• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

A lot of people are changing their minds about AM already...good to see...we'll have to accept him for the sake of our club.

If he's a success it'll piss of the bluenoses big time

Thats actually a very good point! Imagine that moment in time when they realized that with the exact same manager they had, having treated him properly unlike their panel of comedians, we achieved success & played some attractive stuff too? It would be absolutely undeniable proof of the gulf between the two clubs... Lets hope hey?!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget that AM is coming from Blues etc, I think we should all get behind him regardless..and here's why...

1) He has won a trophy in the last year, something which Arsen Wenger cannot say.

2) He is proven and tbh, he got blues relegated because they are shite and built on sail on the mayonnaise sea owners.

BUT

3) More importantly, we are in an awkward position at the moment, our options aren't great, and we could be faced with scenario of four different managers in four seasons if AM isn't given support. He is a good manager, and a decent, honest man. I for one, won't hold it against Lerner for trying to appoint the best manager of a bad bunch left, given that everyone else seemingly sees Villa as undesirable.

4) Let's be honest, all the stuff on SSN is making us look a bit shit, which is the last thing the club needs when we are trying to attract high flyers!

thats the worrying thing though. I can't remember a better time to be recruiting a manager .....

Hughes

Jol

Benitez

Ancelotti

All unemployed !

Thats what makes me so sad - a top notch manager almost fell into our lap.........yet we end up with a guy who have 3 seasons in the PL - 2 of which have ended in relegation ..............you couldn't script it !

I'm sorry, but can I ask why the **** our options aren't great? That's a piss poor excuse.

Ancelotti - No

Benitez - No

Martinez ffs - No

Moyes - No

Hughes - seemingly wants top 4/6

your right, our options are amazing, bring on Billy Davies and Chris Hughton! :bang:

Flores, Rijkaard, Van Gaal....

Oh that's right, they were limiting themselves to Premier League experience people and chose a guy who relegated a team twice in three seasons in the Premier League. Dumb ****. Even Hughton, Di Matteo would have better because they were sacked without a full season in the PL and showed potential.

It's great that he's a lovely, honest decent guy with balls of steel, however is he any GOOD?

Problem is so is Randy Lerner an honest decent guy so yes Pat Murphy is correct, they are a good fit.... problem is the rest of the football world isn't..... nor much of the press.

and unlike the 9 years David Moyes has had at Goodison... this guy won't get 5 minutes before the fans are on his back.

I read a tweet off a Liverpool supporter earlier. "How can these so called Fans have booed Houlier before he'd even had chance of a transfer window?"

How indeed?!!!

I am minded of the appalling things that were posted on VT about Gerard Houlier when he nearly died in April, when we were waiting to see what would happen to him....I think I did post at the time.

Be careful of what you wish for next time!!

I find it laugable that people are going on about his "big Balls " and "guts to take the role" ????????? the guy is a useless manager end of !

This is the beggining of very bad times ahead if he is appointed and I really do believe that Randy could be looking to sell up in the near future as NO fan (as he calls himself ) would appoint McCrap !!!

The Mirror are saying we turned down Sanchez Flores

If that's true, then that rates as one of the biggest **** ups of all time...........and we get Mcleish brilliant!

apparently he would have brought along Pako Ayestaran who was Rafas no2 at liverpool when he was actually good there. as soon as rafa fell out with him and he left it all went downhill for him at liverpool. meant to be a top no. 2

also for once in a mirror article it actually has quotes, although they are from a "friend" of Sanchez Flores so i guess you have to take them with a pinch of salt.

still, if we did have the opportunity to get him and we have chosen Mcleish just because he has premier league experience...

Couldn't we have tapped up Mick McCarthy instead?

748 pages and that makes me have a little think, proper manager gets the best out of limited players and tiny budget, just like AM.

Aston Villa should have a sizeable queue of good managers expressing an interest in the managerial vacancy.

If this is the case then why are we interviewing McLeish?

If this is not the case then what is keeping them away?

Something is not quite right at VP.

He spent twice as much as everyone around him and still sent the scum down and in Scotland managed to finish 3rd in a two horse race.

Sure, come along, park the bus against Norwich, we could do with being one goal better off defensively due to your anti-football.

Balls? Please, he's on a complete winner here. The board are going to under monumental pressure

to sack him and he walks all the way to the bank a few months in...

after of course we have written out ANOTHER big fat cheque.

2h30fwk.jpg

it's pathetic that people are now trying to pretend McLeish is not a shocking appointment. It is, he's a rubbish manager and we have gone further backwards. I'm sick of this board. Totally lost all faith in Lerner.

It's great that he's a lovely, honest decent guy with balls of steel, however is he any GOOD?
You can't sniff at his credentials. On that basis alone, he deserved a meeting. At the end of the day it's a job interview, and with his CV McLeish would have every right to feel aggrieved if Villa hadn't called him to have talks (just as Steve McLaren has every right to feel aggrieved).

What credentials?

Oh sorry I forgot, 2 relegations and a shit brand of football!

I'm not saying he deserves to be given the job based on his credentials, but did deserve an interview! Winner of the SPL and Scottish Cup with Rangers, manager of the Scotland team that beat France in a Euro 2008 qualifier in Paris, etc.

I'm sorry, but can I ask why the **** our options aren't great? That's a piss poor excuse.

Ancelotti - No

Benitez - No

Martinez ffs - No

Moyes - No

Hughes - seemingly wants top 4/6

your right, our options are amazing, bring on Billy Davies and Chris Hughton! :bang:

Flores, Rijkaard, Van Gaal....

Oh that's right, they were limiting themselves to Premier League experience people and chose a guy who relegated a team twice in three seasons in the Premier League. Dumb ****. Even Hughton, Di Matteo would have better because they were sacked without a full season in the PL and showed potential.

Actually, i have changed my mind, let's cause a massive uproar, throw eggs at the Holte End! **** it, let's try and get nobody to turn up to games. ...because that will really help Aston Villa FC in the long run! I will be the first to admit McLeish wasn't my first, second or third choice! But if he is the manager, it would benefit all parties to at least give the guy a chance

This is the beggining of very bad times ahead if he is appointed !!!

The beginning ?!!!!

So do we just pretend last season didn't happen ? A season where we were drab and played stodgy, ineffective crab-football that left Blues above us for most of the season and very nearly got us relegated ?

Get real - Villa can't get much worse than they were most of last season !

Alot of people are changing their minds because the reality of this shocker is setting in. Time to bring out the self-delusions that he is not such a bad manager after all, and he got Hibs playing like Barcelona!

Do me a favour would you, yea i'm sure Randy will bring him in his offce and say 'Hey Alex, we've had some complaints at the atrocious football you install, d'ya think you could make em play a little more attacking... you know.. change your entire approach as a manager etc etc.'

Speechless at the drivel here, don't give up just yet and start thinking this guy is the best we can get.