• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not believe any of the bollocks in the press or Talksport and remain sane.

Our owner is no fool and will sort this out.

This man speaks sense. The amount of media claptrap generated over the last week has been embarrassing (for the media).

Thank you for your patience gentlemen, and welcome to this afternoon's press conference. Apologies for the late start, but I'm sure you're aware that there have been some delicate negotiations going on, and these things take some time.

Before making any announcements I'd like to thank all the local caterers for their generosity with their time. As you can imagine, there were a number of candidates keen to apply for the very desirable post of my lunch. I am aware that there were several rumours circulating about whether I would go for some exotic foreign name, with the hint of glamour that inevitably accompanies it.

In the end, after much deliberation, I decided that now is not the time to be taking risks with my digestive system, and in the end had little hesitation in opting for a tried and tested candidate.

So, without further ado, I would like to announce that my choice of lunch was:

Cornish pasty, caramel shortbread and a cup of coffee.

I'm sure you will agree that they now need to be left alone to get on with their job. We will not be taking questions at this time.

Thank you.

Absolutely typical.

The reticence that preceded the announcement allowed space for such a hotbed of speculation (also fuelled by apparent ITKs such as Mr Plums) that some of us were conjuring up all sorts of menus from caviar and champagne to an exotic mix of italian cured meats washed down with a pint of Fuller's.

The lack of ambition shown in your eventual choice has now made all of us dreamers look rather daft; we can only surmise that you don't aspire to moving up to a seat at the top of the table and instead are satisfied with mid dining table mediocrity.

Out with the (cheese) board.

ITPONT (in the packet on the table)

Thank you for your patience gentlemen, and welcome to this afternoon's press conference. Apologies for the late start, but I'm sure you're aware that there have been some delicate negotiations going on, and these things take some time.

Before making any announcements I'd like to thank all the local caterers for their generosity with their time. As you can imagine, there were a number of candidates keen to apply for the very desirable post of my lunch. I am aware that there were several rumours circulating about whether I would go for some exotic foreign name, with the hint of glamour that inevitably accompanies it.

In the end, after much deliberation, I decided that now is not the time to be taking risks with my digestive system, and in the end had little hesitation in opting for a tried and tested candidate.

I'm sure you will agree that they now need to be left alone to get on with their job. We will not be taking questions at this time.

Thank you.

Absolutely typical.

The reticence that preceded the announcement allowed space for such a hotbed of speculation (also fuelled by apparent ITKs such as Mr Plums) that some of us were conjuring up all sorts of menus from caviar and champagne to an exotic mix of italian cured meats washed down with a pint of Fuller's.

The lack of ambition shown in your eventual choice has now made all of us dreamers look rather daft; we can only surmise that you don't aspire to moving up to a seat at the top of the table and instead are satisfied with mid dining table mediocrity.

Cornish pasty? Just a poor mans steak and kidney. Now if you'd gone for Balti Pie - that would have been a statement...

Almost 500 pages and we still have no idea whatsoever!!!

That's just for Part 3 too! How many pages altogether, over 1000 I should think

The 3 threads = over 1m views.

Wonder what that equates to in total F5 clicks, what is the life expectancy of the F5 key...

Can anyone give me any occasions TalkSport have been wrong or given false intelligence? I WANT MOYES.

TalkSport are wrong about stuff every single day of the week. It's not worth paying a blind bit of notice to what they say.

13 days since Houllier's Resignation confirmed..... the board have know about this situation for a good deal longer than this.....

Meaningless holding statement from Paul Faulkner

Usual 'We're not conducting our business in public' abd 'you've got to trust ' rhetoric from the General

Talk (albeit papertalk and Sky BS) that we are after McLeish.....

No news on Sponsors

No news of the new kit

I'm beginning to get bored of this

Agent Lerner anyone.....

Thank you.

Absolutely typical.

With the new UEFA rules being brought in regarding spending within your means and the strict dietry regime instigated by the Chairman (AKA The Wife) I had to sign a Boots Shapers Prawn Mayo with Snack a Jacks and Diet Coke. May not be the marquee manager we were all looking for but I hope that it the long term it brings benefits to my waistline.

My prediction of mjmooney's lunch choice was admittedly wrong. Shoot me down if you like but I am still ITK.

The Cornish Pasty/Shortbread combo is only a short term appointment - a four hour contract infact.

Spag Bol will be the long term choice, announced at 7pm (by Mrs Mooney shouting "dinner's ready Mike!".

There are 4 chairs. Expect Meltdown as cheese is selected up top.

13 days since Houllier's Resignation confirmed..... the board have know about this situation for a good deal longer than this.....

Meaningless holding statement from Paul Faulkner

Usual 'We're not conducting our business in public' abd 'you've got to trust ' rhetoric from the General

Talk (albeit papertalk and Sky BS) that we are after McLeish.....

No news on Sponsors

No news of the new kit

I'm beginning to get bored of this

Agent Lerner anyone.....

13 days ago they parted company with GH over ongoing health concerns. Before that point, they were waiting for test results to show conclusively whether GH was capable of returning to work.

So, prior to those test results what do you think they should have done?

- Plan for the possibility that GH couldn't return? I reckon they did this planning.

- Begin approaching clubs/managers behind the back of a seriously ill Houllier? Remember when Spurs did the dirty on Jol? Remember how everyone thought that it was scandalous way for an employer to treat an employee? Now imagine the reaction (press and yours) if they had done that to Houllier? They might well have set back his recovery if they had gone down that road and it had become public knowledge. Add in the fact that RL and GH have, by all accounts, and excellent personal relationship. That was NEVER going to be the way the club acted in this situation.

Add in the PL arbitration that the club was involved in over MON's departure. It should hardly be a surprise that the club wanted to box off the MON case and GH's departure before putting into action any plans they had for appointing a new manager.

It's been 13 days since GH left. 13 days at the end of a football season - a time when it seems all of football in is the Bahamas.

Why is everyone surprised that, with 3 weeks to go before pre-season training, Villa are going about their business in a calm, calculated and professional manner?

Any unprofessional-ism in this situation is on the part of the media, not the club.

Can anyone give me any occasions TalkSport have been wrong or given false intelligence? I WANT MOYES.

Try about 15 times every day of every single week, so far they've been wrong about Villa at least ten times in the last two weeks

bah, I give up, why on earth do people listen to it is beyond my comprehension.

Keep phoning the **** at £1:50 a minute, they'll love you

Thank you.

What do you mean "not taking questions"

A pasty is a pasty

BUT

Caramel Shortbread is also known as MILLIONAIRES SHORTBREAD

Comment must be made Mr. Mooney or gossip will start