Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

9 hours ago, El Zen said:

I do have one slight exception. My son almost daily has friends over, and I’ll happily serve them food if we’re having lunch or dinner while they’re here.

However, occassionally one of the kids on our street will ring the door while we’re in the middle of dinner. If we have more food left, it’s theirs, but if we don’t, absolutely no way am I interrupting dinner to cook more. In that case, the guest is kindly asked to wait in my son’s room while we finish eating. 

Am I wrong? 

They shouldn't be coming over at dinner time.

Although of course dinner time can vary a lot.

25 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

They shouldn't be coming over at dinner time.

Although of course dinner time can vary a lot.

That’s just it. There is no fixed dinner time. And by letting them in, I can relax after dinner while my son is busy playing. 

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Who even answers the door

you could have stopped there in my house.

I should clarify... I answer, the missus doesn't. If I'm out and a randomer knocks at the door, no chance they are getting an answer

I obviously answer because I need to practice my shocking abuse :D

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bickster said:

you could have stopped there in my house.

I should clarify... I answer, the missus doesn't. If I'm out and a randomer knocks at the door, no chance they are getting an answer

I obviously answer because I need to practice my shocking abuse :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sorry to be on topic, but why didn’t Villa fans stop singing “Spinksy and Birchy, Alan McInally” when the latter left for Bayern?  

This is before my time and I like that we sing it now, but did we carry on singing it even when Paul Birch was at Wolves?

Why people believe in karma. My neighbours are daily c*nts. Have been for the last 2 years since they've moved in. Me and the Mrs try and be polite yet they act like they live in a detached property in the wilderness.

If karma was real, these assholes would be long gone by now, or at-least their continued behaviour. 

It must be nice to not give a **** about other people but at the same time. I love that I do give a shit. 

Karma. Goodbye my yearn. 

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Sorry to be on topic, but why didn’t Villa fans stop singing “Spinksy and Birchy, Alan McInally” when the latter left for Bayern?  

As far as I remember we did stop, it just got revived at some point

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

This is before my time and I like that we sing it now, but did we carry on singing it even when Paul Birch was at Wolves?

It did disappear for a few years but came back as a retro chant. Don't know why/how. 

Incidentally I can't stand that other retro song with the aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bit.  It never used to be that, just went to Tony Cascarino in the air which is the best bit to sing but instead it just peters out after the stupid extended air bit. 

Strikes me it's just an excuse for dick heads to shake their beer in the air spilling it everywhere on Instagram videos. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Does the term ‘tea’ meaning evening meal as used in the north originate from cricket?

Thought it came from "afternoon tea" which was tea with light food (cakes/sandwiches) and it evolved to what it is now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Does the term ‘tea’ meaning evening meal as used in the north originate from cricket?

13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Thought it came from "afternoon tea" which was tea with light food (cakes/sandwiches) and it evolved to what it is now. 

We've done this to death already. 

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We've done this to death already. 

Well if you’ve done it to death you should be well placed to help me with the thing I’ve often wondered…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well if you’ve done it to death you should be well placed to help me with the thing I’ve often wondered…

tenor.gif

• Sad 1

Oh man, don't cry @Wainy316. Made me feel bad. 

Seems the kind of thing @mjmooney might remember, my brain is like a sieve. We went all round this a lot a couple of months ago, and I'm pretty sure that was the second time as well. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â