• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

People don't believe this person but I will post the quotes anyway.

Just to give the optimists hope. Goodnite

Villa_Insider AstonVillaInsider

Ok, last one for tonight. I believe Hughes will end up at Everton but only when he has failed at attempt to get Chelsea job.

Villa_Insider AstonVillaInsider

I believe EFC are waiting to have a new manager in post before releasing Moyes to Villa. Only remaining hurdle

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not ITK but I've got a hunch Moyes will resign on Monday. Of course if that hapens we'll all know what that means, a bit like when Bent handed in his transfer request at Sunderland, which was also on a Monday.

It's gonna happen. To many peeps saying same thing. And general has popped up so it must be close now

i agree with much of what the general has said. it is not as simple as just saying 'i want him' and going to get him. there are a lot of factors to consider. think about how much grief the board will get if they hire a failure, whether he was the fans' choice or not.

yes, i think there is frustration from fans that just want to know now, but i also think the bulk of the frustration is based on WHO rather than WHEN. given the choice of whether to believe the so called ITKs or the press, i would sooner choose the ITKs...simply because i question someone to go to such extent just for a wind up. these people are not being paid for their twitter comments, unlike the journos that churn out names because its their job to fill column inches...whether theyre true or not.

i refuse to believe that the board are stupid enough to appoint mcleash...not just because of his blues connections (though that would be reason for many not to appoint him) but the fact that he had blues playing shocking football, took them down twice, and insisted on playing IMO one of the worst players ever to grace the premiership - jerome.

But isn't what the G said contradicting the Moyes stuff? He said be patient over the next week or two.

Depending on how long it takes for Everton to have a manager in place.

If it's Hughes, then they have to wait until beginning of July. Who knows.

Then Moyes is ours. lol HE HOPES

This is depressing.

Gens comments give me no faith either.

Gayson and Mclish maybe the targets after reading that.

In worried about our future and next season too.

And i don't agree with the gens commeb saying how can a big name manager suggest success? (or along them lines). A big manger show ambition. Shows us going it a go. MON made us ad fans and the whole leauge feel that way simples.

Yeah but MON is not a big name manager. He's a successful man-manager who won some shit in Scotland and a few things with Leicester. That's not big at all.

Infact, I'd say Hughes is just as good as MON.

I completely agree with Gen's comments. If a 'big name' manager is not the right fit for AVFC, then why go for him?

If we went for a 'big name', but he just wanted to use us for a stepping stone to get back into a 'big job', then we'd be wasting our time.

If we went for a 'big name' but he actually thought that we were beneath his 'level' then he'd leave us, eventually.

I want a manager that wants to stay here for longer than 3 years. I want to have someone who becomes part of AVFC. I would have been happy with Martinez because he could be here for 10 years, building a team and becoming a part of us.

I'd be happy with the tiniest manager, if he was here for the right reasons and had enough potential.

Not ITK but I've got a hunch Moyes will resign on Monday. Of course if that hapens we'll all know what that means, a bit like when Bent handed in his transfer request at Sunderland, which was also on a Monday.

the difference being that if moyes resigns then everton dont get a penny for him. bent handed in a transfer request but sunderland still got 18m for him. moyes wouldnt do that to everton IMO

Well a few people like i said before a week or so ago well connected with Villa (One has a senior job there) told me Moyes was a done deal but we waiting for Everton to sort things out but like i said before i just dunno if it's B.S or not ?

Vila_Insider thinking EFC appointing a new manager is the final hurdle before Moyes is unveiled.

sheaves correct. moyes will be villa manager soon and I will collect my £27.50 from paddy power

What is this obsession with mark **** Hughes Don't want him.

If it comes true, add a '0' to that figure... and that's what I'll be collecting!!

Does Moyes tick the following criteria?

A great many things go into the equation....advice from people in the "business", discussions with agents and people with access, research on everything from record of success (history) to connectivity with the players in the dressing room to effective use of personnel to compatability with Owner and people at the Club, to many, many, other things. To some fans it seems like just a simple act....and more importantly, a "signal" about something called "ambition."

Reading that just reaffirms to me how perfect Houllier was for us, if it wasn't for his health.

I'd defy anyone to pick fault with what the general has said.

Well, if you look in the generals thread you'll see at least one person slagging him off for calling us impatient (how dare he?!). We are aclub without manager, sponsor or shirts apparently. We might as well quit now!

Jesus wept...

Vila_Insider thinking EFC appointing a new manager is the final hurdle before Moyes is unveiled.

sheaves correct. moyes will be villa manager soon and I will collect my £27.50 from paddy power

If it comes true, add a '0' to that figure... and that's what I'll be collecting!!

id get £95 and id be happy.....or £75 for hughes....or £65 for carlo......or £51 for martinez......or...i forget now ive bet on so many......zzzzzzzzzzzz

I'd defy anyone to pick fault with what the general has said.

Well, if you look in the generals thread you'll see at least one person slagging him off for calling us impatient (how dare he?!). We are aclub without manager, sponsor or shirts apparently. We might as well quit now!

Jesus wept...

...and the wrong coloured socks dont forget.

id get £95 and id be happy.....or £75 for hughes....or £65 for carlo......or £51 for martinez......or...i forget now ive bet on so many......zzzzzzzzzzzz

£20 Moyes 12/1, Victor Chandler! That's the only bet I've placed and I'm keeping the faith!!!

You're just a bet whore

Lol your pic is same as my facebook pic lol

Find it interesting that they're dismissing Moyes moving here out of hand over at ToffeeTalk. A 2page thread where they keep repeating that Moyes has ruled himself out twice this year. In for a Bent-like shock maybe?