• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I dont get why we didn't just give Rafa the 30 odd mill he wanted. We are getting almost 20m off Youngy.

I thought he demanded £60M ? Suppose we'll never know, but I think it was the stage at which he made his demands that turned the board off.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your patience gentlemen, and welcome to this afternoon's press conference. Apologies for the late start, but I'm sure you're aware that there have been some delicate negotiations going on, and these things take some time.

Before making any announcements I'd like to thank all the local caterers for their generosity with their time. As you can imagine, there were a number of candidates keen to apply for the very desirable post of my lunch. I am aware that there were several rumours circulating about whether I would go for some exotic foreign name, with the hint of glamour that inevitably accompanies it.

In the end, after much deliberation, I decided that now is not the time to be taking risks with my digestive system, and in the end had little hesitation in opting for a tried and tested candidate.

So, without further ado, I would like to announce that my choice of lunch was:

Cornish pasty, caramel shortbread and a cup of coffee.

I'm sure you will agree that they now need to be left alone to get on with their job. We will not be taking questions at this time.

Thank you.

WTF!! Didn't see this one coming. Caramel shortbread not crips!

Almost 500 pages and we still have no idea whatsoever!!!

That's just for Part 3 too! How many pages altogether, over 1000 I should think

That's around 15,000 posts worth of content and we still have no feckin clue what's going on! Got to be said, Lerner and co. can't half keep a secret!!

5,000 speaking in outrage of a link to a manager (McClaren, Martinez, etc)

2,000 asking about Mysteryman

2,000 general banter

500 other fans

2,000 posts off topic

500 Admins/Mods telling us off for going off topic

3,000 trolls.

Thank you for your patience gentlemen, and welcome to this afternoon's press conference. Apologies for the late start, but I'm sure you're aware that there have been some delicate negotiations going on, and these things take some time.

Before making any announcements I'd like to thank all the local caterers for their generosity with their time. As you can imagine, there were a number of candidates keen to apply for the very desirable post of my lunch. I am aware that there were several rumours circulating about whether I would go for some exotic foreign name, with the hint of glamour that inevitably accompanies it.

In the end, after much deliberation, I decided that now is not the time to be taking risks with my digestive system, and in the end had little hesitation in opting for a tried and tested candidate.

I'm sure you will agree that they now need to be left alone to get on with their job. We will not be taking questions at this time.

Thank you.

Obvious lack of ambition, sack the board.

An ambitious board would have had jacket potato with vietmanese beef and a piece of tottenham cake from gregs after...like me ;)

Not sure if this was previously mentioned, but on SSN news the reporter outside the Sty mentioned that McLeish was currently on holiday around........ Corsica. Make of that what you will. Hopefully just a co-incidence, much like the entirety of the film Crash!

Not sure if this was previously mentioned, but on SSN news the reporter outside the Sty mentioned that McLeish was currently on holiday around........ Corsica. Make of that what you will. Hopefully just a co-incidence, much like the entirety of the film Crash!

GH has a house in Corsica. I reckon RL's plane going there was him just providing a recovering GH a hassle free lift home. Pure coincidence.

Well that just tells me that we are not interested in him.

Otherwise, the triads would be hauling us into court.

I can now sleep more soundly :lol:

Thank you.

Obvious lack of ambition, sack the board.

An ambitious board would have had jacket potato with vietmanese beef and a piece of tottenham cake from gregs after...like me ;)

Sources close to Carlo Ancelotti said he **** loved Jacket Potatoes in his time in England................................coincedence????

GH has a house in Corsica. I reckon RL's plane going there was him just providing a recovering GH a hassle free lift home. Pure coincidence.

I'm going to take that as gospel, because I really do want that to be the case!!

Thank you.

Absolutely typical.

The reticence that preceded the announcement allowed space for such a hotbed of speculation (also fuelled by apparent ITKs such as Mr Plums) that some of us were conjuring up all sorts of menus from caviar and champagne to an exotic mix of italian cured meats washed down with a pint of Fuller's.

The lack of ambition shown in your eventual choice has now made all of us dreamers look rather daft; we can only surmise that you don't aspire to moving up to a seat at the top of the table and instead are satisfied with mid dining table mediocrity.

Out with the (cheese) board.