• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im off, im hoping we will have more news tomorrow but will imagine it will be monday. C'mon Coyle!

And that's why we've been in a trophy drought for 15 years. Fans thinking someone like Coyle is the way forward.

I am holding off judging our chairman and board

The chairman and the board want to be successful just as much as we do. They will do whatever they think is best for the club. Just as any of us would if we were in charge.

I don't think there should be any sort of atmosphere or divide between the board and us fans. We are all in this together and we may not agree with some decisions that are made but nobody can agree on everything all the time.

Whoever the board chose to manage our great club, I will back and support fully whether I think it is a good appointment or not.

Chelsea coincidentally sacking their manager at the same time that GH had to step down because of health issues has made quite a few people unduly critical of the sort of candidates you were only ever realistically going to attract regardless of Ancelotti being a free agent.

I am holding off judging our chairman and board until we actually make an appointment but you have to say that they do appear to be making a complete bollock of this.

Surely you identify 3 or 4 targets sound them out, interview the interested parties and make an appointment. Targets should have been identified before the season ended in case Geds health meant he couldnt carry on.

Now since other chairman will have been written to but have not done "a Whelan" you must assume they dont want to lose their manager and presumably because we behave correctly we are now a bit screwed.

Or maybe we have our man but are waiting for a nice sunny day to unvail him on the Villa Park pitch.

Do you also believe that Chelsea are making a "bollocks" of their situation?

@ steaknchips

Why exactly are you rating Van Basten above Moyes , Coyle , Hughes ???

Young, Knowledgeable, great with bringing the youth through, has good connections in the game, Plays great football, worked with some of the best players in the world, wont require a massive budget, has the ability to build and play total football. Will modernise Villa, most likely have knowledge of some untapped youth coming out of Ajax and Europe.Also a manager thats likely to stick around. :)

I am holding off judging our chairman and board until we actually make an appointment but you have to say that they do appear to be making a complete bollock of this.

Surely you identify 3 or 4 targets sound them out, interview the interested parties and make an appointment. Targets should have been identified before the season ended in case Geds health meant he couldnt carry on.

Now since other chairman will have been written to but have not done "a Whelan" you must assume they dont want to lose their manager and presumably because we behave correctly we are now a bit screwed.

Or maybe we have our man but are waiting for a nice sunny day to unvail him on the Villa Park pitch.

Do you also believe that Chelsea are making a "bollocks" of their situation?

Totally different situations.

Van Gaal is a good shout.

Think Rijkaard could be a disaster - tho would be curious

But Van Basten?

Couldnt even get Ajax into the champs league

van gaal would be pretty much the dream now ancelotti seemingly isnt interested.

he takes no shit and commands respect, plays great winning football and the methology goes down the club

while he may piss some people off, i would far rather that than see the likes of dunne take the piss again, or ireland taking the piss.

those days would be over rather quickly.

he has a vast knowledge and network internationally and is a world wide footballing figure and speaks several languages, which i guess helps if we had any signings who need to learn english ( gabby take note)

Didn't do that great at Bayern .

But yes Van Gaal would be a great appointment.

Ancelotti aint happening. get over it.
i have unfortunately, we should have been all over him like flies round shit when GH had his health problems and ancelotti was sacked. [...] moyes in my view would be the worst i would be happy with.
So in essence, Moyes is the sort of shit that you could see yourself flying around, albeit without much enthusiasm?

nicely put

i would be satisfied with moyes rather than jumping up and down happy as i know he would most likely improve uis and get us around 6th each year with the occassional promise of a top 4 or 5 which while not being as exciting as a van gaal or ancelotti who i believe COULD get us more of a chance of top 5 with the chance of top 4 and a trophy and more entertaining attractive football and also bring more positivity to the club

If it is notes then I a) get my original number one man and B) will earn the best part of a grand.

Despite that I'm gonna feel slightly gutted it ain't ancelotti. Seems ridiculous really, shouldn't have got involved in the pipe dream.

Still ill be a very happy man.

Who is notes ?

Stupid phone changed moyes to notes!

Another day of nobody knowing anything. Sunday will be the same probabyl( hence why Kendrick took the weekend off). It is really starting to turn into a 'saga', hopefully we will get someone by midweek otherwise Randy may get desperate...:(

Reason ancelotti could not come - Here
Now it's 100% not gonna happen then :( I'm now hoping for Van Gaal or Moyes. :)

How come some places were reporting he didn't take the extra money last week? The media all contradict themselves.

Another day of nobody knowing anything. Sunday will be the same probabyl( hence why Kendrick took the weekend off). It is really starting to turn into a 'saga', hopefully we will get someone by midweek otherwise Randy may get desperate...:(

Fulham must envy our uber management search skills.

ALEX McLEISH has emerged as the shock No.1 target to take over at Aston Villa.

We understand Randy Lerner has set his sights on the Birmingham manager after feedback suggested both David Moyes and Owen Coyle would not be likely to consider the post.

The controversial move would be sure to spark an angry response from both sets of the city's supporters.

Leeds boss Simon Grayson emerged as an alternative target yesterday, but Villa believe they have a real chance of tempting McLeish, who has not exactly enjoyed the best of relationships with his club's owners.

He was promised lavish transfer funds when Carson Yeung took over the club 18 months ago but they have not materialised.

McLeish did sign a new contract back in September of last year, committing himself to St Andrews until the summer of 2013.

But he is set to lose some key players.

Centre-back Scott Dann is attracting the interest of a number of clubs, while his defensive partner Roger Johnson's agent yesterday confirmed his client has been told he can leave.

Paul Smith said yesterday: "Without breaching any confidences, I've had a call from Birmingham to declare they would have to let him go.

"And at 28 years old and having played in every game in the top flight for two seasons running, he is in demand for sure. It's just a matter of who he goes to I think."

The Villa board would have to take into consideration the reaction of their supporters to a McLeish move. But Lerner might gamble on the idea that the fans would see it as a coup if they were to prise away their rival's manager.

Villa's search for a successor to Gerard Houllier has turned into a soap opera after Roberto Martinez turned down the chance for talks at Villa Park.

Everton's Moyes and Bolton's Coyle were both on the short-list but their clubs believe they will stay.

Mark Hughes - who resigned from Fulham last month - remains a possibility but McLeish is their favoured choice.

Click, click, clickaroo

@ steaknchips

Why exactly are you rating Van Basten above Moyes , Coyle , Hughes ???

Young, Knowledgeable, great with bringing the youth through, has good connections in the game, Plays great football, worked with some of the best players in the world, wont require a massive budget, has the ability to build and play total football. Will modernise Villa, most likely have knowledge of some untapped youth coming out of Ajax and Europe.Also a manager thats likely to stick around. :)

Er....Hang on

Based on what?

He did shit at Ajax and tahts about it.

you saying hes better than the names mentioned above almost hint at a reversed snobbery -IE- anyone who is non British is better.

Van Basten was great player but he certainly has done nothing to suggest hes a good manager as it stands and I dont even understand your last point