Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

wally with the brolly is a good choice, good records as cub manager

Cub manager maybe. But we want a good CLUB manager.

I swear if that buck-toothed, brolly weilding ginger clearing in the woods is manager I'll turn up at the VP gates, pitchfork and burning torch in hand, ala the classic Universal horror films like a hired mob!!!

McClown was only brought in by Fergie as Preston would NOT allow him to speak to Moyes, and McClown was THIRD choice.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deschamps

Quoting the first person to list him.

Ancelotti is overrated. Particularly here, it seems. A likeable personality, but tends to manage only ready-built teams and not especially successfully. Hughes' football does not enthrall, though I do like his demeanour. Moyes has done a fantastic job with the Everton budget and would suit, but I'd be more content with the guy whom took an underdog to the Champs final and restored Marseille to the pinnacle of French football in his first season as manager. He'd be well connected, too. Although this club's ultimate success starts domestically Didier has thrived on the continent and it might be argued targeting him would be even more ambitious than Carlo.

I hope we don't get Ancelotti. I've a feeling he'll come in, neglect the youths, fill the team up with pension age Italians, play turgid football and ultimately leave the club with a big bill and a bit of a mess.

Except that he's a student of the Arrigo Sacchi school of football management- which is based on some measure of patience, but is also much more attacking than the catenaccio we're more familiar with from Italian sides. In fact, Ancelotti's breed of football is more attacking than his former coach's- Ancelotti's most comfortable playing a 4-3-2-1, whereas Sacchi used a 4-4-2 (though often with one winger pulled inward).

And he's arguably already got the personnel to pull it off- Makoun to be his Pirlo, pulling strings from deep, and Young and Downing to play the roles of Kaka and Rui Costa, lying behind and pinging throughballs to Darren Bent. The only places he would need to bring in "ancient Italians (which, btw, he didn't do at Chelsea)" would be in defense, which is where you'd arguably want ancient Italians.

The headline from Corriere del Sport - "Ancelotti verso l'Aston Villa"

Reads "Ancelotti to Aston Villa" meaning Ancelotti according to them is going to Aston Villa.

Fans who wouldn't be completely over the moon and ecstatic if we got Ancelotti are strange.

Fans who don't want Ancelotti should be sectioned.

Fans who wouldn't be completely over the moon and ecstatic if we got McClown are strange.

Fans who don't want McClown should be sectioned.

just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Of course not but I would love to hear people try and talk away potentially the most successful and experienced manager this club would ever have had. To me its insane.

I hope we don't get Ancelotti. I've a feeling he'll come in, neglect the youths, fill the team up with pension age Italians, play turgid football and ultimately leave the club with a big bill and a bit of a mess.

Except that he's a student of the Arrigo Sacchi school of football management- which is based on some measure of patience, but is also much more attacking than the catenaccio we're more familiar with from Italian sides. In fact, Ancelotti's breed of football is more attacking than his former coach's- Ancelotti's most comfortable playing a 4-3-2-1, whereas Sacchi used a 4-4-2 (though often with one winger pulled inward).

And he's arguably already got the personnel to pull it off- Makoun to be his Pirlo, pulling strings from deep, and Young and Downing to play the roles of Kaka and Rui Costa, lying behind and pinging throughballs to Darren Bent. The only places he would need to bring in "ancient Italians (which, btw, he didn't do at Chelsea)" would be in defense, which is where you'd arguably want ancient Italians.

His football can be pretty dull. I suspect he'd bring in older players here in favour of youth as it's a different situation to Chelsea.

i just want us to have a new man in charge by wedneday next week. hughes/ancelotti will do for me! i just hope cowans has a key role to play...esp with his brief italian connections and he must have played against old sparky a fair few times!

Here

the headline reads" ancelotti (to go) to aston villa"

There's no question mark - verso means to as in "to go to"

Confusing because I thought sources in Italy according to the Guardian had said he wasn't interested.

well 54% of VT would rather have someone else than Ancelotti.

he just wouldn't be the right guy for our club.

Someone comes up with a story that Ancelotti will be named manager and the negative comments start :bang:

As for your 54% stat, I am pretty sure some of those people would be happy with Ancelotti instead.

Just out of interest who would you go for?

not being negative, i'd support Ancelotti 100% if he became our manager.

in order, my preference would be:

Jol

Hughes

Moyes

Ancelotti

well going by your list Jol, hughes and moyes aren't wanted

going by your logic

77% don't want Moyes, 89% don't want hughes and your top choice of Jol 95% don't want him.

So i'd happily take the man that has got almost 50% of the vote than the rest.

If you don't want him just say, don't come up with ridiculous stat's to try and back up your arguement.

why is anyone supporting mclown for the job being seen as a blue nose?? couldent it just being that i loved to see england fail hard and also likes twente??

Seeing England fail hard is maybe a bit of a giveaway. You want us to fail hard? You think the Wally's problems of coming into a pampered Sven squad not playing very well as a team do not reflect our situation?

McClaren supporters, please see this appointment would be madness...