• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Lets just be honest, this serch for a manager has turned into a joke. Randy wont appoint Mark Hughes because he's mates with people from Fulham. Grow some balls you **** coward. This isn't a **** mates club, we're becoming a joke. Let's get it straight, Hughes is the last reasonable man we can get yet we won't appoint him because our owner is a plain tool.

I know you lot hate MON but let's be honest here he was quality. Randy is just basically just as naive and stupid as you can get as an owner. He's a nice guy and has good intentions, but he ain't cut out for this.

This is hardly a surprise as I've never liked how Randy has run this club. Sucked up to fans has made him popular. Useless at running a club though, too worried about being liked, not about winning.

Takes real balls to call someone you don't know a **** coward on an internet messageboard.Maybe you should arrange a meeting and say it to his face.What you say big man?Nah didn't think so, too busy listening to talkshite I imagine.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its honourable that Randy plays with a straight bat and likes to do things the right way and through the proper channels. The only problem with his approach is that very few others involved in football take the same approach and play nice which pretty much makes us doing so irrelevant.

Indeed, and it was nice to have Acorns on our shirt. But then we aren't Barcelona so winning will always take a back stage to Randy's nice man ego ****.

We're not a charity, we're not a be nice to your fellow chairmen society. We're a never going to be successful, stagnant joke club. We need to know our place.

**** it, there's a reason support has stagnated. We have our limits. **** this shit.

Its honourable that Randy plays with a straight bat and likes to do things the right way and through the proper channels. The only problem with his approach is that very few others involved in football take the same approach and play nice which pretty much makes us doing so irrelevant.

Presumptions there me thinks..

For instance I don't think a certain Niall Quinn or Steve Bruce would quite see us in that light...

Indeed, and it was nice to have Acorns on our shirt. But then we aren't Barcelona so winning will always take a back stage to Randy's nice man ego ****.

We're not a charity, we're not a be nice to your fellow chairmen society. We're a never going to be successful, stagnant joke club. We need to know our place.

**** it, there's a reason support has stagnated. We have our limits. **** this shit.

What the hell man? Sounds like you need a long break from following football and the Villa.

From the General's post, I get the impression they're not really aiming big and are just trying to find someone who's most 'suited' for the job.
I don't think it tells us anything to be honest. Let's just say they were aiming big and were in secret talks with Moyes, do you think he'd come out and allude to something like that?

For instance I don't think a certain Niall Quinn or Steve Bruce would quite see us in that light...

Blackpool and Holloway also seemed to enjoy our approach to things. :D

Reason ancelotti could not come - Here

Thank you for posting the article. It actually makes sense based on what the supposed ITK from the other board had written. He said that it was Ancelotti, then said there was a glitch but one that was thought to be workable, then Ancelotti mentions the leave of abscence in the press. Bet Carlo was receptive, Villa and Carlo lawyers reviewed if they could just pay back the 6 million and buy him out. Sort of like buying out his buy out.

Damn. Hate missing that Anceloti boat. Ship will have sailed by next year. This was the year to get that caliber coach coming directly from a PL team that compteted for trophies in the here and now time. Shit.

SMH

To be fair, it was also reported that he'd not taken the extra money. I don't know what to believe. Regardless, I haven't thought of Ancelotti as much of a possibility since Monday. Still hoping Randy appoints a big name though.

Yes, I read there were conflicting accounts as to having the "no coach" clause or not but his actions and time frame of one season away from the game gives me pause to think the buy out with the "cant coach another team" caveat probably was accepted. Oh well water under the bridge now. Whoever is brought in will not only need Randy's financial support but fan support as well. So UTV!!!

Blackpool and Holloway also seemed to enjoy our approach to things. :D

Indeed!

Had forgot about that.

Think lot of ppl are making far too many pressumptions about stuff.

Granted tho some of the clubs PR hasn't been good in the last year and a bit. Which ironically was a real strong point of our current owners not long ago.

Reason ancelotti could not come - Here

Thank you for posting the article. It actually makes sense based on what the supposed ITK from the other board had written. He said that it was Ancelotti, then said there was a glitch but one that was thought to be workable, then Ancelotti mentions the leave of abscence in the press. Bet Carlo was receptive, Villa and Carlo lawyers reviewed if they could just pay back the 6 million and buy him out. Sort of like buying out his buy out.

Damn. Hate missing that Anceloti boat. Ship will have sailed by next year. This was the year to get that caliber coach coming directly from a PL team that compteted for trophies in the here and now time. Shit.

SMH

To be fair, it was also reported that he'd not taken the extra money. I don't know what to believe. Regardless, I haven't thought of Ancelotti as much of a possibility since Monday. Still hoping Randy appoints a big name though.

Yes, I read there were conflicting accounts as to having the "no coach" clause or not but his actions and time frame of one season away from the game gives me pause to think the buy out with the "cant coach another team" caveat probably was accepted. Oh well water under the bridge now. Whoever is brought in will not only need Randy's financial support but fan support as well. So UTV!!!

I agree, particularly with the last part. Well said.

Lets just be honest, this serch for a manager has turned into a joke. Randy wont appoint Mark Hughes because he's mates with people from Fulham. Grow some balls you **** coward. This isn't a **** mates club, we're becoming a joke. Let's get it straight, Hughes is the last reasonable man we can get yet we won't appoint him because our owner is a plain tool.

I know you lot hate MON but let's be honest here he was quality. Randy is just basically just as naive and stupid as you can get as an owner. He's a nice guy and has good intentions, but he ain't cut out for this.

This is hardly a surprise as I've never liked how Randy has run this club. Sucked up to fans has made him popular. Useless at running a club though, too worried about being liked, not about winning.

This post just makes me angry. :(

I cannot believe I have just read this post. It just beggars belief now stupid some 'supporters' really are.

:shock:

bloody hell

time to step away from the internet i think

This post just makes me angry. :(

It dont make me angry, it just makes me smile thinking that as thick as the post comes across the poster isn't, he just loves Villa so much his brain cells have been overwhelmed, so much it has made him brain dead. Bless! FFS man up!!! :lol:

i like how randy does his business

i also miss MON as iv been lookin at the past highlights on youtube

i also realise that thats now in the past and we must look to the future

this whole process is eating away at me

i just want to wake up one morning and its done

i get the feeling that randy wanted to invest 200 mill and that that would be enough

unfortunately it wasnt as o neill spent on some bad buys but at the same time we had some great times

i hope they will continue but it aint lookin very optimistic at the moment

How about we wait and see who is appointed before we jump to any conclusions and come across as a spoilt unappreciative brat yes?

Randy has done a lot for this club. If you don't like it, sell your soul and go and buy yourself a Man City shirt. Aston Villa doesn't need this kind of "support".

From the General's post, I get the impression they're not really aiming big and are just trying to find someone who's most 'suited' for the job.

finding the person most suited to the job is precisely what we should be doing. unless of course you just want the name, no matter if they are totally ill equipped for the role.

Rafa Benitez is a pretty "big name" - known throughout europe, has a successful managerial career in terms of trophies won. yet i do not think he is suited to the villa job. houllier was a "big" name, highly respected in football, won trophies etc. how did that turn out?

and as for the "board is too nice" theory. yeah it seems we aim to do things through the right channels (which can pay dividends -see the fabian delph transfer), but i have no doubt we can get dirty or fight our own corner when needed. as has already been said ask sunderland or blackpool what they think, we told liverpool and rafa where to go when they came after barry.

A bit of hope from IanRobs site

OK you have seen the NOTW story tonight.

After posting it I received the following from a source close to McCleish

Hi Ian,

I am xxxxxxxxx and Alex hasn’t had any contact with Villa and I spoke to him within 24 hours. Alex is surprised to be linked to Villa and has no idea where the story has originated from.

Before publishing this story I asked for confirmation and he gave me his telephone number and I spoke to xxxxxxxx for 10 mins and I am 100% convinced that this is genuine. If anyone asks who this is I will be not be telling so do not waste your time.

Once again it shows how this whole managerial saga is messing everyone up and Randy and Paul must be sitting back laughing at all this.

As to Andy Dunne from the NOTW you have no credibility on this.

I cannot believe I have just read this post. It just beggars belief now stupid some 'supporters' really are.

This post just makes me angry.

It dont make me angry, it just makes me smile thinking that as thick as the post comes across the poster isn't, he just loves Villa so much his brain cells have been overwhelmed, so much it has made him brain dead. Bless! FFS man up!!! :lol:

How about we wait and see who is appointed before we jump to any conclusions and come across as a spoilt unappreciative brat yes?

Randy has done a lot for this club. If you don't like it, sell your soul and go and buy yourself a Man City shirt. Aston Villa doesn't need this kind of "support".

I agree with the above quotes feeling disgusted by some fans.

Nice to see that people are losing faith in RL. Contrary to what the media are saying or what the bookies are doing; RL will have had his targets set long before GH was dismissed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very naive. Do you seriously think that he would suddenly wait to see if GH was coming back. In business you have got to have contingency plans and PF was brought in for that very purpose. Yes, the press may be saying that what is going on at Villa is farcical & that RL is panicking. The guy is a business man. He would have drawn up his list weeks ago. Martinez may well have been on that list. But, i'm sure he still has the candidates in mind, and is no doubt still working around the clock regardless of what country he is in. Business can still take place even if you are in another country. Maybe not the essential paperwork, but i'm sure he is having conference meetings with the Villa board. But, for all we know; a manager may already be in place. But, i don't believe that. What I do believe is that RL will make the right decision ON what is best for Aston Villa FC.