Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I hope we don't get Ancelotti. I've a feeling he'll come in, neglect the youths, fill the team up with pension age Italians, play turgid football and ultimately leave the club with a big bill and a bit of a mess.

.... then Scooby, Shaggy and the gang get to the bottom of the mystery by removing the mask from Ancelotti and revealing MON?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we don't get Ancelotti. I've a feeling he'll come in, neglect the youths, fill the team up with pension age Italians, play turgid football and ultimately leave the club with a big bill and a bit of a mess.

I sort of feel the same way. Im just not convinced by him.

.... then Scooby, Shaggy and the gang get to the bottom of the mystery by removing the mask from Ancelotti and revealing MON?

:lol::lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I just don't think he's the right man for a job like this.

Why has Carlos Cuellar just tweeted 'Vamos Rafa' ??

edit: already been said. Nadal?

Because like me he's watching the French Open SF between Rafa Nadal V Andy Murray

only unlike me Carlos is probably sipping a cocktail, while I'm finishing off a flipping mortgage suitability report, whilst of course keeping an eye on the cricket not to mention VT!

Ok your not convinced by a man who has won titles in England and Italy and has 2 European Cups. Just who do you want then?

Sorry I missed the bit where MON bought pension age Italians, I thought he left us with a decent mix of youth and experience, and a mostly British squad. Not that I'm a spokesman for MON. Anyway OT

Sounds like MON, but obviously without the Italians, that would be far too adventerous!

Thinking about it a lot I don't want Ancelotti. He is a manger who manages big names and big egos that's his skill. He's not an inspirational manager who will inspire more average players to perform. I can't see him pulling any good value signings off either. He just isn't the sort of manager you need at our level - if he became Villa manager I think that we would see a similar scenario to what happened with Ramos at Spurs ... Although, I think as someone mentioned further back when Ancelotti was being mentioned as something of a pipe-dream, if he was to come along with Ray Wilkins at his side, that may be a different story.

Sorry I missed the bit where MON bought pension age Italians, I thought he left us with a decent mix of youth and experience, and a mostly British squad. Not that I'm a spokesman for MON. Anyway OT

I was laughing at the Scobby comment..

That said MON also left us with some rubbish.

Ok your not convinced by a man who has won titles in England and Italy and has 2 European Cups. Just who do you want then?

No I'm not, for the reasons stated. It's a very different job to Chelsea, Milan and Juve.

It must be all those Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup medals, vast experience with World Class players, clubs and facilities.

I'm not convinced either.

Lets be serious. Look at the sides and resources he won them with!

Do people think he's going to do the same with our squad and budget ?

I also worry about what interest he'd have in the youth side of things. Thats the only way our club will ever become big again. By nuturing our own