• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

The General asked for 'patience and calmness over the next week OR TWO'!!

Great......we should be on Next Manager pt8 by then!

And if at the end of the possible 'two' weeks we sign someone of the calibre of Grayson or Mcleish, what sort of 'signal of ambition' will that create?

Does it really matter? If we get a 'high-profile' manager, we'll see how it goes but it could be another Houllier. If we get a smaller manager, we'll hopefully have someone loyal to us, for giving them a chance, and can have a manager who is willing to build something, long-term, and become a part of Aston Villa; much like Moyes has become a part of Everton.

Personally, I'd actually like us to take a risk on a smaller manager with a footballing philosophy. If Holloway didn't spout crap about us in the media, I'd have been happy with his appointment. I'd have been happy with Martinez. I'd actually quite like Grayson or Poyet.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The General asked for 'patience and calmness over the next week OR TWO'!!

Great......we should be on Next Manager pt8 by then!

And if at the end of the possible 'two' weeks we sign someone of the calibre of Grayson or Mcleish, what sort of 'signal of ambition' will that create?

I'm sure if they wanted McLeish or Grayson they'd have made contact and interviewed them or been rejected the chance by the club etc.

The idea of waiting a couple of weeks is that we don't have to make a shit appointment. If we don't manage to secure our very top targets in the next couple of weeks, then we have a good chance of getting Mark Hughes.

Villa will unveil David moyes as manager on or around July 1st

Mark Hughes will be announced as Everton manager

Source?

Can't say but it ties up with generals comments

In two weeks it will be around July 1st.

villa have moyes but wait until Hughes can be their manager after his gardening leave finishes

Source?

villa have moyes but wait until Hughes can be their manager after his gardening leave finishes

I'm 100% convinced you are the tweeter Villa_insider.

And it's 3 weeks until July 1st, not 2.

Source?

Can't say

Hmmm :suspect:

I don't believe any of this nonsense. Hughes prematurely pulled the trigger at Fulham so we aren't interested, so then we go after Moyes. We get Moyes and Hughes will be his replacement. Why can't Moyes just come now and Everton wait for their man? Sounds like crap to me!

I wish people would stop banging on about Moyes he aint coming here, move on

As much as i'd love him to be Villa's manager why would he want to come here. He's under contract, he has a great relationship with his chairman & has achieved a consistant top 6th finish with Everton.

Would he be tempted to a club with thier best players leaving, player unrest & bickering, a team lucky to have finished 9th & a chairman who whilst is a nice bloke who has good intentions for the club but on the football side of things doesn't seem to know what he is doing.

For me the only thing Moyes would come here for would be a big pay rise & a wedge of cash to play with... but money doesn't always motivate people & i think Moyes is one of these people.

So if these rumours are true (there not but lets say they are) A multi million pound company (villa) has sorted out compensation, agreed terms but nothing will happen till the other multi million pound company has found a replacement? Really?? Thats not business folks. You get a guy and he starts work straight away. He would be involved with transfers, training schedules, backroom staff would need to be sorted. Needless to say if there was a deal in place it would be announced.

To top all this these negotiations are so secret that only some anonymous person on twitter has heard. Local journos in brum, liverpool and national journos with loads of contacts have not had even the slightest indication a deal is in place. So a top secret deal but not that top secret that someone was told but that person posts anonymously on twitter.

Can someone please take me back to the '80's when you heard about something when they stood on the pitch with a scarf.

Can someone please take me back to the '80's when you heard about something when they stood on the pitch with a scarf.

Indeed, we call "ITSOTP" on here. (In The Shirt, On The Pitch).

Welcome by the way.

So if these rumours are true (there not but lets say they are) A multi million pound company (villa) has sorted out compensation, agreed terms but nothing will happen till the other multi million pound company has found a replacement? Really?? Thats not business folks. You get a guy and he starts work straight away. He would be involved with transfers, training schedules, backroom staff would need to be sorted. Needless to say if there was a deal in place it would be announced.

To top all this these negotiations are so secret that only some anonymous person on twitter has heard. Local journos in brum, liverpool and national journos with loads of contacts have not had even the slightest indication a deal is in place. So a top secret deal but not that top secret that someone was told but that person posts anonymously on twitter.

I agree with you completely. Would like Moyes but if we was talking to him someone would know about it now, not some random dude on twitter!

The only time I can imagine some form of secrecy is if it was a free agent, like Rijkaard or Van Gaal as the only people who need to know anything is them and their agent and maybe immediate family. With Moyes the amount of people involved would be crazy and it would definitely be out in the open. I hope Moyes does come and he still may but this done deal rubbish is... rubbish!

Source?

I'm 100% convinced you are the tweeter Villa_insider.

And it's 3 weeks until July 1st, not 2.

i am not, dont worry, i just beleive what she says