• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on good authority that Paul Merson is currently smashed out of his skull on holiday in Madiera & is telling anyone who will listen that it's MARK HUGHES......DONE DEAL & he has personally lumped on £5000. Confident or what?

Taking gambling tips from Paul Merson is about the least smart thing anyone can ever do.

"I have it on good authority that Paul Merson is currently smashed out of his skull on holiday in Madiera & is telling anyone who will listen that it's MARK HUGHES......DONE DEAL & he has personally lumped on £5000. Confident or what?"

I have it on good authority that this is bollocks.

I concur with your source Eames, maybe we have the same source?

A number of points.

- I believe Merse is actually in London at the moment.

- Find me a bookie who'll take £5k on something which was so close to being evens.

"I have it on good authority that Paul Merson is currently smashed out of his skull on holiday in Madiera & is telling anyone who will listen that it's MARK HUGHES......DONE DEAL & he has personally lumped on £5000. Confident or what?"

I have it on good authority that this is bollocks.

I concur with your source Eames, maybe we have the same source?

A number of points.

- I believe Merse is actually in London at the moment.

- Find me a bookie who'll take £5k on something which was so close to being evens.

:thumb: It would appear we do Gaz.

BTW, I love your avatar, but it makes my eyes go queer.

Just found this for what it's worth

From GK

LINK: http://tinyurl.com/6bo39er

Randy Lerner’s right-hand man has claimed the search for Villa’s new manager is “not as simple as ordering a balti pie” and vowed not bow to the wishes of supporters.

The claret and blues are facing a backlash from fans over the potential appointment of former Birmingham manager Alex McLeish, following his shock resignation yesterday.

But Villa non-executive director general Charles Krulak explained that the club would select their new man based on his ability as manager and ignore other factors.

Krulak said: “We will not react to the nonsense that is printed in the media and we will not seek a manager who simply gets a thumbs-up from the fans.

“We will get the very best man for the job in our opinion and in the opinion of those who assist in the decision process. Once we get our man, we will give him all the support he needs.

“We have the old complaint of ‘dithering’ as if choosing and obtaining a manager was a simple as going to Marks & Spencer and ordering a balti pie.

“Randy has never failed to support his manager. I know it is a waste of my time to ask for patience and calmness over the next week or two but, be patient, it will get done.”

Krulak also admitted on fans’ internet message board Villa Talk that the club will go through a proper analytical process and take several factors into account before they install the new man into the job.

He added: “A great many things go into the equation – advice from people in the business, discussions with agents and people with access, research on everything from record of success to connectivity with the players in the dressing room, to effective use of personnel to compatibility with owner and people at the club, to many, many, other things.

“To some fans it seems like just a simple act and more importantly, a signal about ambition.

“As if one manager sends a bigger ambition or signal than another but fans forget about whether that manager fits with the club.”

Appears to be based on old comments for the General?

Board is obviously clueless, they dont sell balti pies at Marks and Spencers.

i have it from a reliable source that McLeish resigned because the chairman ate his dog

I dunno why but that really made me laugh

top that off with a pic of dead man's shoes and that makes you a total legend in my eyes !!

people like you are the reason he doesnt post here any more

which is a pity so we have to go & read what he's says on another forum!

A forum I left BTW because of all the nastiness & bickering IIRC when VT was set up

H&V is one nasty looking forum btw....

Full of people who never actually go down the Villa and take themselves far too seriously

The more this goes on the more it's all looking like stalling for Hughes.. It appears all that BS about Moyes, emergency meetings at Everton etc etc is just that ...BS!

For me it's out of

1.Hughes

2. McCleish

in that order.

Have to say it quite hilarious to see how Sha are behaving in similar fashion to their knuckle dragging supporters. What was it? .. oh yeah " i do not take being pushed around" he is a traitor & we will deal with him & anyone else involved" or words to that effect :lol:

Translated means "We are a bunch of bully's & you crossed us so we are gonna do ya! & ya mates"

It really is right down to the core at that place is it not!

Anyways GT has point with regards to we need to get a flippin move on... Have you seen the state of the squad? :shock: We need half a 1st team & 2nd team. What with Young off, Carew gone, Warnock apparently off, Kyle Walker gone or going back to Spurs, Reo Coker gone Downing doubtfull etc etc

All the other clubs are already making moves & we havn't even started looking yet! Not quite panicking yet but we need to act very soon for me.