• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Sometimes I wonder if Randy and Co just wish they hadnt bothered trying to re-energise our club when they have to read the drivel and shit that a lot of 'supporters' have posted in this topic. By no means am I a massive lerner fan but I can appreciate what he is trying to do and how he goes about it.

How long has our managers job been available? 2 weeks tops isnt it? Where has the patience gone? We will have a good manager in place for pre-season and thats all that matters, the board arent going to let things drag on and on and neither are they going to make a rush job appointment to shush the small brained morons who are frothing at the mouth in eagerness to get their 'opinions' across.

This childish 'success right now or your crap' attitude of todays football fan is truly pathetic and some of the stuff ive read lately makes me ashamed to be associated with some of my fellow 'fans'.

Having an opinion is fine, speculation and discussion is great, it also helps pass the time while we wait to find out who the board are going to appoint, but the way in which some posters have gone about getting their 'opinions' across just makes me sick, personal attacks and spiteful comments brought on through a lack of patience and understanding are completely out of order.

A lot of people on here need to grow the **** up, get a grip and just enjoy the rollercoaster that is the life of a villa fan.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

As everyone can see, I have kept a low profile over the past week...because there are times when it is just best to let things play out. A week or so ago some Fans and the Press were going crazy over what was going to happen re. GH. At that time I tried to make it clear that The Club was NOT going to conduct business in the media....that it wasn't fair to GH nor was it fair to the Club. We all acted in a professional manner and business was taken care of. Now we have the old complaint of "dithering"...as if choosing and obtaining a Manager was a simple as going to M&S and ordering up a Balti Pie. I am not sure where our "expert Fans" get their information on how to go about picking a Manager in a week...but I would sure like to know. A great many things go into the equation....advice from people in the "business", discussions with agents and people with access, research on everything from record of success (history) to connectivity with the players in the dressing room to effective use of personnel to compatability with Owner and people at the Club, to many, many, other things. To some fans it seems like just a simple act....and more importantly, a "signal" about something called "ambition." As if one Manager sends a bigger "ambition" signal than another....forget about whether that Manager "fits" with the Club. I have said it once and I will say it again...we will NOT conduct business in the media...we will NOT react to the nonsense that is printed in the media...and we will NOT seek a Manager who simply gets a thumbs-up from the Fans. We will get the very best man for the job...in our opinion and in the opinion of those who assist in the decision process. Once we get our man, we will give him all the support he needs. Randy has NEVER failed to support his Manager. I know it is a waste of my time to ask for patience and calmness over the next week or two...BUT, be patient...it will get done.

I totally second this. Don't forget Mr Lerner is OUR Chairman. Get behind him. He really is trying his best for us. Look how much he has committed. Cut him some slack. Its not as straight forward as some would have you believe.

Can't believe some of the nonsense some fans come out with. Randy Lerner is the best thing that has happened to Villa. I dread to think where we would be without him.

Almost certainly the Championship under Ellis and in severe financial difficulty, but hey let's forget that so some of the children on here can carry on stamping their feet and calling Lerner amongst other things 'a **** coward'.

This is depressing.

Gens comments give me no faith either.

Gayson and Mclish maybe the targets after reading that.

In worried about our future and next season too.

And i don't agree with the gens commeb saying how can a big name manager suggest success? (or along them lines). A big manger show ambition. Shows us going it a go. MON made us ad fans and the whole leauge feel that way simples.

Sometimes I wonder if Randy and Co just wish they hadnt bothered trying to re-energise our club when they have to read the drivel and shit that a lot of 'supporters' have posted in this topic. By no means am I a massive lerner fan but I can appreciate what he is trying to do and how he goes about it.

How long has our managers job been available? 2 weeks tops isnt it? Where has the patience gone? We will have a good manager in place for pre-season and thats all that matters, the board arent going to let things drag on and on and neither are they going to make a rush job appointment to shush the small brained morons who are frothing at the mouth in eagerness to get their 'opinions' across.

This childish 'success right now or your crap' attitude of todays football fan is truly pathetic and some of the stuff ive read lately makes me ashamed to be associated with some of my fellow 'fans'.

Having an opinion is fine, speculation and discussion is great, it also helps pass the time while we wait to find out who the board are going to appoint, but the way in which some posters have gone about getting their 'opinions' across just makes me sick, personal attacks and spiteful comments brought on through a lack of patience and understanding are completely out of order.

A lot of people on here need to grow the **** up, get a grip and just enjoy the rollercoaster that is the life of a villa fan.

Well said.

There clearly is a lot of frustration building up, but rest assured we have a good owner.

It wasn't so long back that it was common belief, supported by Brian Clough that managers should be given a free hand to bring success and that interfering chairman was the main hindrance to them ..... well our bloke did just that.....until the writing was clearly on the wall and a financial decision had to be made.

In 5 years we have convinced no one that we are doing anything special,we have been just trundling along without any real conviction... yet the owner has spent decent money on the squad.I think he has been short changed if I'm being honest.

I am convinced the appointment of the right manager will be our salvation.

.....but easier said than done of course.

Ps The martinez situation is interesting to me, because as much as you can applaud his loyalty,in some quarters his ambitoin will be very clearly doubted.....I'm not so sure he would have been good for us either.

General Krulak here:

I know it is a waste of my time to ask for patience and calmness over the next week or two...BUT, be patient...it will get done.

Next week or two....as in waiting until july...as in waiting for Hughes....

Im reading far too into this, aren't I?

Lets just be honest, this serch for a manager has turned into a joke. Randy wont appoint Mark Hughes because he's mates with people from Fulham. Grow some balls you **** coward. This isn't a **** mates club, we're becoming a joke. Let's get it straight, Hughes is the last reasonable man we can get yet we won't appoint him because our owner is a plain tool.

I know you lot hate MON but let's be honest here he was quality. Randy is just basically just as naive and stupid as you can get as an owner. He's a nice guy and has good intentions, but he ain't cut out for this.

This is hardly a surprise as I've never liked how Randy has run this club. Sucked up to fans has made him popular. Useless at running a club though, too worried about being liked, not about winning.

CV, you might know your Androids, but you talk some crap about the Villa and Randy :winkold:

Randy is a godsend.

MON was good but made a lot of errors.

We don't know any reasons why we haven't appointed a manger. All we know, for a fact, is that we asked Wigan if we could speak to Martinez, but he'd like to stay loyal to Wigan for a few more years.

THAT'S IT.

Chill out and relax. Pre-season doesn't start for a while, matches don't start for an age. We have time to consider managerial appointments before rushing into anything.

Get on your S2 and chill out :winkold:

Nothing is wrong with our club, what-so-ever.

The media are causing a storm just because we've been linked to so many different managers. Chelsea have been without a manager for longer, but because everyone is confident Hiddink is getting the job, it's ignored.

Let's just put things in perspective and wait, patiently.

Also.. I'm druuuuuuuuuuuunk.

... turned into a joke....Grow some balls you **** coward. This isn't a **** mates club, we're becoming a joke.....Hughes is the last reasonable man we can get......our owner is a plain tool.

I know you lot hate MON....Randy is just basically just as naive and stupid as you can get as an owner....he ain't cut out for this.

.....I've never liked how Randy has run this club. Sucked up to fans has made him popular. Useless at running a club though, too worried about being liked, not about winning.

I often find I sober up quicker if I splash cold water on my face, get a strong coffee and knock out a quick shuffle.

You might like to try that before you next post whilst pissed.

YES! YES! YES! YES General! Well **** said!

Oliver Holt, John Wragg, Talksport, The Daily Mirror, The Daily Mail, Midlands Today, The Telegraph, The Sun, Every Bookmakers, Any other London Media I missed out......... **** RIGHT OFF!

WE are Aston Villa, WE will conduct our business how we see fit, and WE will not bow to the lies and bile spewed by the bias Cockney media!

:twisted:

Keep the faith.

General Krulak here:

I know it is a waste of my time to ask for patience and calmness over the next week or two...BUT, be patient...it will get done.

Next week or two....as in waiting until july...as in waiting for Hughes....

Im reading far too into this, aren't I?

It won't take two weeks. He is just urging fans to be patient.

They stated that they would not go down the route of what happened last season, and I WILL take their word on that. Just give it time. IF it takes two weeks so be it. BUT, I personally don't think it will. I think we will be seeing a lot of movement next week. NOT ITK.

Vila_Insider thinking EFC appointing a new manager is the final hurdle before Moyes is unveiled.

sheaves correct. moyes will be villa manager soon and I will collect my £27.50 from paddy power

What is this obsession with mark **** Hughes Don't want him.

Not ITK but I've got a hunch Moyes will resign on Monday. Of course if that hapens we'll all know what that means, a bit like when Bent handed in his transfer request at Sunderland, which was also on a Monday.