Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Ancelotti to be confirmed as new manager on/by Wednsday 8th June !

Certain European betting markets have suspended betting this afternoon.

This from a source within the betting industry !

You know you've just opened the floodgates to another 20 pages of speculation today!!

Where have you heard this?

Too right what's the story Gadzooks?

I am just reporting what I've been told from a someone I know who works at a top european betting agency ! They have been told to suspend betting on Ancelotti as Villa manager until further notice .. I perhaps in hindsight shouldn't have posted & tried to change the message ... I'm not here to get slagged off for sharing what I hear ! Oh well .......

Not slagging you off Gadzooks, far from it, you've restored a little hope!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why has Carlos Cuellar just tweeted 'Vamos Rafa' ??

edit: already been said. Nadal?

Because like me he's watching the French Open SF between Rafa Nadal V Andy Murray

only unlike me Carlos is probably sipping a cocktail, while I'm finishing off a flipping mortgage suitability report, whilst of course keeping an eye on the cricket not to mention VT!

SNAP!! Apart fromthe mortgage report. More a MOT report for me. 380 quid?!!! Ouch.

Ok your not convinced by a man who has won titles in England and Italy and has 2 European Cups. Just who do you want then?

Lets be serious. Look at the sides and resources he won them with!

Do people think he's going to do the same with our squad and budget ?

I also worry about what interest he'd have in the youth side of things. Thats the only way our club will ever become big again. By nuturing our own

He must've been given those jobs for a reason though......being a bloody good manager I imagine!

Thinking about it a lot I don't want Ancelotti. He is a manger who manages big names and big egos that's his skill. He's not an inspirational manager who will inspire more average players to perform. I can't see him pulling any good value signings off either. He just isn't the sort of manager you need at our level - if he became Villa manager I think that we would see a similar scenario to what happened with Ramos at Spurs ... Although, I think as someone mentioned further back when Ancelotti was being mentioned as something of a pipe-dream, if he was to come along with Ray Wilkins at his side, that may be a different story.

Ancelotti is the complete opposite end of the spectrum to Ramos who couldn't speak English and refused to learn. That was never going to work out at Spurs.

I agree with some of your reservations and think it's impossible to judge how he would handle the step down, as it were, to our level and the group of players we currently have.

I have a feeling he would know where to start looking for improvements though, regardless of whether he has an enormous transfer warchest to use. And, like you say, if Wilkins was part of the deal that would be even better.

Im still thinking its Hughes.

I dont believe in coincedence. Hughes resignation a day after signing an extension to his contract?

If we were to acknowledge any type of interest in him, then im pretty sure we will end up in the dock for tapping up. There is no way, we are going to admit it.

Therefore, im predicting no movement until July 1st. When hes free to take the job.

In the meantime, he will be looking at the squad, identifying where we need strengthening, and mulling over transfer targets, so when he does take up the reigns, he will do so running.

Ancelotti to be confirmed as new manager on/by Wednsday 8th June !

Certain European betting markets have suspended betting this afternoon.

This from a source within the betting industry !

You know you've just opened the floodgates to another 20 pages of speculation today!!

Where have you heard this?

Too right what's the story Gadzooks?

I am just reporting what I've been told from a someone I know who works at a top european betting agency ! They have been told to suspend betting on Ancelotti as Villa manager until further notice .. I perhaps in hindsight shouldn't have posted & tried to change the message ... I'm not here to get slagged off for sharing what I hear ! Oh well .......

I wouldn't trust those sort of 'leaks'. They usually have an ulterior motive to them.

I also worry about what interest he'd have in the youth side of things. Thats the only way our club will ever become big again. By nuturing our own

Tell me what clubs have built their squads and success on nurturing their own players though in the last 10 years? United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Man City have all expensively assembled squads with a handful of quality youth team players between them. To get big you need a shedload of cash and a good manager.

If we get Ancelotti, then we have one part of the equation.

I dont believe in coincedence. Hughes resignation a day after signing an extension to his contract?

If we were to acknowledge any type of interest in him, then im pretty sure we will end up in the dock for tapping up. There is no way, we are going to admit it.

Therefore, im predicting no movement until July 1st. When hes free to take the job.

In the meantime, he will be looking at the squad, identifying where we need strengthening, and mulling over transfer targets, so when he does take up the reigns, he will do running.

exactly my thoughts as well.

well 54% of VT would rather have someone else than Ancelotti.

he just wouldn't be the right guy for our club.

Someone comes up with a story that Ancelotti will be named manager and the negative comments start :bang:

As for your 54% stat, I am pretty sure some of those people would be happy with Ancelotti instead.

Just out of interest who would you go for?

Ok your not convinced by a man who has won titles in England and Italy and has 2 European Cups. Just who do you want then?

Lets be serious. Look at the sides and resources he won them with!

Do people think he's going to do the same with our squad and budget ?

D I think he can do that at Villa, no, but he has proved what a good manager he is. But the guys a world class coach withought a doubt. As I said before, if some fans don't want a world class coach, just who do they want?

In the meantime, he will be looking at the squad, identifying where we need strengthening, and mulling over transfer targets, so when he does take up the reigns, he will do so running.

Hmmm maybe.

Would be incredibly frustrating and very irritating if we didn't official announce a new manager until 1st of July tho.

In the meantime, he will be looking at the squad, identifying where we need strengthening, and mulling over transfer targets, so when he does take up the reigns, he will do running.

I dont buy that at all. There is no way we will wait a month to appoint a manager.

I dont buy that at all. There is no way we will wait a month to appoint a manager.

Why not? It didn't stop the board taking a whole month looking for a manager while we was in a season getting thrashed by promoted Newcastle and getting knocked out by Rapid Vienna in our park.

I can understand the uncertainty some people have about appointing Ancelotti, but all I would say is that it would be a huge signal of intent, it would attract a better quality of player to us and as long as he comes in early enough and Randy gives him some cash to bring in some of his own players, he would come good for us.

I also think that Randy and the board know exactly what they're looking for in their next manager and will set out the requirements, one of which would be the incorporation of products of our youth academy. If Ancelotti doesn't fulfill these requirements, I think we will look elsewhere, so I don't see it being a problem.

Lastly, I stand by a point I made what seems like 50 pages ago now, despite only being last night, that Ancelotti would have a lot more freedom to choose players to buy and play (within our budget constraints which are significantly less than Chelsea of course). I mean this in the sense that Abramovich is notorious for sticking his nose in to the manager's business, Randy isn't like that.

They will have learned from the mistakes with MON and the errors of judgement with Houllier and will be a lot wiser. They will appoint the candidate who best fits their criteria.