• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people think we'll be getting managers without Premier League experience? I don't think the board will ever go that path because they like to play it safe.

They said Prem experience was important last year - i haven't heard them say anything regarding Prem experience this summer.

tomhop_people Tom Hopkinson

Simon Grayson here in Barbados. Has heard from a mate he's bookies' favourite for #avfc but doesn't know any more #lufc

Population of Barbados must double at this time of year with footballers/managers heading over.

Why do people think we'll be getting managers without Premier League experience? I don't think the board will ever go that path because they like to play it safe.

The Premiership managers we could get,are not good enough to take us forward..

If you want Villa to progress you had better start shouting from the right corner.

Marco Van Basten

Frank Rijkaard

Bernd Schuster

Louis Van Gaal

Quique Sánchez Flores

Those 5 managers are all available and all top class, they are winners that build winning squads playing modern football....You cant even mention Moyes, Coyle, Hughes in the same breath. There's NO comparison!

The Premiership managers we could get,are not good enough to take us forward..

If you want Villa to progress you had better start shouting from the right corner.

Marco Van Basten

Frank Rijkaard

Bernd Schuster

Louis Van Gaal

Quique Sánchez Flores

Those 5 managers are all available and all top class, they are winners that build winning squads playing modern football....You cant even mention Moyes, Coyle, Hughes in the same breath. There's NO comparison!

Please tell me why Van Basten is on that list.

Van Gaal is a good shout.

Think Rijkaard could be a disaster - tho would be curious

But Van Basten?

Couldnt even get Ajax into the champs league

van gaal would be pretty much the dream now ancelotti seemingly isnt interested.

he takes no shit and commands respect, plays great winning football and the methology goes down the club

while he may piss some people off, i would far rather that than see the likes of dunne take the piss again, or ireland taking the piss.

those days would be over rather quickly.

he has a vast knowledge and network internationally and is a world wide footballing figure and speaks several languages, which i guess helps if we had any signings who need to learn english ( gabby take note)

I am holding off judging our chairman and board until we actually make an appointment but you have to say that they do appear to be making a complete bollock of this.

Surely you identify 3 or 4 targets sound them out, interview the interested parties and make an appointment. Targets should have been identified before the season ended in case Geds health meant he couldnt carry on.

Now since other chairman will have been written to but have not done "a Whelan" you must assume they dont want to lose their manager and presumably because we behave correctly we are now a bit screwed.

Or maybe we have our man but are waiting for a nice sunny day to unvail him on the Villa Park pitch.

Why exactly are you rating Van Basten above Moyes , Coyle , Hughes ??

As a player id love him in his hey-dey, but he has done nothing at all as a manager to warrant being in the same company as jamie pitman at hereford let alone the other 4.

People would have said much the same about Ramos a few years ago compared to Redknapp, you never can tell.

thats true, but it is far less of a gamble taking on someone who is a born winner and won pretty much throughout their managerial lives than someone who has occasionally rised slightly above average only to slide back down again.

i would like someone like van gaal, i think our youth set up already has the same sort of mentality on how to play football.

people like sid cowans, Kmac and the rest who have done awsomely for the club can be taken under his wing and then in 4 or 5 years time sid maybe is a position to step in.

Ancelotti aint happening. get over it.
i have unfortunately, we should have been all over him like flies round shit when GH had his health problems and ancelotti was sacked. [...] moyes in my view would be the worst i would be happy with.
So in essence, Moyes is the sort of shit that you could see yourself flying around, albeit without much enthusiasm?

People would have said much the same about Ramos a few years ago compared to Redknapp, you never can tell.

thats true, but it is far less of a gamble taking on someone who is a born winner and won pretty much throughout their managerial lives than someone who has occasionally rised slightly above average only to slide back down again.

i would like someone like van gaal, i think our youth set up already has the same sort of mentality on how to play football.

people like sid cowans, Kmac and the rest who have done awsomely for the club can be taken under his wing and then in 4 or 5 years time sid maybe is a position to step in.

or KMac - like the idea of a boot room

I am holding off judging our chairman and board until we actually make an appointment but you have to say that they do appear to be making a complete bollock of this.

Surely you identify 3 or 4 targets sound them out, interview the interested parties and make an appointment. Targets should have been identified before the season ended in case Geds health meant he couldnt carry on.

Now since other chairman will have been written to but have not done "a Whelan" you must assume they dont want to lose their manager and presumably because we behave correctly we are now a bit screwed.

Or maybe we have our man but are waiting for a nice sunny day to unvail him on the Villa Park pitch.

Nice to see that people are losing faith in RL. I'm sure he will not go for a manager in the championship. But, if he does; it won't be done without a thorough evaluating process. . Contrary to what the media are saying or what the bookies are doing; RL will have had his targets set long before GH was dismissed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very naive. Do you seriously think that he would suddenly wait to see if GH was coming back. In business you have got to have contingency plans and PF was brought in for that very purpose. Yes, the press may be saying that what is going on at Villa is farcical & that RL is panicking. The guy is a business man. He would have drawn up his list weeks ago. Martinez may well have been on that list. But, i'm sure he still has the candidates in mind, and is no doubt still working around the clock regardless of what country he is in. Business can still take place even if you are in another country. Maybe not the essential paperwork, but i'm sure he is having conference meetings with the Villa board. But, for all we know; a manager may already be in place. But, i don't believe that. What I do believe is that RL will make the right decision ON what is best for Aston Villa FC.