• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

BBC

Birmingham City have refused to accept Alex McLeish's resignation as manager and are seeking financial compensation, BBC Sport understands.

The Scot has been linked with a move to Aston Villa but Blues have received no official approach from Villa Park.

Good news on two fronts!!!!

The bit in bold should dispel all doom merchants that we're in for him!!!!

I think it's common knowledge, we conduct our business in the correct manner, therefore McLeish has not resigned because we're in for him!!!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH I'm a bit 'surprised and disappointed' at what Taylor has said. He obviously has about as much clue as to what's going on as the rest of us. I can't see what he's going to gain by having a pop at his former employers, other than a cheap bit of press for himself. He's gone even further down in my estimations and has displayed a distinct lack of class and professionalism.

http://dlvr.it/W8QkG

Latest from MM

I was feeling pretty shit from the moment on Sat night we had wind of the McCleish story ( I should have known better ) until I got a call around 10.50 pm last night and now things are looking a lot lot better . General Krulack wasn't in the Marines for nothing an expert on divertionary tactics which are coming in handy at the moment as our lads sit in the trenches waiting for the call to go over the top.

I smell bullshit

This MM strikes me as an attention seeker and far from ITK

do some research then

people like you are the reason he doesnt post here any more

Having only become aware of MM's disappearance in the past week I find it strange.

People will always question what you post on a forum like this, so if you are of the sensitive disposition, probably better not to post anywhere.

Plenty of people question me, but that's up to them, it certainly doesn't cause me any distress.

Sparky for Villa!

Only just caught on myself that MM stopped posting but agree, its pricky posters who are jelous they dont have the same info and berate them. If you did your research you will see that you are just one of many who MM made look stupid when his info came true.

No he didn't always mention names of players and as a real source he wasn't going to let people know who they were but most of us got a bit of hope out of what he says was happening or what were were attempting.

Evertonian in peace here.

Whilst I'd hate for us to lose Moyes I can understand that a lot of people on here would want him as the next Villa manager.

I would just like to underline a few facts:

This table coincides with DM's arrival minus one year (the second one):

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

If you add the fact that EFC's financial restraints have meant a wage structure significantly lower than our peers I think it's safe to say DM has made the most of what he has had.

Although impressive, DM has at many times not been cherished by Evertonians. Firstly his tactics and in-game changes have at times been rigid to the point where it almost became a laughing point. A lot of his changes and bleeding of youth has come off by having his hand forced by injuries and a wafer-thin squad at times.

Secondly his record against the old top-4 has been abysmal - especially away. At times it seems we just bend over.

Both these points has improved in the last couple of seasons, but instead we have picked up a habit of giving away points (home and away) against lesser opposition.

Everton 2011 is Moyes' project, and for that reason alone it would be catastrophic for us to lose him.

Whether it would be a loss for Villa not getting him is a different kettle of fish; I'm not so sure.

Whats the gossip up there, regarding Moyes?

judging by some of the boards ive looked around they think its laughable and purely down to twitter

im also pretty shocked at how many everton fans consider themselves a bigger club than villa, id say there arent 2 clubs as identical as villa and everton anywhere in english football and would throw in my favourite football stat (the one where we are the most played game yet there is only something 2 more villa wins and 3 goals difference) the move by moyes would be as sideways as it gets IMO

We should just go all out for Rijkaard now so i can claim my £200+

I really do hope you are £200 richer soon!

I know people say he doesn't seem like the right fit but he'd put a bit of excitement back into VP. If its true that he's interested (I know that may not really be the case) I really can't see why we wouldn't at least interview him.

TBH I'm a bit 'surprised and disappointed' at what Taylor has said. He obviously has about as much clue as to what's going on as the rest of us. I can't see what he's going to gain by having a pop at his former employers, other than a cheap bit of press for himself. He's gone even further down in my estimations and has displayed a distinct lack of class and professionalism.

http://dlvr.it/W8QkG

Hes only saying what a lot of us think.

All that report shows, is that he knows just as much as us. I dont think ive never known a club that can keep things out of view of the media aswell as us 8)

Almost 500 pages and we still have no idea whatsoever!!!

That's just for Part 3 too! How many pages altogether, over 1000 I should think

Whilst I'd hate for us to lose Moyes I can understand that a lot of people on here would want him as the next Villa manager.

If you add the fact that EFC's financial restraints have meant a wage structure significantly lower than our peers I think it's safe to say DM has made the most of what he has had.

Although impressive, DM has at many times not been cherished by Evertonians. Firstly his tactics and in-game changes have at times been rigid to the point where it almost became a laughing point. A lot of his changes and bleeding of youth has come off by having his hand forced by injuries and a wafer-thin squad at times.

Secondly his record against the old top-4 has been abysmal - especially away. At times it seems we just bend over.

Both these points has improved in the last couple of seasons, but instead we have picked up a habit of giving away points (home and away) against lesser opposition.

Everton 2011 is Moyes' project, and for that reason alone it would be catastrophic for us to lose him.

Whether it would be a loss for Villa not getting him is a different kettle of fish; I'm not so sure.

Well, there's 4 credible ITK's that I know of (Sheedy, THT, LCAB and shorty), and 3 of them agree that DM is staying put. The last one is silent.

Apart from that it's all TalkSport, Twitter and rubbish as usual.

We don't have to pay attention to incoming transfer rumours, and there's not really any strong ones linking our better players away, so I guess the topic of this thread gets it's fair amount of attention (as I'm just proving...)

This is mental. I thought Taylor was a club ambassador and he shouts his mouth off, now some geezer is saying we're after Gollumway. I want to read all this stuff with Benny Hill music in the background....

I thought Ian Taylor was club abassador not Graham?

EDIT: Oops you've already been told, things move fast!

"It just doesn't appear to have been thought through and for the first time the ownership of the club is coming under severe criticism.

"When Gerard became ill it must have occurred to them that he may not come back, even if the signs were that he may have returned.

"This is not being disrespectful to Gerard in any way, but once he became unwell then you have to immediately start exploring what you might do if he does not come back.

"It doesn't appear to me and many others that this has been done. They seem to be going from name to name.

"Villa don't seem to have grasped that nettle at all. It is disappointing. I still live in the area and have a special feeling for them as you always do about clubs you have managed, but I have been surprised and disappointed at their handling of this."

So GT, you're speaking from a position of pure ignorance as well? Nice work McNulty..

Almost 500 pages and we still have no idea whatsoever!!!

That's just for Part 3 too! How many pages altogether, over 1000 I should think

That's around 15,000 posts worth of content and we still have no feckin clue what's going on! Got to be said, Lerner and co. can't half keep a secret!!

judging by some of the boards ive looked around they think its laughable and purely down to twitter

im also pretty shocked at how many everton fans consider themselves a bigger club than villa, id say there arent 2 clubs as identical as villa and everton anywhere in english football and would throw in my favourite football stat (the one where we are the most played game yet there is only something 2 more villa wins and 3 goals difference) the move by moyes would be as sideways as it gets IMO

That my opinion aswell.

I think for us to prise Moyes away, we will need to offer him quite a sizable kitty.

Twiitter should be banned :lol:

Thank you for your patience gentlemen, and welcome to this afternoon's press conference. Apologies for the late start, but I'm sure you're aware that there have been some delicate negotiations going on, and these things take some time.

Before making any announcements I'd like to thank all the local caterers for their generosity with their time. As you can imagine, there were a number of candidates keen to apply for the very desirable post of my lunch. I am aware that there were several rumours circulating about whether I would go for some exotic foreign name, with the hint of glamour that inevitably accompanies it.

In the end, after much deliberation, I decided that now is not the time to be taking risks with my digestive system, and in the end had little hesitation in opting for a tried and tested candidate.

So, without further ado, I would like to announce that my choice of lunch was:

Cornish pasty, caramel shortbread and a cup of coffee.

I'm sure you will agree that they now need to be left alone to get on with their job. We will not be taking questions at this time.

Thank you.