• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like its going to happen and there is nothing we can do about it so I preparing myself to support our players and give McLeish a chance. He is not to blame for this and by all accounts he's not a bad bloke.

However I have lost most of my respect for Lerner and Faulker and that is where my anger and displeasure will be directed. They are the ones that have **** us, not McLeish.

Could you bring yourself to sing his name?

Ive thought hard and long about this, and i really dont think i could.

If he wins games I'll be singing his name to my television set.

It looks like its going to happen and there is nothing we can do about it so I preparing myself to support our players and give McLeish a chance. He is not to blame for this and by all accounts he's not a bad bloke.

However I have lost most of my respect for Lerner and Faulker and that is where my anger and displeasure will be directed. They are the ones that have **** us, not McLeish.

Could you bring yourself to sing his name?

Ive thought hard and long about this, and i really dont think i could.

Not yet. It will certainly take time but I'm not going to abuse him from day one. He gets a clean slate with me and how we play and what he does with our team will determine what happens.

But as I said Lerner can **** off for this.

Opening paragraph on that piece in Daily Mail...

Alex McLeish was thrashing out the final details of his move to Aston Villa as the club's angry fans protested against his appointment on Wednesday night.

McLeish cut short a holiday in Sardinia to meet chairman Randy Lerner in London on Tuesday in the hope of coming to an agreement today.

Mail

As I said before McCleish was in Sardinia NOT Corsica.

Interestingly tomorrows Mirror now says B'ham City have dropped their complaint to the PL in the light that Alex McCliesh is to pursue a claim for constructive dismissal.

Therefore it sounds like there will be NO compensation to pay for McCleish as he was indeed a free agent.

I just wonder if Pannu is going to get his butt sued for liable and slander for accusing Randy Lerner of tapping up Alex McCleish LIVE ON AIR and in print IIRC!!!

How can you call a manager that finished third in the SPL a good manager?

For **** sake, there's only two teams in it, and he was in charge of one of them!

True tho think he did win more things in Scotland than even MON

Having said that MON never relegated Leicester etc ..nor would i compare the two

I'd say Faulkner is more to blame than Lerner. We all know that Lerner knows little about the game and only really what he has learnt since coming to Villa, he uses Faulkner's advice to guide him in the right direction, so as far as i can see Faulkner is guiding him in completely the WRONG direction!

He is not to blame for this and by all accounts he's not a bad bloke.

Could care less if he is the new Mother Theresa he is a shit manager!!!

How many people have you heard say 'SAF is a really nice bloke' or 'that Mourinho fella's a real saint' ????? I would rather hear 'he's a bit of a cock but a great manager'

I can never understand why people put so much kudos on a manager being 'a really nice bloke' it's irrelevant!!

What you have to remember is Randy is the Yankie version of a public schoolboy born with a silver spoon in his gob!! He is all about jobs for the boys and he puts too much emphasis on getting on with the people who work for him!! Remember Randy doesn't know hardship, he never HAD to work a day in his life, he has never known what it's like to worry about bills and day to day living and he doesn't understand the passion that this beautiful game instills in people! Never will!!

He is not to blame for this and by all accounts he's not a bad bloke.

Could care less if he is the new Mother Theresa he is a shit manager!!!

How many people have you heard say 'SAF is a really nice bloke' or 'that Mourinho fella's a real saint' ????? I would rather hear 'he's a bit of a cock but a great manager'

I can never understand why people put so much kudos on a manager being 'a really nice bloke' it's irrelevant!!

What you have to remember is Randy is the Yankie version of a public schoolboy born with a silver spoon in his gob!! He is all about jobs for the boys and he puts too much emphasis on getting on with the people who work for him!! Remember Randy doesn't know hardship, he never HAD to work a day in his life, he has never known what it's like to worry about bills and day to day living and he doesn't understand the passion that this beautiful game instills in people! Never will!!

totally agree Delboy, I was just trying to say that McLeish should not be made a figure of hate. It's his new bosses that should feel our anger, not the manager until he has demonstrated what kind of football his team are going to play.

**** me, a fairly accurate account

Never knew they had it in 'em! Mcleish at villa, Sun delivering accurate journalism... opposite day? :shock:

Thought similar when I read it earlier.....It's the twilight zone!!

What's more the press are starting to pick up that actually our club maybe not the Villains of the piece (pardon the pun) as we've been made out to be! SHA may come out of all this very badly indeed.

Bit drunk so i dont know how this will sound but anyway...

You know whats really pissed me off today? They fact weve known every moment in whats going on. Why? Well weve herd absolutely nothing before it. Its drawn me to 2 conclusions.

Its either 1;

We've tried and failed with every manager we've attempted to get. We've panicked McCeish has become available and we've just thought he will do. If this is the case, the board are an utter shambles.

Or 2;

McLiesh was tapped up, which quite frankly is even more embarrassing than the 1st option and the board are a shambles.

I dont know why they have just decided to shit in our face like this. Is it desperation??? Or stupidity???

As a foreign Villan I am by no means begrudging anyone the right to vent their feelings. While perhaps I don't share those feelings to anywhere near the extent of some of you I can certainly understand how betrayed and angry many of you are. I feel really hollow at the moment, somewhat depressed, & I can only imagine the anger & grief some of you are feeling who are Villa born & bred.

For me, it's just a sense of disbelief, having gone from a feeling of smug, self-satisfaction that the next appointment would send shockwaves through the Premiership to absolute disbelief that Randy seems intent on making a decision that could bring the club to its knees.

The only thing I can think of is that Randy and Faulkner have panicked, big-time. If we are to believe that AM was not tapped up, we must accept that he was not originally a candidate and, within the original shortlist, we have missed out on or crossed off all of our options. In this, I believe, Villa fans must take some responsibility. You would think from Randy's perspective that towards the end MON was getting booed, people were getting on Houllier's back and then, via our very own VT and similar communities, there was an uproar about Steve McLaren, who in my mind, while a tad embarrassing, would have been a good choice, Randy must have increasingly felt that the fans would complain no matter what he did, so he was no longer going to listen to the fans. Here is our result. Randy is clearly only listening to his so-called experts and those with vested interested in the appointments (looking after our mates), and for my mind, making a fatal mistake. Because there is a difference between the vocal online community plus a few boo-boys in the terraces, and the vast majority of the club's support base, which is clearly against this appointment.

It is such an incredibly mystifying call, it beggars belief.

Having said that, once the appointment is made, we have one of two choices:

1. Opt out & stay away until changes are made to our satisfaction, which could be a long time coming; or

2. Grin & bear it, support the lads and the manager and hope like hell that things work out.

I don't have the right to judge anyone on the choices they make, but I hope enough people choose the 2nd option because, even if we have no faith in the board or the manager there will be players out on the park who are Villa through and through, like Marc, Gabby, Ciaran, Gary & Nathan - who will be out there busting their arses for this club.

THEY at least deserve our respect & support.

Bit drunk so i dont know how this will sound but anyway...

You know whats really pissed me off today? They fact weve known every moment in whats going on. Why? Well weve herd absolutely nothing before it. Its drawn me to 2 conclusions.

Its either 1;

We've tried and failed with every manager we've attempted to get. We've panicked McCeish has become available and we've just thought he will do. If this is the case, the board are an utter shambles.

Or 2;

McLiesh was tapped up, which quite frankly is even more embarrassing than the 1st option and the board are a shambles.

I dont know why they have just decided to shit in our face like this. Is it desperation??? Or stupidity???

Have we even interviewed anyone else??? The silence is deafening.

Dear General,

I remember you once saying that Aston Villa football club was about that fans that comprise it, and that Randy saw himself more as a curator than an owner.

Does he still believe that he is curating the football club for the fans, or is he now doing it for himself?

You need not answer should you not wish. I hope to be reassured by the club statement tomorrow.

Dear General,

I remember you once saying that Aston Villa football club was about that fans that comprise it, and that Randy saw himself more as a curator than an owner.

Does he still believe that he is curating the football club for the fans, or is he now doing it for himself?

You need not answer should you not wish. I hope to be reassured by the club statement tomorrow.

Wrong thread, copy paste it in there.

I'm starting to think the media accounts were accurate after all - spoke to Benitez who declined the job, called off McLaren talks and didn't get to first base with Martinez. I can also accept that they made a play for Moyes & Ancelotti and were rebuffed.

The Mark Hughes situation is the puzzler. I don't buy this moral indignation issue with him & surely if it was true Lerner would rather have Al Fayed pissed off with him than a majority of fans.

I'd guess that at this point, Lerner would have had the option of changing his criteria or looking for the next level of manager & it's quite possible that McLeish simply fell into his lap, sadly enough.