Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

How is it Fulham managed to get a pretty damn good manager straight away despite the fact Hughes ditched the club leaving them less prepared, where as our club has surely had this planned since Mid-April (incase GH wasn't fit enough which was very likely) and we're fearing over managers like McClown?

The board are ridiculously pressuring themselves when there's no need to and if Hughes is hired then that would be pathetic because Jol is the better manager. If it's worse then Hughes then they've fallen deeper.

But...I think they'll able to get us a solid manager. Let's hope so anyway because this would be the final straw.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who haven't we thought of yet? :suspect:

Bernd Schuster

Otto Rehhagel

Christoph Daum

Diego Maradona

Dunga

Marcello Lippi

Luigi Delneri

Paulo Sérgio

Köbi Kuhn

Christian Gross

Luis Aragonés

Lets think logically...the last thing Randy and the board need is a fan revolt, there is not a hope in hell they will appoint McClaren!!!

Correct.

And look at it from Randy's point of view. Villa is his baby, his pride and joy. You dont give the keys to your priceless Aston Martin to the ginger kid down the road who has no friends and can't drive.

:crylaugh:

Smokescreens and mirrors . Villa maybe just not very happy about Ancelotti story and GH story being leaked a little prematurely thus throw a banana skin in (-

from mm over at h&v, which funnily enough uses the same words as that "ITK" over at avillafan.

How is it Fulham managed to get a pretty damn good manager straight away

because they interviewed jol for the job last year, so it was just a case of picking up the phone and offering it to him this time around

no selection process, no interviews, just the offer

had jol said no, then theyd probably have taken the same amount of time that we have

How is it Fulham managed to get a pretty damn good manager straight away despite the fact Hughes ditched the club leaving them less prepared, where as our club has surely had this planned since Mid-April (incase GH wasn't fit enough which was very likely) and we're fearing over managers like McLaren?

The board are ridiculously pressuring themselves when there's no need to and if Hughes is hired then that would be pathetic because Jol is the better manager. If it's worse then Hughes then they've fallen deeper.

But...I think they'll able to get us a solid manager. Let's hope so anyway because this would be the final straw.

JOL was prtty much there first choice last year before Hughes, so it was easy to get him.

Bernd Schuster

Otto Rehhagel

Christoph Daum

Diego Maradona

Dunga

Marcello Lippi

Luigi Delneri

Paulo Sérgio

Köbi Kuhn

Christian Gross

Luis Aragonés

Lars Lagerbäck :winkold:

Drillo Olsen :winkold:

gettin a bit silly this imo

Fans revolt - Why?? Because they dont like the man whos been appointed. People need to get a life.

Is Steve McClaren my first choice. No of course not. Do I think hel get the job, no.

But if he does, then at least lets give him a chance. i mean theres nothing to suggest he wont do a good job.

He obviously knows his football, hes shown an ability to win things, he took Middlesbrough (Middlesbrough!!!) to the uefa cup final.

He failed in an england job, that in my lifetime, only 1 or 2 have succeeded (and even then, they dint win owt).

People are too busy worrying about the medias perception of him - and why? - coz he carried a brolly when it was absolutely sheeting it down, and cos he talked in a funny accent. Big WOW.

Like I say, i would prefer someone else (Martinez fwiw) as well as others, but if he gets it - give him a chance - as hes obviously qualified (and beyond imo)

Why the **** does a club the size and stature of Aston Villa spend so much time dithering around?

We are a club steeped in history and must surely have an attraction to successful managers? Yet either no-one wants to touch us with a barge pole or we have a board that is completely inadequate of negotiating to get the right man.

Having just heard that Martin Jol has joined Fulham, who for me are a lot less of an attractive proposition than Villa, why have we not bothered speaking to him, why have we not tried to tempt him to our famous club?

Getting really **** off with the way our club spends so much valuable time dithering...

How is it Fulham managed to get a pretty damn good manager straight away despite the fact Hughes ditched the club leaving them less prepared, where as our club has surely had this planned since Mid-April (incase GH wasn't fit enough which was very likely) and we're fearing over managers like McLaren?

JOL was prtty much there first choice last year before Hughes, so it was easy to get him.

Didn't we make a call towards Jol as well last year? That's what I heard on here anyway.

I know he likes London, but I'm sure he would go to us if we asked first. There's no way he would turn us down if seeing as we're a bigger club.

The board has to get a bigger manager than him or you have to wonder if they see us smaller than Fulham...

Bernd Schuster

Otto Rehhagel

Christoph Daum

Diego Maradona

Dunga

Marcello Lippi

Luigi Delneri

Paulo Sérgio

Köbi Kuhn

Christian Gross

Luis Aragonés

Claude Puel

Zdenek Zemen

Fatih Terim

Paul LeGuen

Slavin Bilic

Quique Sanchez Flores

Marco Van Bastem

Some funny **** on here today.

Agreed :lol:

Although its pretty much the same people as usual. I'm just sitting comfortably waiting for Randy to bring the right man in, which I'm confident he'll succeed with.