is piss all of us off!! Why Randy Lerner has planned this I do not know!!

It's a done deal , lawyers meeting tomorrow

Not happy and it's a big F**k you from Lerner .. Been falling out with football for a while and i think Lerner has just tipped the balance for me

means I'll be spending saturdays with my family now so for that alone I'm really really fuc*ed off :winkold:

The mirror - we turn him down

We turn down him for McLeish???? Are they nuts!!

Yes it would be a gamble and gamble worth taking. Plus, he would attract good continental players. Ah well

Don't torture yourself anymore the next few months are gonna be bad enough as it is

Im off to have nightmares and wake up tomorrow and put the bad dream aside and accept it....

I will say I think McLeish is a top bloke....noone should ever question the individual and it takes great balls to still want the job after today's events...But, I'm sorry, it isn't right. I will still support the Villa as I always do, through the good times as well as the bad....too many bad times for my liking recently...But, thats life. Move on and accept it no matter how much I object to the decisions that have been made.

it's pathetic that people are now trying to pretend McLeish is not a shocking appointment. It is, he's a rubbish manager and we have gone further backwards. I'm sick of this board. Totally lost all faith in Lerner.

Would you take Rafa now CV ??!!?? :winkold:

It's a done deal , lawyers meeting tomorrow

Not happy and it's a big F**k you from Lerner .. Been falling out with football for a while and i think Lerner has just tipped the balance for me

means I'll be spending saturdays with my family now so for that alone I'm really really fuc*ed off :winkold:

Source?

If the fans are on his back from the start then we're not gonna do any good this season.

Maybe the fans can help oust him after 1-2 months so that gives the new guy enough time to keep us up :cheer:

Yeah, I think any prospective players would love to come now that we've shown them how supportive and patient we can be. :D Don't fool yourselves, even if AM isn't the one for us, we as fans have hurt the club as well with our reactions. At least in the short term.

That goes on the board for me. That outcome should have been completely foreseeable. By interviewing him (and especially dragging it out), the board accepts the consequences.

AM hasn't got balls!

Who else in the premiership would give him a job? Look through the table and give me one. Blackburn maybe with their joke of a board?

He is laughing all the way to the bank knowing that he will get a 3/4 year contract and that he will be gone by Christmas with a full payout. It will be spun that he never had a chance because of those "nasty villa fans" and this whole annual farce of a managerial appointment will start again. It will probably cost us more than £10 million in compo, wages for him and his staff. That will be probably more than we spend on any player in the transfer window.

This will go down as one of the worst appointments in football history.

I can understand the whole "Premier League experience thing". No wait, actually I can't, it's **** stupid, but let's ignore that for a second. Even if you're looking solely at managers with Premier League experience who are actually obtainable, there are still plenty of better options out there. Hughes comes to mind, same goes for Hughton. Even Steve McLaren. Speaking of the latter, it baffles me how they can turn him down based on the fans reaction and then go and appoint Alex **** McLeish, which has created a far worse reaction.

I've always defended the board but now I hope they sell up because they have shown themselves to be completely and utterly stupid. They've appointed a poor manager who plays shit football and alienated a very large portion of the fans in the process. On the top of that, there are going to be legal wranglings with SHA as a result of this appointment. What is it they see in him? This is like Houllier refusing to drop Dunne but on a far bigger scale.

Its a total disgrace and shows how much the board actually care about us fans! **** Mcleish and **** the board at this moment in time. God Help Mcleish altogether this will only end up 1 way and there won't be no good from it