Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martinez for me, not everyones favourite but i want our next manager to be here for 5-6 years and build a dynasty of good attacking football.
Good young manager Martinez. I like Jol too, anybody who plays attractive football gets my approval.

I'd settle for Martinez too. His team play very attractive football and he has a bright future.

I'd also welcome a more continental approach sometimes. Someone who can unearth a gem from the foreign leagues, unlike a MON who will pay top dollar for supposedly established English talent (Warnock, Sidwell, Reo-Coker etc).

Picking a manager on the basis that he keeps a team up on the last day of the season, every season, is not a good appointment in my view.

That's not the basis and besides how far can you take a team like Wigan?

The basis is he's a young and hungry manager who we could realistically get and could improve the standard of football we play.

He has a good relationship with his players too

Please Mods,

can we find the 15 people who voted for FSW, ban them from the site and then arrange for remedial treatment for them in a mental home before allowing them back

I just hope the three that voted for Mclown were not Lerner, Krulak and Faulkner

I'm suprised Steve McClaren has as many as three votes on this site, I can only guess it is someone being mischievious.

As Villa fans we have differing opinions, and disagree about a lot of things to do with our team. The one thing that we almost all agree on is, A big NO to Steve McClaren!

carlo ancelotti, without any shadow of a doubt would be the best and most ambitious signing of a villa manage in my life (and i first went down villa park before graham taylor the first time round).

odds in to 3s from 20s. GREAT FUGGEN NEWS.

I must admit, I think that Martinez does have a bright future ahead of him. Like you say, he seems to have the respect of his players, and his philosophy of playing football the right way can only be commended and that of course would be welcome at Villa Park.

Having said all of that; I just feel that at this moment in time, Martinez is a manager still learning his trade and there is still plenty of room for development. As much I feel he is one for the future; right now, we need someone who has been there and done it; not necessarily someone who has won trophys, but someone who has top flight experience, loyalty, and can offer Villa the stability and progression that is required.

So for me, the main candidate I would like is David Moyes. But we all know that will be one hard battle to secure his services. So if that turns out to be the case; expect a good few weeks of debate and speculating.

THE JOY OF BEING A VILLA FAN.

I'm suprised Steve McClaren has as many as three votes on this site, I can only guess it is someone being mischievious.

As Villa fans we have differing opinions, and disagree about a lot of things to do with our team. The one thing that we almost all agree on is, A big NO to Steve McClaren!

True.

Fans may not know what's right for a club, and I by no means am advocating for the board to listen to the fans when making a decision, but fans most definitely know what is wrong for their club.

Please Mods,

can we find the 15 people who voted for FSW, ban them from the site and then arrange for remedial treatment for them in a mental home before allowing them back

I just hope the three that voted for Mclown were not Lerner, Krulak and Faulkner

:D

This thread is boring today, i was expecting lots of twitters and ITK's like yesterday, seems like things have cooled down

You're not kidding. The last two days I've practically wasted. Going on twitter, here and various other gossip pages and clicking refresh

The worst thing is I'll be doing exactly the same next week