• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I'm becoming more sceptical about us getting or even pursuing Moyes now. The Evertonians here are actually talking sense in my opinion, and there is a strong case for Moyes not even wanting a move to Villa. All just feelings and hunches though, and I suppose we'll get all answers in due time. As has been pointed out, we are still in holiday times for the football world.

I'd be very shocked if we were not trying for Moyes.

We may yet be knocked back by Kenwright or by Moyes himself but I can't believe we would not try for him.

yeah i agree, difference is everton are a decent enough club not to have their chairman on every media outlet going about it when he knows full well that its not going to happen

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Express & Star Villa Journo....

TimothyAbraham

My gut feeling is #AVFC are letting the McLeish saga take the spotlight while they work away elsewhere.

9 minutes ago

The only ITK's who have any credibility are MM on H & V who is NOT the same as the person on Twitter and Villa_Insider who was right about

GH & GMac last summer....

MM has said this morning...... it's not McCleish...

when asked about Moyes ? (Because he's already said he hasn't got a clue who Mr X is or if he has he ain't saying)

Villa_Insider posted this morning... Villa_Insider

"I suspect some mischief making on twitter last night. Do not expect huge progress today. Breathe."

Of course NO one seems to have mentioned that someone could have hacked her account??!!

I've been away.

Have there been any updates on what mjmooney is having for lunch?

I remain focused and am working hard to secure the best lunch which will complement my commitment to be true to my heritage, competitiveness and passionate appetite, and will have the lunch in place to prepare myself for the afternoon and this evening's pub quiz.

No further statement will be made until the press conference.

For what it's worth, RE all the "Moyes/EFC havnt made a statement" comments. Moyes is on holiday at the moment IF he was to make a statement it will be when he returns which is the end of this week (if reports are to be believed). Everton and Moyes have both previously stated that he is not interested/ not available. They can't keep coming out and denying it when there has been no real claims to respond to.

If there was actually anything factual to respond to then EFC might but as its all just been internet chatter there is no reason for the club or the manager to say anything they havnt already. Clubs up and down the country will not respond to every new unfounded story. For example there are more spurious rumours of Downing to LFC, do you expect the club to come out and deny it everytime this happens or do you think the initial denial is suffiecient?

As Stu The Villain said, I'm not sure of the fascination with Moyes as I can't see how he alone will take you to the next level.

As I've said before, he said he wasn't interested while Houllier was still in post, which is exactly what you would expect him to say. As far as I'm aware he has made no comment about the Villa vacancy since Houllier left, which is unlike him. Whether this means he is coming to Villa or not is another thing, but his current lack of comment means something other than he is on holiday. If he was definitely out of the running he would have made a statement through EFC for the sake of Everton fans.

m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/21/david-moyes-aston-villa-denial?cat=football&type=article

In this interview, yes Pre-GH leaving, he clearly clearly states he is not interested, even if the job became available which everyone knew it was. He goes on to talk about being very happy at Everton despite contstraints. He's said he's not interested in the job once, he doesn't need to say it again.

Show me where Everton have made such a statement? Also you keep saying Moyes stated he isn't going, no doubt you'll point me to something he said in your local rag or something old? Things change in football and i think the sooner you realise that the better, McLeish at the end of the season said he IS staying, guess what he's resigned, Mark Hughes said he was staying guess what he resigned too. Now I'm not saying Moyes, god i'm not even saying he'll be our manager but my point is Villa are in contact with Everton as that's what it's all pointing to in my opinion. I don't want to fall out with you guys but you keep spouting the same rubbish and trying to insinuate Villa are inferior or something that Moyes would turn up his nose at an opportunity, I honestly believe Moyes would want a chance to speak with us whether he gets that is another story and he would need a lot of persuading.

I'm becoming more sceptical about us getting or even pursuing Moyes now. The Evertonians here are actually talking sense in my opinion, and there is a strong case for Moyes not even wanting a move to Villa. All just feelings and hunches though, and I suppose we'll get all answers in due time. As has been pointed out, we are still in holiday times for the football world.

I'd be very shocked if we were not trying for Moyes.

We may yet be knocked back by Kenwright or by Moyes himself but I can't believe we would not try for him.

You're probably spot on about us at least trying for him. I don't know, just got the feeling that it is a very unprobable move for him. We'll see.

Can I ask a semi-serious question? What is talkSport's problem with us? Seriously? I mean, they are really taking the piss big time. I know fans always feel vindicated by the press with everything and everyone else fails to see it but they've all got a massive problem with Villa and aren't even bothering to pretend to be partial about it

Talksports Exclusive ITK's (I know right?) claim Moyes will not quit Everton for Villa.. no doubt their super ITK's will get a pat on the back for revealing such exclusive stories..

Yet they never eat humble pie when proved wrong! Where is Stan when you want him?

Unwittingly B6 you've let the cat out of the bag

Stan will triumphantly return to B6 as manager and these boards and everything else will go into meltdown

Simples :winkold:

I dont get why we didn't just give Rafa the 30 odd mill he wanted. We are getting almost 20m off Youngy.

I do wonder how people jump to conclusions like this...

How on earth do you know he wanted 30m and we refused?

Has anyone from the club said this?

I dont get why we didn't just give Rafa the 30 odd mill he wanted. We are getting almost 20m off Youngy.

Was it 30 though? I read it was double that..

i thought it was "our source understands" rumour, no doubt made up to cover skys back after their yellow bar mishap

AFAIK neither villa or rafa have confirmed that talks even took place, but its the same with martinez who didnt meet us in person but still somehow got offered treble his wages but said no

i thought it was "our source understands" rumour, no doubt made up to cover skys back after their yellow bar mishap

AFAIK neither villa or rafa have confirmed that talks even took place, but its the same with martinez who didnt meet us in person but still somehow got offered treble his wages but said no

Lads, we didn't even speak to Benitez, it's all conjecture and bullcrap

I've been away.

Have there been any updates on what mjmooney is having for lunch?

I remain focused and am working hard to secure the best lunch which will complement my commitment to be true to my heritage, competitiveness and passionate appetite, and will have the lunch in place to prepare myself for the afternoon and this evening's pub quiz.

No further statement will be made until the press conference.

I finished 2nd in tonight's pub quiz getting such obscure answers as Falcon Crest for a TV show question.

For what it's worth, RE all the "Moyes/EFC havnt made a statement" comments. Moyes is on holiday at the moment IF he was to make a statement it will be when he returns which is the end of this week (if reports are to be believed). Everton and Moyes have both previously stated that he is not interested/ not available. They can't keep coming out and denying it when there has been no real claims to respond to.

If there was actually anything factual to respond to then EFC might but as its all just been internet chatter there is no reason for the club or the manager to say anything they havnt already. Clubs up and down the country will not respond to every new unfounded story. For example there are more spurious rumours of Downing to LFC, do you expect the club to come out and deny it everytime this happens or do you think the initial denial is suffiecient?

As Stu The Villain said, I'm not sure of the fascination with Moyes as I can't see how he alone will take you to the next level.

As I've said before, he said he wasn't interested while Houllier was still in post, which is exactly what you would expect him to say. As far as I'm aware he has made no comment about the Villa vacancy since Houllier left, which is unlike him. Whether this means he is coming to Villa or not is another thing, but his current lack of comment means something other than he is on holiday. If he was definitely out of the running he would have made a statement through EFC for the sake of Everton fans.

m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/21/david-moyes-aston-villa-denial?cat=football&type=article

In this interview, yes Pre-GH leaving, he clearly clearly states he is not interested, even if the job became available which everyone knew it was. He goes on to talk about being very happy at Everton despite contstraints. He's said he's not interested in the job once, he doesn't need to say it again.

Show me where Everton have made such a statement? Also you keep saying Moyes stated he isn't going, no doubt you'll point me to something he said in your local rag or something old? Things change in football and i think the sooner you realise that the better, McLeish at the end of the season said he IS staying, guess what he's resigned, Mark Hughes said he was staying guess what he resigned too. Now I'm not saying Moyes, god i'm not even saying he'll be our manager but my point is Villa are in contact with Everton as that's what it's all pointing to in my opinion. I don't want to fall out with you guys but you keep spouting the same rubbish and trying to insinuate Villa are inferior or something that Moyes would turn up his nose at an opportunity, I honestly believe Moyes would want a chance to speak with us whether he gets that is another story and he would need a lot of persuading.

We're going on what Moyes has actually said the only time he was directly asked about the Villa job (end of May). it went something along the lines of "I'm not interested anyway, so that's the end of it".

That's the only time he's been asked and the answer was pretty straightforward.

The rumours saying he's been in talks with Lerner are just that, fed by Twitter and supposed ITK's. Incidentally, an ITK on an Everton board with a very good track record has stated Moyes is definatley not interested.

So who's spouting the rubbish? It certainly hasn't come from Everton fans.

Can I ask a semi-serious question? What is talkSport's problem with us? Seriously? I mean, they are really taking the piss big time. I know fans always feel vindicated by the press with everything and everyone else fails to see it but they've all got a massive problem with Villa and aren't even bothering to pretend to be partial about it

Serious answer?

They have opened a gold mine this past week of angry Villa fans willing to call in and wait on hold at £1.50 per min to "set the record straight" with their favourite TS presenter.

In short: They are trolling for cash.

As I've said before, he said he wasn't interested while Houllier was still in post, which is exactly what you would expect him to say. As far as I'm aware he has made no comment about the Villa vacancy since Houllier left, which is unlike him.

Have you ever thought he has respect for Villa and by announcing once again he is not interested he would make a chernobyl style disaster even worse. There was criticism on here for whelan and martinez announcing not interested yet now you want moyes to do the same. Maybe he is content to allow you to get on with finding a new manager without feeling the need to put the boot in. He denied it once a few weeks back and that is more than enough for me.