Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

15 hours ago, limpid said:

Why is it that judging from my Facebook, I appear to know almost everyone at the U2 gig?

I wasn't at the gig but live close enough that I might as well have been. Kept having to turn the telly up to drown out the sanctimonious one. Sounds like it was just a greatest hits show from what I could hear.

11 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Anyone else useless at wrapping presents up? Daughters birthday tomorrow and I said I'd wrap her presents up whilst my missus was at the gym. What a ******* disaster.

Yeah me.

I mean, I can wrap them, but it looks like a blind child with no thumbs has done it.

I've even watched youtube tutorials about it and I still can't do it properly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah me.

I mean, I can wrap them, but it looks like a blind child with no thumbs has done it.

I warned my wife that it weren't great. She came back and had to glue the bits together that hadn't been sealed right. I somehow used all the cello tape up. There is definitely a knack to it,

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah me.

Definitely a Y chromosome thing.  In my experience, the difference in wrapping ability between males and females seems to manifest  itself quite early.  I suspect if you could do tests in the womb you'd find it appears shortly after the genitals begin to differentiate.  

• Like 1

It's not a Y chromosome thing, unless I'm pre-op.  I'm very adept at wrapping prezzies of all shapes.  It plays in to my particularness, and now it's 2nd nature.  There was a time though, back in school, when I was rubbish at covering my books.  Could never quite factor the closed v open size difference into the paper :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's not a Y chromosome thing, unless I'm pre-op.  I'm very adept at wrapping prezzies of all shapes.  It plays in to my particularness, and now it's 2nd nature.  There was a time though, back in school, when I was rubbish at covering my books.  Could never quite factor the closed v open size difference into the paper :)

Yeah my Dad was amazing at present wrapping. And I think he enjoyed it. 

He was the same with ironing. Dunno why.

He insisted the key to wrapping was the size of the sheet of wrapping paper. If it was too big then it's a nightmare.

I'm too lazy so I can never be arsed to cut it precisely.

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He insisted the key to wrapping was the size of the sheet of wrapping paper. If it was too big then it's a nightmare.

He's not wrong.

I've been on VT for a year now and very apt for thread always wondered what BOF stands for, if it stands for anything at all. What say you @BOF ?

Some great user names on here. Childishlythough, even though I know nothing about the guy nor probably ever spoken to him on VT, I love Milfner's name. I think he should have picked James Milfner as his user name if I'm being picky though because that's an even greater name. Unless @Milfner is actually his real surname in which case total kudos. But clearly otherwise this lads all about the milfs and deserves a tip of the hat for his humorous portmanteau. 

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 3

Just now, Midfielder said:

I've been on VT for a year now and very apt always wondered what BOF stands for, if it stands for anything at all. What say you @BOF

They are my initials.

• Like 1

Â