• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to post who I think we are in for because it is not definate and I am not going to cock things up either by speculating when it could be very close .

'Im not going to post who i think we're in for'

So basically an admission that hes guessing.

*puts tin hat on*

Knowing who is going to get it is completely different to knowing who is definitely not going to get it.

Do people think there is a chance we have already signed someone up? And all the secrecy is because we are working on a deal for a player too? That the new manager requested and we will have a double unveiling? LOL would be amazing!

Er, No.

I dont get why we didn't just give Rafa the 30 odd mill he wanted. We are getting almost 20m off Youngy.

Sorry Andy but as a long term poster on here I am shocked that you even believe that story considering that nothing has been confimed from Villa that we spoke to him? Do you really think we wont get to spend the Young Money? Has Raf came out and said this?

H&V is one nasty looking forum btw....

Hence I don't like having to cross over to the Dark Side!!

I don't like the look of the site but that could be because I'm used to this one and more familiar with the people... :)

Do people think there is a chance we have already signed someone up? And all the secrecy is because we are working on a deal for a player too? That the new manager requested and we will have a double unveiling? LOL would be amazing!

No.

No from me too. I think you must have had a couple too many at lunchtime :D

I see Phil McNulty has written a pretty insidious article on the BBC Footy website quoting Graham Taylor's "surprise and dissapointment" at how the Board have gone about their business??

WHAT?!!

First, cheap journalism Phil - quoting GT and offering nothing yourself. But I assume by your silence and lack of counter that you must have an agenda here? Maybe you no longer get an inside line at VP?

Secondly, whilst the fans are as interested and frustrated with the appointment process, its only about 10 days since GH quit. Villa have not been shooting off in the press and have maintained a dignified silence, and its only co-incidence that Hughes & McLeish have quit. The press got hold of a story that McLaren was not being interviewed for the position, which McLaren denied - not Villa's doing. Martinez was asked for an interview via the correct channels which was turned down. Rafa may have been interviewed but who knows? Just because no one is saying anything why get so uptight, its a VERY important appointment after last season.

Why are Chelsea not getting the shit we are getting?

It feels as though the media are just trying to bully us. 'What, you wont tell us anything? Fine, we'll just slate you and make up unfounded rumours!'

We kind of leave ourselves open to it, which i hope to god is intentional.

Give people the impression you dont know what your doing, whilst privatley working on things that will make them look stupid, once you do announce it 8)

I am not going to post who I think we are in for because it is not definate and I am not going to cock things up either by speculating when it could be very close .

'Im not going to post who i think we're in for'

So basically an admission that hes guessing.

*puts tin hat on*

Knowing who is going to get it is completely different to knowing who is definitely not going to get it.

Well...im glad you cleared that one up!!

Evertonian in peace here.

Whilst I'd hate for us to lose Moyes I can understand that a lot of people on here would want him as the next Villa manager.

I would just like to underline a few facts:

This table coincides with DM's arrival minus one year (the second one):

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

If you add the fact that EFC's financial restraints have meant a wage structure significantly lower than our peers I think it's safe to say DM has made the most of what he has had.

Although impressive, DM has at many times not been cherished by Evertonians. Firstly his tactics and in-game changes have at times been rigid to the point where it almost became a laughing point. A lot of his changes and bleeding of youth has come off by having his hand forced by injuries and a wafer-thin squad at times.

Secondly his record against the old top-4 has been abysmal - especially away. At times it seems we just bend over.

Both these points has improved in the last couple of seasons, but instead we have picked up a habit of giving away points (home and away) against lesser opposition.

Everton 2011 is Moyes' project, and for that reason alone it would be catastrophic for us to lose him.

Whether it would be a loss for Villa not getting him is a different kettle of fish; I'm not so sure.

Im with Julie B here - I think it's a real shame that great posters such as MM are driven away. I used to really look out for his posts. Come back MM :cry:

Evertonian in peace here.

Whilst I'd hate for us to lose Moyes I can understand that a lot of people on here would want him as the next Villa manager.

I would just like to underline a few facts:

This table coincides with DM's arrival minus one year (the second one):

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

If you add the fact that EFC's financial restraints have meant a wage structure significantly lower than our peers I think it's safe to say DM has made the most of what he has had.

Although impressive, DM has at many times not been cherished by Evertonians. Firstly his tactics and in-game changes have at times been rigid to the point where it almost became a laughing point. A lot of his changes and bleeding of youth has come off by having his hand forced by injuries and a wafer-thin squad at times.

Secondly his record against the old top-4 has been abysmal - especially away. At times it seems we just bend over.

Both these points has improved in the last couple of seasons, but instead we have picked up a habit of giving away points (home and away) against lesser opposition.

Everton 2011 is Moyes' project, and for that reason alone it would be catastrophic for us to lose him.

Whether it would be a loss for Villa not getting him is a different kettle of fish; I'm not so sure.

Whats the gossip up there, regarding Moyes?