Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Im still thinking its Hughes.

I dont believe in coincedence. Hughes resignation a day after signing an extension to his contract?

If we were to acknowledge any type of interest in him, then im pretty sure we will end up in the dock for tapping up. There is no way, we are going to admit it.

Therefore, im predicting no movement until July 1st. When hes free to take the job.

In the meantime, he will be looking at the squad, identifying where we need strengthening, and mulling over transfer targets, so when he does take up the reigns, he will do running.

exactly my thoughts as well.

I dont buy that at all. There is no way we will wait a month to appoint a manager.

Why not? It didn't stop the board taking a whole month looking for a manager while we was in a season getting trashed by promoted Newcastle and getting knocked out by Rapid Vienna in our park.

Not to mention when they hired houllier he couldn't take over straight away either and there was weeks of him having to work notice in his old job as well.

The board do have form for this ;)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? It didn't stop the board taking a whole month looking for a manager while we was in a season getting thrashed by promoted Newcastle and getting knocked out by Rapid Vienna in our park.

Are you really that dumb? Why did it take so long? Cos we had no idea MON was going to leave. It was a shock to everyone.

Houllier has been out for a month, Randy and co will be well prepared for this this time.

I dont believe in coincedence. Hughes resignation a day after signing an extension to his contract?

If we were to acknowledge any type of interest in him, then im pretty sure we will end up in the dock for tapping up. There is no way, we are going to admit it.

Therefore, im predicting no movement until July 1st. When hes free to take the job.

In the meantime, he will be looking at the squad, identifying where we need strengthening, and mulling over transfer targets, so when he does take up the reigns, he will do so running.

"I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that neither myself nor my representative have approached or have been approached by another club. This decision to leave Fulham has not been influenced by any outside party."

He never signed a new contract, he was merely discussing a new deal, when couldn't be reached he released a clause in his current contract. The Guardian, are stating Paul Faulkner told his Fulham counterpart before Hughes' resignation there was no was interest.

well 54% of VT would rather have someone else than Ancelotti.

he just wouldn't be the right guy for our club.

Someone comes up with a story that Ancelotti will be named manager and the negative comments start :bang:

As for your 54% stat, I am pretty sure some of those people would be happy with Ancelotti instead.

Just out of interest who would you go for?

not being negative, i'd support Ancelotti 100% if he became our manager.

in order, my preference would be:

Jol

Hughes

Moyes

Ancelotti

In the meantime, he will be looking at the squad, identifying where we need strengthening, and mulling over transfer targets, so when he does take up the reigns, he will do running.

I dont buy that at all. There is no way we will wait a month to appoint a manager.

Why not? It didn't stop the board taking a whole month looking for a manager while we was in a season getting thrashed by promoted Newcastle and getting knocked out by Rapid Vienna in our park.

If we were interested in Hughes behind closed doors, could we not just ask Fulham if we could agree too a few million quid in order to get him in the role asap? Fayed loves a bit of bullion & dabloons so could see him agreeing quite easily tbh. But i suppose that all rests on whether we are actually interested in the first place?

I am just reporting what I've been told from a someone I know who works at a top european betting agency ! They have been told to suspend betting on Ancelotti as Villa manager until further notice .. I perhaps in hindsight shouldn't have posted & tried to change the message ... I'm not here to get slagged off for sharing what I hear ! Oh well .......

I think you jumped the gun a bit, your supposed to save this response until after someone has slagged you off :lol:

In the meantime, he will be looking at the squad, identifying where we need strengthening, and mulling over transfer targets, so when he does take up the reigns, he will do so running.

It's his unavailability before July 1st that has me thinking it won't be Hughes now. Villa will need to have somebody at work before then - in terms of pre-season preparation, player contract issues and the need to quell what will sure to be a rising level of anxiety and discontent among a fanbase they desperately need to be renewing/purchasing season tickets this month.

It's possible that Fulham made such a clear point about Hughes - or even his representatives - being unable to have any connection with a prospective club before July 1st in order to obtain a measure of financial compensation should anyone be that keen to get him started sooner. And even as an acknowledged fan of Mark Hughes, I'm not sure that he would necessarily merit either the wait or the extra expenditure when other options are available with fewer complications.

My feeling is that we will have an appointment by this time next week - but who it will be I really couldn't predict as things stand.

Hmmm maybe.

Would be incredibly frustrating and very irritating if we didn't official announce a new manager until 1st of July tho.

Frustrating yes, but Hughes was Randies original choice before he took the Fulham job.

I also have a theory as to why Hughes took the Fulham job on the terms he did, but i wont bore you with that. :lol:

If it means us getting frustrated for a few weeks, before the man whom Randy feels will take us forward arrives, then i think Randy will go with it.

And its not as if Hughes will be twiddling his thumbs.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Downing and Ashley return next week. It may offer a clue, to whether we do actually have someone primed to take over.

You dont have directors making Football decisions :winkold:

Why not? It didn't stop the board taking a whole month looking for a manager while we was in a season getting trashed by promoted Newcastle and getting knocked out by Rapid Vienna in our park.

Not to mention when they hired houllier he couldn't take over straight away either and there was weeks of him having to work notice in his old job as well.

The board do have form for this ;)

We haven't got a first choice keeper, 2 of our best players want out, we've released several players and have just had a mediocre season. Now is not the time to have players twiddling their thumbs on the training ground with no manager with their agents in one ear and players from other clubs tapping them up in the other.

We must act now and Randy knows this.

ive no doubt its hughes due to the fact that it was reported by those in the know that hughes was top of the list right up to the point where hughes resigned. then all of a sudden we have no interest in him, when it comes to light that he can't actually join anyone til the end of the month. it's all a little too cloaks and daggers in my opinion. blatantly obvious so far as i can see that we've tapped hughes up, told him to walk from the contract, and guaranteed him the job would be here for him when he can take it

as i say there'll no doubt be plenty of other links, most likely from within the club to manipulate the media one way or another, before hughes finally gets the job

i dont think we were ever in for ancelotti, it might have been something that was mutually beneficial that was agreed with his agent. we put something out saying we're after him, he gets his name back in the italian and english press as being up for a job, spurs other interested clubs into contacting him in case he signs for us, while we take the heat off the hughes thing

If we were interested in Hughes behind closed doors, could we not just ask Fulham if we could agree too a few million quid in order to get him in the role asap? Fayed loves a bit of bullion & dabloons so could see him agreeing quite easily tbh. But i suppose that all rests on whether we are actually interested in the first place?

Compo :winkold:

Someone comes up with a story that Ancelotti will be named manager and the negative comments start :bang:

As for your 54% stat, I am pretty sure some of those people would be happy with Ancelotti instead.

Jol

Hughes

Moyes

Ancelotti

Jol, Hughes and Moyes above Ancelotti?? :bang: Give me strength.

Jol

Hughes

Moyes

Ancelotti

:shock:

Surely that list is upside down?

I voted for Ancelotti but like the idea of Martinez as an up & coming manager that likes his teams to play the right way.

However, this might be because I'm shit scared that we will appoint McBrolley or the FSW.

Any of Ancellotti, Moyes, Jol, Hughes or Martinez will do me.

Jol

Hughes

Moyes

Ancelotti

Jol, Hughes and Moyes above Ancelotti?? :bang: Give me strength.

With you brother!

Thinking about it a lot I don't want Ancelotti. He is a manger who manages big names and big egos that's his skill. He's not an inspirational manager who will inspire more average players to perform. I can't see him pulling any good value signings off either. He just isn't the sort of manager you need at our level - if he became Villa manager I think that we would see a similar scenario to what happened with Ramos at Spurs ... Although, I think as someone mentioned further back when Ancelotti was being mentioned as something of a pipe-dream, if he was to come along with Ray Wilkins at his side, that may be a different story.

Wealth of misinformation here, the guy made a name for himself by promoting a serie b side then managing a club in a very similar situation to Villa and taking them into the champions league. His signings were modest and were not on anywhere near the wages our club can offer today. Fair enough the money has inflated since then as has his reputation, but you people saying all he does is manage clubs with bags of money is farcical.

The man is proven at all levels, an absolutely world class manager which unfortunately for us, leads me to believe we have no chance of getting him.