Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

in order, my preference would be:

Jol

Hughes

Moyes

Ancelotti

:shock:

Surely that list is upside down?

I would have you right for that one mate as it now makes a lot more sense if I read it upside down.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about it a lot I don't want Ancelotti. He is a manger who manages big names and big egos that's his skill. He's not an inspirational manager who will inspire more average players to perform. I can't see him pulling any good value signings off either. He just isn't the sort of manager you need at our level - if he became Villa manager I think that we would see a similar scenario to what happened with Ramos at Spurs ... Although, I think as someone mentioned further back when Ancelotti was being mentioned as something of a pipe-dream, if he was to come along with Ray Wilkins at his side, that may be a different story.

Wealth of misinformation here, the guy made a name for himself by promoting a serie b side then managing a club in a very similar situation to Villa and taking them into the champions league. His signings were modest and were not on anywhere near the wages our club can offer today. Fair enough the money has inflated since then as has his reputation, but you people saying all he does is manage clubs with bags of money is farcical.

The man is proven at all levels, an absolutely world class manager which unfortunately for us, leads me to believe we have no chance of getting him.

There is one chance, but there is no indication that we can either afford it, or more relevant, want to sanction it?

I keep checking the Corriere Dello Sport and there is no mention on it that Ancelotti has rejected us. There is a video piece on their website but I can't see it due to my work access restricting it.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/video/tg_calcio/2011/06/03-32282/Ancelotti+verso+l%27Aston+Villa

If there are any italian speakers out there you may want to check it out... I doubt it has much to say though.

I keep checking the Corriere Dello Sport and there is no mention on it that Ancelotti has rejected us. There is a video piece on their website but I can't see it due to my work access restricting it.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/video/tg_calcio/2011/06/03-32282/Ancelotti+verso+l%27Aston+Villa

If there are any italian speakers out there you may want to check it out... I doubt it has much to say though.

They are saying that Ancelotti is already the Aston Villa manager and it will be announced on Wednesday the 8th of June.

Jol

Hughes

Moyes

Ancelotti

I would have you right for that one mate as it now makes a lot more sense if I read it upside down.

I'd probably pop Ancelotti into second place myself and then Hughes/ Moyes equal third as I think they are, in fact, the same person :detect:

They are saying that Ancelotti is already the Aston Villa manager and it will be announced on Wednesday the 8th of June.

:lol:

Jol, Hughes and Moyes above Ancelotti?? :bang: Give me strength.

Ancelotti above Jol, Hughes and Moyes.

:bang::bang::puke:

give me strength :evil:

next you'll be wanting the Brolly that comes with a free wally.

Jol, Hughes and Moyes above Ancelotti?? :bang: Give me strength.

Ancelotti above Jol, Hughes and Moyes.

:bang::bang::puke:

give me strength :evil:

next you'll be wanting the Brolly that comes with a free wally.

Now we could debate all day about Ancelotti/Jol etc, but i think we can all agree no **** wally and no **** brolly.

Jol

Hughes

Moyes

Ancelotti

lol - good one :)

Its just my opinion.

I've discussed many times in this thread why i'm not that keen on Ancelotti compared to those 3 other managers.

But Ancelotti would still be my fourth choice out of all the managers available (obviously excluding the dream ones such as Mourinho, etc) so its not like i'm anti-Ancelotti.

Have you made that up?

Have you made that up?

Yes. :P

Thinking about it a lot I don't want Ancelotti. He is a manger who manages big names and big egos that's his skill. He's not an inspirational manager who will inspire more average players to perform. I can't see him pulling any good value signings off either. He just isn't the sort of manager you need at our level - if he became Villa manager I think that we would see a similar scenario to what happened with Ramos at Spurs ... Although, I think as someone mentioned further back when Ancelotti was being mentioned as something of a pipe-dream, if he was to come along with Ray Wilkins at his side, that may be a different story.

Wealth of misinformation here, the guy made a name for himself by promoting a serie b side then managing a club in a very similar situation to Villa and taking them into the champions league. His signings were modest and were not on anywhere near the wages our club can offer today. Fair enough the money has inflated since then as has his reputation, but you people saying all he does is manage clubs with bags of money is farcical.

The man is proven at all levels, an absolutely world class manager which unfortunately for us, leads me to believe we have no chance of getting him.

Yep.

Anyone with doubts about Ancelotti should reread this post.

He took over Parma who are a similar club to ourselves and got them to second in the Italian League with modest signings.

He's been successful at every club he's been at and is still relatively young.

He out of our league in terms of managers but if the stars align we might just have a chance of pulling it off.

Have you made that up?

:D

It actually just says Ancelotti is the favourite for the job, then goes on about other candidates. Nothing much in there really.