Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

According to The Guardian tho we haven't made ANY contact with Ancelotti.

From an article on there :-

"Villa say they have an open mind about filling their vacancy. Speculation that Carlo Ancelotti is among their leading candidates is wide of the mark, however. The former Chelsea manager has not received any contact from Villa and he is known to have no interest in the position. Ancelotti, according to sources close to the Italian, is holding out for a club that can offer Champions League football. "

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans who wouldn't be completely over the moon and ecstatic if we got Ancelotti are strange.

Fans who don't want Ancelotti should be sectioned.

Fans who wouldn't be completely over the moon and ecstatic if we got McClown are strange.

Fans who don't want McClown should be sectioned.

just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Wow, Ancelotti has some good votes eh! I guess after a years worth of English he must have a much better understanding of the game.

Great to be linked to him but for me it would be Moyes, I just think he will gets his chance at the top level and stay there; so why not see if he can be the one to take us there.

Some good potential options around and thanks to a manager who to me ALWAYS had our best interest at heart, our club has the time to find the right candidate

I hope we don't get Ancelotti. I've a feeling he'll come in, neglect the youths, fill the team up with pension age Italians, play turgid football and ultimately leave the club with a big bill and a bit of a mess.

I sort of feel the same way. Im just not convinced by him.

Ok your not convinced by a man who has won titles in England and Italy and has 2 European Cups. Just who do you want then?

Avram Grant has also won plenty of silverware.

Catch my drift?

I hope we don't get Ancelotti. I've a feeling he'll come in, neglect the youths, fill the team up with pension age Italians, play turgid football and ultimately leave the club with a big bill and a bit of a mess.

Ok your not convinced by a man who has won titles in England and Italy and has 2 European Cups. Just who do you want then?

Catch my drift?

Oh yes let's compare Israeli competitions to Italian, English and European ones, smart move. Ignorance is absolutely shocking on here.

Catch my drift?

In Israel.

Not exactly the same thing is it?

I keep checking the Corriere Dello Sport and there is no mention on it that Ancelotti has rejected us. There is a video piece on their website but I can't see it due to my work access restricting it.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/video/tg_calcio/2011/06/03-32282/Ancelotti+verso+l%27Aston+Villa

If there are any italian speakers out there you may want to check it out... I doubt it has much to say though.

They are saying that Ancelotti is already the Aston Villa manager and it will be announced on Wednesday the 8th of June.

Have you made that up?

:D

It actually just says Ancelotti is the favourite for the job, then goes on about other candidates. Nothing much in there really.

Thank you

"Villa say they have an open mind about filling their vacancy. Speculation that Carlo Ancelotti is among their leading candidates is wide of the mark, however. The former Chelsea manager has not received any contact from Villa and he is known to have no interest in the position. Ancelotti, according to sources close to the Italian, is holding out for a club that can offer Champions League football. "

The same Guardian who didnt know Houllier retired.

Catch my drift?

Avram Grant hasn't won anything in a major footballing country. :shock:

Wealth of misinformation here, the guy made a name for himself by promoting a serie b side then managing a club in a very similar situation to Villa and taking them into the champions league. His signings were modest and were not on anywhere near the wages our club can offer today. Fair enough the money has inflated since then as has his reputation, but you people saying all he does is manage clubs with bags of money is farcical.

The man is proven at all levels, an absolutely world class manager which unfortunately for us, leads me to believe we have no chance of getting him.

Yep.

Anyone with doubts about Ancelotti should reread this post.

He took over Parma who are a similar club to ourselves and got them to second in the Italian League with modest signings.

He's been successful at every club he's been at and is still relatively young.

He out of our league in terms of managers but if the stars align we might just have a chance of pulling it off.

interesting couple of posts.

you may just change my mind. :)

Benitez is the man you want.

ducks

I know, but there are people calling for pro-Benitez dissidents to be "named and shamed", banned, or even (in good old Soviet style) committed to mental asylums.

It's horrendous! They're trying to trample on our basic human rights!

That would be me, the originator of Stalinist purges on this board.

actually it's because of his Scouse connections, we've just got rid of 1 Liverpool fan as manager and I'd rather not have another who's career has gone badly wrong over the last couple of years.

p.s. Whereabouts in Normandy are you, I get over to my Wife's sisters near Barfeleur at least once a year

Now is not the time to have players twiddling their thumbs on the training ground with no manager with their agents in one ear and players from other clubs tapping them up in the other.

You do realise the players (that aren't on international duty) are all on holiday like everyone elses i assume ?

They don't report back for another month.

Calm down dear

Well it boils down to who you believe. Mat Kendrick of the Birmingham Mail, who broke the Houllier story, said this morning that Villa are waiting to hear back from Ancelotti.

The Guardian, who are based in London and didn't break the Houllier story, will have written this last night so it could well have been out of date by the time it was published. It was being mentioned by their editor on Twitter at about 5pm yesterday.

Or Kendrick's contacts may purposely be trying to put both him and us off the scent.

Who knows!

The same Guardian who didnt know Houllier retired.

Houllier hasn't retired.

"My health has improved considerably since I was taken ill on 20 April. I now intend to take the next few months to concentrate on recuperating fully before I may return to football.

The fact that some people wouldn't be happy with Ancelotti is stone cold proof that some people will NEVER be happy.

now that sounds like twisting the meaning of people's words or not understanding what they are saying.

people aren't saying they won't be happy with Ancelotti, they are saying that they would prefer someone else as their first choice.

Also, whilst you would be happy with Ancelotti but unhappy with McClaren (for example), there are at least 3 people who would be very happy with McClaren. so saying that they will never be happy is not fact or proof.

I keep checking the Corriere Dello Sport and there is no mention on it that Ancelotti has rejected us. There is a video piece on their website but I can't see it due to my work access restricting it.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/video/tg_calcio/2011/06/03-32282/Ancelotti+verso+l%27Aston+Villa

If there are any italian speakers out there you may want to check it out... I doubt it has much to say though.

They are saying that Ancelotti is already the Aston Villa manager and it will be announced on Wednesday the 8th of June.

Have you made that up?

Yes. :P

B'stard :twisted::twisted: