• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It pisses me off how people are saying Villa fans are only upset because he's a former Blues manager.

No, it's because he's shit.

I wish all shit managers could win the League Cup, we would have won it 10 times last year if fans were to be believed when spouting off about Houllier.

I hope and pray that this McLeish shit is just a media cover for who we really are looking for.

If McLeish is appointed, I will get behind him; i feel he wont be given much of a chance and therefore it is more important to hire someone most supporters prefer.

Don't get me wrong, it disgusts me to see McLeish being appointed, but I think we should get behind him if he is, but he MUST be given less time than anyone else due to his origins imo. Jan 2012 imo.

Well, if there's one thing I know from American cinema, it's that guys with Scottish accents always start off curmudgeonly and gruff, but they always turn out lovable and full of wisdom at the end.

The other thing I know is that I'm not really sure how to spell 'curmudgeonly'.

It pisses me off how people are saying Villa fans are only upset because he's a former Blues manager.

OK so where does he have to finish next season for you to admit he is a good manager? Top 4? Top 6? Top8?

I wish all shit managers could win the League Cup, we would have won it 10 times last year if fans were to be believed when spouting off about Houllier.

They had a ridiculous run of luck.

Look at the goals that won games for them. Even down to the final, they all had a huge element of luck to them.

It still no makes sense why they would go from Houllier to McLeish. It's a complete U-turn.

as was Martinez to McLeish

i also think this shows they never even had a paticular TYPE of manager in mind.

MArtinez and McLeish -whatever you think of their abilities - are almost polar opposites in managerial type of style .

So it all seems it has been a groping in the dark at anything type of manager search.

OK so where does he have to finish next season for you to admit he is a good manager? Top 4? Top 6? Top8?

He's not a good manager though.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing our new formation of 9,0,1 next season.

Made me chuckle.. I'd only seen 8-1-1

I'll tell u what ...whoever we play first game..... it will be chosen as a Live on Sky Sports match....And coverage of Villa will be 24/7 leading up to it.

Maybe that's Randy's plan all along??!!!

Someone told him AVFC just didn't get enough press coverage, after all any publicity is good publiciy chaps!

Well at the moment the plan is working because NO ONE cares that Everton can't even scrape up the dosh for the downpayment for N'Zogbia off Wigan and are rumoured to be selling Arteta amongst others........It's wall to wall protesting Villa fans!!!

So if he finished top 4 with us you would still say he was not a good manager?

Of course I wouldn't, but can you really see that happening?

We all know he fluked that cup win.

He had home ties against MK Dons and Rochdale, also squeaked past Brentford at home with Phillips scoring an injury time equaliser then winning the tie on penalties, then had another home tie against us when we were really shit, Blues then only just progressed after beating bottom of the league West Ham in injury time.

The final, we all know about that, the luckiest of circumstances in which to win.

Everything about him just doesn't suit Villa. How many young players did he bring through at Blues? What style of football did he play? What players could he attract? His scouting system?

All very poor in those aspects.

No but I think he should be judged like any other manager. I think if we are top 7 we would have had a good season and he will have proved he has done well.

I spoke to a Villa fan earlier who said it was not about him being from Blues, it is just that he is an awful manager. I asked him the same question and he answered even if he won the league he is still a shit manager!!! Can you believe that?

if my aunty had bollocks...

He's an awful manager I don't see why people are trying to make out that he's not, he's never even got a sniff on the first 2 1/2 manager threads no one wanted him before it was too late 90% don't want him now

it's admittance that's it's happening and clutching at straws for positives

No but I think he should be judged like any other manager. I think if we are top 7 we would have had a good season and he will have proved he has done well.

I spoke to a Villa fan earlier who said it was not about him being from Blues, it is just that he is an awful manager. I asked him the same question and he answered even if he won the league he is still a shit manager!!! Can you believe that?

yes, because, there is an agenda with the fans.