• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

The McLeish link has less chance of working than McLaren. I can't see Lerner refusing an interview based on possible fan reaction to Steve, and then going after the Blues manager!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Mcleish what they hell are the press thinking off this will never happen Aston Villa will never take a sha manager he won the carling cup by a fluke and then got the relegated plus he hardly gets teams scoring.

If there is any ounce of truth in the story all you need to know Lerner is to do the same you did with Mclaren and send him packing.

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/252140/Jim-Holden?

I think we need some villa fans posting on this article as it is utter utter bollocks and this Holden guy is a total dicksplash!

Journos spraying muscle-bound hyperbole around like "turmoil" and "farce" and "catastrophic failure" just because Villa haven't rushed to appoint any old geezer just a matter of days after Gerard Houllier stepped down beggars belief. Why can't they at least report with calmness and some sense of perspective? An earthquake that precipitates a meltdown alert at a nuclear power plant is a catastrophe; Roberto Martinez turning down the Aston Villa manager's job isn't.

We will keep getting bad press until Villa hopefully appoint a decent manager,the fact the club are keeping stum is annoying the pressmen and they are biting back with the latest inaccurate bile written by Jim Holden of the Express.

I'm wary of the board's judgement, so it wouldn't surprise me if Alex McLeish became the next manager.

If anyone believes he won't then you can make free money on Betfair. You can place a lay bet on quite low odds.

I'm wary of the board's judgement, so it wouldn't surprise me if Alex McLeish became the next manager.

Serious OnlyOne you do seem criticise the board at any given opportunity

I bet you don't even believe what youve just typed there in regards to McLeish.

If you're so confident then place your life savings on betfair then.

Reason ancelotti could not come - Here

Thank you for posting the article. It actually makes sense based on what the supposed ITK from the other board had written. He said that it was Ancelotti, then said there was a glitch but one that was thought to be workable, then Ancelotti mentions the leave of abscence in the press. Bet Carlo was receptive, Villa and Carlo lawyers reviewed if they could just pay back the 6 million and buy him out. Sort of like buying out his buy out.

Damn. Hate missing that Anceloti boat. Ship will have sailed by next year. This was the year to get that caliber coach coming directly from a PL team that compteted for trophies in the here and now time. Shit.

SMH

Reason ancelotti could not come - Here

Thank you for posting the article. It actually makes sense based on what the supposed ITK from the other board had written. He said that it was Ancelotti, then said there was a glitch but one that was thought to be workable, then Ancelotti mentions the leave of abscence in the press. Bet Carlo was receptive, Villa and Carlo lawyers reviewed if they could just pay back the 6 million and buy him out. Sort of like buying out his buy out.

Damn. Hate missing that Anceloti boat. Ship will have sailed by next year. This was the year to get that caliber coach coming directly from a PL team that compteted for trophies in the here and now time. Shit.

SMH

To be fair, it was also reported that he'd not taken the extra money. I don't know what to believe. Regardless, I haven't thought of Ancelotti as much of a possibility since Monday. Still hoping Randy appoints a big name though.

Lets just be honest, this serch for a manager has turned into a joke. Randy wont appoint Mark Hughes because he's mates with people from Fulham. Grow some balls you **** coward. This isn't a **** mates club, we're becoming a joke. Let's get it straight, Hughes is the last reasonable man we can get yet we won't appoint him because our owner is a plain tool.

I know you lot hate MON but let's be honest here he was quality. Randy is just basically just as naive and stupid as you can get as an owner. He's a nice guy and has good intentions, but he ain't cut out for this.

This is hardly a surprise as I've never liked how Randy has run this club. Sucked up to fans has made him popular. Useless at running a club though, too worried about being liked, not about winning.

Lets just be honest, this serch for a manager has turned into a joke. Randy wont appoint Mark Hughes because he's mates with people from Fulham. Grow some balls you **** coward. This isn't a **** mates club, we're becoming a joke. Let's get it straight, Hughes is the last reasonable man we can get yet we won't appoint him because our owner is a plain tool.

I know you lot hate MON but let's be honest here he was quality. Randy is just basically just as naive and stupid as you can get as an owner. He's a nice guy and has good intentions, but he ain't cut out for this.

I really don't see how it's a joke. We know absolutely nothing. Same goes for the press.

Its honourable that Randy plays with a straight bat and likes to do things the right way and through the proper channels. The only problem with his approach is that very few others involved in football take the same approach and play nice which pretty much makes us doing so irrelevant.

And Mr Byrne is naive and stupid as we get as a supporter, oh but he hasn't sunk his money into the club, he hasn't actually made us a viable Premiership club , sorry no he is just mouthing off. Silly him.

You'll get 31 posts if you quote my post.