• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

If it is notes then I a) get my original number one man and B) will earn the best part of a grand.

Despite that I'm gonna feel slightly gutted it ain't ancelotti. Seems ridiculous really, shouldn't have got involved in the pipe dream.

Still ill be a very happy man.

Who is notes ?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancelotti aint happening. get over it.

i have unfortunately, we should have been all over him like flies round shit when GH had his health problems and ancelotti was sacked.

but while there are still top quality managers floating around i refuse to stoop to the low levels of mark hughes

the lowest standard we should be setting ourselves is moyes, a decent manager who has shown he can produce results on a yearly basis and keep a club the same level historically as us, in the top 7.

he would have the added bonus of having a financially supportive owner who may be able to match moyes ambitions which are publically stated as being higher than 7th.

moyes in my view would be the worst i would be happy with.

so all this talk of unproven or average managers who havent proved anything from fans is quite eye opening. it seems expecations for our club have hit an all time low ?

we have lots of positives which should have top managers at least having a double take over and with the persuasive tones coming from randy, i would hope he could win over someone of a decent calibre who will promoted the club in a positive light and bring back the success we all need.

its an ideal chance to get a top manager, so why settle for meh?

The point is a young manager is not necessarily a bad appointment and shouldnt be seen a meh!

how does being young help be a success?

so he may stay as manager of us for 20 years? it wont happen

being young is merely a fact of no relevance to the job, being far too old is obviously as your eye sight may go or hearing or marbles in sir bobby robsons case, but being young?

if you want an example of a young manager who has proved himself what about deschamps?

he is still young for a manager (42) however has actually in his 10 years ( 1 less than hughes) he has won a shit load more.

being young doesnt automatically make them the next fergie, it makes them yet another manager who needs to prove himself before being given a high profile job. unless the team are desperate and have nothing to lose and take a huge gamble with nothing to lose.

i would like to think randy doesnt think we are desperate and his 200 million seems a lot to lose.

also if there were no decent top managers around and suddenly without a manager after 6 games then again, in desperation a gamble may almost be worth it, however this is 2 months before the season starts, we are not desperate and have a lot to lose.

THIS is why we NEED a top manager, not a promising manager, if they are promising then great we can get them from the smaller club in 3 years time or what ever. not get them now and keep our fingers crossed they will come good.

it may work with young footballers, sign 100 up and then filter out the decent ones and throw the rest down the chain of football to lower level teams. with managers you sign one.

I think it's imperative that we take Moyes. That is the only way forward that I can see right now after the circus so far. Very narrow minded I know, but... I think it has to be him.

Villa Mat is a bit of a pillock!!! He sits there while his mate rips the piss out of our club. Sorry he can stick his I'm a villa fan act.

Sam Matterface is also a Villa fan from Talkshite. He entered into "what the **** is going on at Villa" sensationalist crap earlier on too. It makes good radio for them to talk up the shit. Once we've appointed someone, it'll be back to kicking the shit out of West Ham again. It's getting a bit tougher, but we need to keep the faith in Randy.

You see this is exactly what people are talking about. What the **** are journalists' problems with Villa? This over the top, prejudiced filthy **** bile just screams of a teenager throwing a tantrum.

Utter drivel. Typical lazy journalism.

If we really want a manager with drive and ambition, this is the man.

Motivational

Ive never heard so much shite before in my entire life and Jim Holden is wait for it Chief Sports writer, God help the nation. Jim Holden was obviously going out tonight and decided to fire any old shite into his computer and head on out for the night.

He sticks up McClaren... But if Randy appointed McClaren as manager he would have a go at Randy for not listening to fans. I bet he ripped McClaren to shreds when he was England manager. I hate all these lazy hacks...

i have unfortunately, we should have been all over him like flies round shit when GH had his health problems and ancelotti was sacked.

but while there are still top quality managers floating around i refuse to stoop to the low levels of mark hughes

the lowest standard we should be setting ourselves is moyes, a decent manager who has shown he can produce results on a yearly basis and keep a club the same level historically as us, in the top 7.

he would have the added bonus of having a financially supportive owner who may be able to match moyes ambitions which are publically stated as being higher than 7th.

so all this talk of unproven or average managers who havent proved anything from fans is quite eye opening. it seems expecations for our club have hit an all time low ?

we have lots of positives which should have top managers at least having a double take over and with the persuasive tones coming from randy, i would hope he could win over someone of a decent calibre who will promoted the club in a positive light and bring back the success we all need.

Like who tho?

I would have liked Ancelotti here too but for whatever reasons he seemingly isn't interested , isn't an option.

We'll have to agree to disgaree about Hughes.

Comparing his time at Blackburn and Fulham to MON or Villa just doesn't make sense to me -it doesn't make sense on a lot of levels.

I think he would do fine here and has likely to have learnt quite a bit from his time at Man City and still has a lot to prove and contrary to some opinions on here does actually have sides playing fairly decent attacking football .

Either way his managerial credentials would be finally really tested here.

I don't think its stooping low as you put it.

Id be curious to knwo who you think we should be after .

I mean id ideally want Hiddinck to manage us but aint going to happen.

Villa Mat is a bit of a pillock!!! He sits there while his mate rips the piss out of our club. Sorry he can stick his I'm a villa fan act.

Sam Matterface is also a Villa fan from Talkshite. He entered into "what the **** is going on at Villa" sensationalist crap earlier on too. It makes good radio for them to talk up the shit. Once we've appointed someone, it'll be back to kicking the shit out of West Ham again. It's getting a bit tougher, but we need to keep the faith in Randy.

Matterface is a Chelski fan no?

What is really amazing is that these jurno leaping to the defence of 'poor mistreated Stevie Mclaren' are the same ones who originally lambasted him as 'The Wally with the brolly' at the end of the day they have no style no substance and no CLASS ignore them they are mearly prostituting their meager talent for writing to sell a story at any cost.

Being able to easily adopt different and contrary positions and playing devil's advocate is part-and-parcel of being a sports journo, though. They're not investing personal emotions in what they're doing; they're just doing a job.

They simply have nothing to write about so are coming out with this stuff. If Lerner was more like Whelan or Redknapp - giving them good quote to write about our managerial and player targets then Villa would be loved by the media and there wouldn't be any rubbish like this.

I guess it's over to Randy to silence them.....

would you not agree that the whole Martinez saga was an embarrassment, so it's ok saying our board do it all behind closed door and in the meantime the public image of our club is damaged, unless he pulls an ace form his sleeve in the next few weeks, some serious questions need to be asked and god forbid answered by the board

Whelan obviously has done us over on the PR front. It doesn't look great to us or to the media, but I'd say insiders like agents etc and most importantly the managers that RL and PF are trying to get will know that Martinez had already signed a new contract long before Whelan's deadline on Friday and he never had any intention of joining us.

I'm not bothered about how we appear to be dealing with this appointment. I'll be gutted if we end up with Grayson or McLeish but I'm confident the club has things under control.

Proof will be in the pudding though.

This...

Apparently not nik. I heard them talking just before 4pm to introduce Matterface's Transfer Tavern show. Whoever was with Gabriel Marcotti aksed Matterface, who has a brummy accent, "what's going on at you club Sam?"

What is really amazing is that these jurno leaping to the defence of 'poor mistreated Stevie Mclaren' are the same ones who originally lambasted him as 'The Wally with the brolly' at the end of the day they have no style no substance and no CLASS ignore them they are mearly prostituting their meager talent for writing to sell a story at any cost.

Being able to easily adopt different and contrary positions and playing devil's advocate is part-and-parcel of being a sports journo, though. They're not investing personal emotions in what they're doing; they're just doing a job.

Indeed, people need to realise journalists will always write what sells the most papers.

They only suck up to Man U and Liverpool because they have a stupid amount of fans so they don't want to alienate them (the sun being the obvious exception with Liverpool, because that paper's dead there anyway).

Like who tho?

These managers are all available;

Marco Van Basten

Frank Rijkaard

Bernd Schuster

Louis Van Gaal

Quique Sánchez Flores

Ok if you want to take Hughes's first season then fair enough, but they finished 15th the season before and were struggling with Souness in the start of that season, but don't let the stats misguide you. If you can't understand why I think Hughes's 6,7,10 is akin to MON's 6,6,6 and understand why I think they are as good looking at budgets etc there is no point arguing with you.

look at the context of who also finished in the top half then?

when they finished 6th?

newcastle 7th

bolton 8th

west ham 9th

wigan 10th

when they finished 7th?

8th portsmouth

9th man city

10th west ham

when blackburn got those finishes competition was far more equal. the sky money was nowhere near what it is now and it was more open for average teams to get a higher place as shown in the league standings for those 2 seasons.

now with teams like man city coming from no where, spurs spending lots each season, moyes improving everton, no longer is there a top 4 with the rest up for grabs, it is a top 6 with the rest up for grabs

you will find DOL has identical finishes for villa to mark hughes first 3 years at balckburn

Apparently not nik. I heard them talking just before 4pm to introduce Matterface's Transfer Tavern show. Whoever was with Gabriel Marcotti aksed Matterface, who has a brummy accent, "what's going on at you club Sam?"

It was Ian Danter (the nose) who asked him and Matterface didnt reference Villa at any point and has talked about Chelski previously...

Don't shoot me, but I think I've just found tomorrows favourite for the bookies.

Frank Rijkaard is back on the agenda for Aston Villa.

The former Barcelona and Galatasaray coach has already been in contact with Villa in the last week.

Villa chairman Randy Lerner will now step up his interest after being turned down by Wigan Athletic boss Roberto Martinez.

tribalfootball.com understands Rijkaard is keen to speak with Villa and ready to fly to Birmingham for talks with Lerner.

Tribal

Like who tho?

These managers are all available;

Marco Van Basten

Frank Rijkaard

Bernd Schuster

Louis Van Gaal

Quique Sánchez Flores

Understand 4 of the 5 but Van Basten?

Don't shoot me, but I think I've just found tomorrows favourite for the bookies.

Frank Rijkaard is back on the agenda for Aston Villa.

The former Barcelona and Galatasaray coach has already been in contact with Villa in the last week.

Villa chairman Randy Lerner will now step up his interest after being turned down by Wigan Athletic boss Roberto Martinez.

tribalfootball.com understands Rijkaard is keen to speak with Villa and ready to fly to Birmingham for talks with Lerner.

Tribal

If ture give him an interview!