• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I dont get why we didn't just give Rafa the 30 odd mill he wanted. We are getting almost 20m off Youngy.

I do wonder how people jump to conclusions like this...

How on earth do you know he wanted 30m and we refused?

Has anyone from the club said this?

Well to be honest im just reading it was about that. Even if its 50m, thats only 30m outlay and we can sell half our defence. We do need a new GK,RB,LB,CB,CM. Plus another winger. We need to spend money so rejecting him because he knows this and wanted a budget seems silly.

Give him the cash IMO but set a decent wage structure.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/21/david-moyes-aston-villa-denial?cat=football&type=article

In this interview, yes Pre-GH leaving, he clearly clearly states he is not interested, even if the job became available which everyone knew it was. He goes on to talk about being very happy at Everton despite contstraints. He's said he's not interested in the job once, he doesn't need to say it again.

Show me where Everton have made such a statement? Also you keep saying Moyes stated he isn't going, no doubt you'll point me to something he said in your local rag or something old? Things change in football and i think the sooner you realise that the better, McLeish at the end of the season said he IS staying, guess what he's resigned, Mark Hughes said he was staying guess what he resigned too. Now I'm not saying Moyes, god i'm not even saying he'll be our manager but my point is Villa are in contact with Everton as that's what it's all pointing to in my opinion. I don't want to fall out with you guys but you keep spouting the same rubbish and trying to insinuate Villa are inferior or something that Moyes would turn up his nose at an opportunity, I honestly believe Moyes would want a chance to speak with us whether he gets that is another story and he would need a lot of persuading.

The statement is in the link I posted.

in fairness i have at no point said or insinuated that Villa are in anyway inferior to Everton. We are clubs on very even footing. As i've said elsewhere we both have history, we both have heritage, we both have strong fan bases. There is very little to seperate the teams.

I'm not attempting to spout rubbish. People asked for commetns from Moyes, i've just shown some. As I live in Brum Villa have always been a team close to my thoughts and the fact that you're now linked with our manager is why i'm commenting on it. I think that trying to have discusions between fans is vital for actual truthes to come out. on the Everton fan forums I use there are also Villa fans going on so it works both ways. One Villa poster on BK (Joddy, not sure if they're from here) has made for some interesting debate.

My main assertion is that Everton and Moyes currently have nothing to respond to. There has been no formal interest spoken about. There has been no firm links. Only rumour. If/When a firm approach is made then i'd expect a retort from the club in some manner, but as nothing appears to have happened yet then I don't see why Everton should need to make a statement or why Moyes should interupt his holiday with his family to respond everytime a rumour spouts off on twitter.

On a side note, can anyone tell me why the media are attempting a witch hunt with Villa and calling the job search a "disater" or other stupid over-reactions but nothing is being said about Chelsea's job hunt? Both teams are in the same situation but reading the tabs you'd think that Villa where about to go against the wall. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Can I ask a semi-serious question? What is talkSport's problem with us? Seriously? I mean, they are really taking the piss big time. I know fans always feel vindicated by the press with everything and everyone else fails to see it but they've all got a massive problem with Villa and aren't even bothering to pretend to be partial about it

Serious answer?

They have opened a gold mine this past week of angry Villa fans willing to call in and wait on hold at £1.50 per min to "set the record straight" with their favourite TS presenter.

In short: They are trolling for cash.

pretty much, they hardly ever talk about villa and if the demand wasnt there then they would change the subject

Can I ask a semi-serious question? What is talkSport's problem with us? Seriously? I mean, they are really taking the piss big time. I know fans always feel vindicated by the press with everything and everyone else fails to see it but they've all got a massive problem with Villa and aren't even bothering to pretend to be partial about it

its pretty obvious really.

Villa don't give the press what they want.

They don't do statements, they don't do interviews. They just go about their business.

The media don't like that.

So, they make shit up.

Its also very easy to lay into someone who can't (or won't) fight back.

Just console yourself with the knowledge that the media know bugger all, are making shit up and that the board will do the right thing in their own time.

On a side note, can anyone tell me why the media are attempting a witch hunt with Villa and calling the job search a "disater" or other stupid over-reactions but nothing is being said about Chelsea's job hunt? Both teams are in the same situation but reading the tabs you'd think that Villa where about to go against the wall. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Its pretty much an open secret Hiddink is going to Chelsea its just a matter of sorting out his current job first. As far as the media is concerned the chelsea job is done and dusted whereas villa is a free for all right now with nobody knowing what direction there going in.

Bloody hell we're being taking over by the toffee men. That interview in May, you keep referring too was when GERRARD HOULLIER was still manager!!! Moyes is a man of integrity, not in a million years would he say anything different, would he have really said yes guys i want Gerard to do one so i can have the job with more cash than Everton. What I'm saying is things CHANGE in football, since that statement he may have spoken to Kenwright about funds, who he may have to sell. Look I'm not even saying Moyes will come but what i won't stand is you toffee's who think there is not an iota of a chance that Moyes would want to talk to us when i see that as you being blinded by the toffees in your mouths.

Latest from MM

I was feeling pretty shit from the moment on Sat night we had wind of the McCleish story ( I should have known better ) until I got a call around 10.50 pm last night and now things are looking a lot lot better . General Krulack wasn't in the Marines for nothing an expert on divertionary tactics which are coming in handy at the moment as our lads sit in the trenches waiting for the call to go over the top.

Latest from MM

I was feeling pretty shit from the moment on Sat night we had wind of the McCleish story ( I should have known better ) until I got a call around 10.50 pm last night and now things are looking a lot lot better . General Krulack wasn't in the Marines for nothing an expert on divertionary tactics which are coming in handy at the moment as our lads sit in the trenches waiting for the call to go over the top.

Most of us Villans don't need to be called to go "over the top"

We are quite capable of doing that all by ourselves thank you very much.

:winkold:

Bloody hell we're being taking over by the toffee men. That interview in May, you keep referring too was when GERRARD HOULLIER was still manager!!! Moyes is a man of integrity, not in a million years would he say anything different, would he have really said yes guys i want Gerard to do one so i can have the job with more cash than Everton. What I'm saying is things CHANGE in football, since that statement he may have spoken to Kenwright about funds, who he may have to sell. Look I'm not even saying Moyes will come but what i won't stand is you toffee's who think there is not an iota of a chance that Moyes would want to talk to us when i see that as you being blinded by the toffees in your mouths.

Yes, that old statement by Moyes from the end of the season when Houllier was still manager doesn't hold much water.

There is no way Moyes would say anything different whilst there was a manager in the position.

I'm not saying Moyes wants the job, just that that statement doesn't show anything.

IT's Hughes. It's got to be. Fulham and Forest both appoint new managers with 48 hours of the position becoming available. The only reason we can't confirm the appointment is that we would have to pay compensation to Fulham if we make an announcement before the 1st July.

At least it's better than having McLeish as the manager of our club!!

No we're just going on what's been said by the man himself, not what some nobody on twitter has posted.

There is no chance Moyes will leave Everton for Villa, I think that's been pretty much universally accepted by the large majority.

Latest from MM

I smell bullshit

This MM strikes me as an attention seeker and far from ITK

Not too happy about large influx of BlueScouse on the forum. I see why; you need to put things straight with us, and I personally don't see Moyes leaving (not much incentive to, sideways step etc) but I don't see the need to post on our board.

If it's Hughes we're after I don't see any need for cloak and dagger stuff.

He's already QUIT his job, and yes I know he can't join another until July 1st but what possible reason would there be for not announcing he'll be our new manager then ?

That would quell some unrest and at least let the players know that we have a captain (a shit one mind) at the helm when they come back ?

Hughes makes no sense at all.

That said, if we get Moyes i'll gladly donate £50 to Acorns.

Latest from MM

I smell bullshit

do some research then

people like you are the reason he doesnt post here any more

Latest from MM

I smell bullshit

Your wrong by the way.

Serious answer?

They have opened a gold mine this past week of angry Villa fans willing to call in and wait on hold at £1.50 per min to "set the record straight" with their favourite TS presenter.

In short: They are trolling for cash.

This is so true! A guy where I work is a WBA fan and he said that even he nearly called in to have a moan at them because of the crap that they were spouting about the Villa.

Latest from MM

I smell bullshit

HaHa.... That made me chuckle :clap: