Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

31 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Only just noticed my custom nickname!

I love it!

Who's responsible? :D

Can't see it, I assume it says "massive pussy that gets ran over by garbage trucks and tormented by Lap when playing gta5"?

:lol:;)  

27 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Can't see it, I assume it says "massive pussy that gets ran over by garbage trucks and tormented by Lap when playing gta5"?

:lol:;)  

It makes me a little sad that the most recent reference about us you can make is from 2014 :(

• Like 1

Do people visualise the days of the week as I do?

In my head, the days of the week are a circle. Almost like a clock. But Mon-Thurs are on the right and Sat-Sun on the left, with Friday kind of at 6 o'clock, partially in the week and partially in the weekend.

I even visualise time as part of that week clock.

So now on a Sunday night we're more or less at 12 oclock.
Friday when I finish work is 6 oclock. And midday on wednesday is 3 oclcock.

It doesn't take any effort to do this, it's automatic. At 2pm on Thursday my mind will automatically place me on that week clock. And it's not just whole days. I visualise pm on a Saturday as being 3 quarters of the way through Saturday on my big week clock.

Is this mental?

The only reason I can think for visualising this way is that I think when I was very yougn I had a jigsaw that arranged the days of the week like that. I've never been able to find it on Google though.

Edited by Stevo985

I see it as a hill. Monday and Tuesday i'm going up the hill and I reach the peak on Wednesday lunchtime, then Thursday and Friday I am coming down the other side.

I guess it comes from Wednesday being called a hump day. 

• Like 2

I see it as a hill. Monday and Tuesday i'm going up the hill and I reach the peak on Wednesday lunchtime, then Thursday and Friday I am coming down the other side.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Monday I don't mind. Catch up with work pals, have a bit of chat about the weekend. Tuesday is the worst, unless the Villa are playing, then I've got that to distract me. Wednesday is halfway, so I start to feel OK. Thursday is cool, cus I know it's Friday tomorrow. Friday is fantastic, as I can smell the weekend. Only another 20 to 30 of years of this shit! :rolleyes:

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Monday I don't mind. Catch up with work pals, have a bit of chat about the weekend. Tuesday is the worst, unless the Villa are playing, then I've got that to distract me. Wednesday is halfway, so I start to feel OK. Thursday is cool, cus I know it's Friday tomorrow. Friday is fantastic, as I can smell the weekend. Only another 20 to 30 of years of this shit! :rolleyes:

Trust me, it's lovely when it stops. 

• Sad 1

I don't really care what day of the week it is or how close to the weekend it is, everyday at work is horrible.

I've never really understood the TGIF thing. Yeah it's Friday, but you're still at work. Saturdays, Saturdays are where it's at.

My week is linear, with no end... It just keeps rolling past.

But my year is circular, clock fashion. Ever since I was a kid. But it runs anti-clockwise and slightly off-keel. 

December 31st is Midnight, of course.

Which makes January 1st 11.00 o'clock; February 1st is 10.00 o'clock; March 1st is 9.00 o'clock, and so on, but June and July seem to occupy the same space to allow December 1st to be 1.00 o'clock, so that last hour as all December...

Currently we are around 4.00 o'clock...

I love my job so Monday doesn't hold any dread for me, I tend to have favourite days during the week but it varies dependent on what I am doing, today for example I will have the company of my grandson this evening.

Â