Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stu, Have u got anything positive to say about Villa? I'm not knocking you for having an opinion but it just seems that you have a negative outlook on anything to do with the club. Personally i couldnt love and follow the Villa the way i do if i shared the same views as you, Cheer up!!

What do you expect seriously its been 6 days since houlliers test confirmed he couldnt carry on, you may say its been a month but thats rubbish they intended to keep gh on if health was not an issue he'd still be our manager. Not even a week and weve got raging "fans" going mental because randy hasnt appointed the first man to hand in his cv.

Incorrect mate.

The medical reports (well, five of the six that were produced) all concluded that Ged could INFACT carry on in the job, Ged himself even said that he wants to carry on in the job. So the fact that both parties came to some sort of 'mutual agreement' to part ways would suggest that the board did infact want Houllier out, but werew looking for some sort of backing from doctors that would avoid sacking Houllier, hence not having to pay off the remainder of his contract.

So, like i said, whay is this taking so long when the board knew (or had a good idea) months ago that Houllier would eventually be replaced??? Whereas its took Fulham, what, 4/5 days to appoint a manager. Its just unprofessional.

Incorrect. The medical report they were waiting for recommended Houllier rest until August/September at the earliest and ideally longer. Villa then had to decide to keep him on as manager as usual, with plenty of risks or call it a day based on those results. They decided on the latter about a week ago now.

There were numerous medical reports, the majority of which stated that Houllier was fit to carry on. The board were witing for one to effectively say what it wanted to say i.e Houllier cant carry on, which would mean no compensation paid due to medical reasons

The interview should rule out McLaren then - he's clearly an idiot and Randy should be able to see through that.

Randy has appointed two managers so far, both a bit canny but both with experience, successes and a massive amount of knowledge about and love for the game.

McLaren does not fit that profile and I don't think Hughes does either.

Some of the commments are hilarious. Its 7th June. Pre season doesn't start for a month, all our players are on Holiday and we don't have a competitive fixture for OVER 2 MONTHS and some act as If our season is ruined if we dont ge a manager within the next couple hours. :lol:

Randy Lerner places a great deal of faith in the actual face to face interview of a management candidate. When he appointed Eric Mangini as Brown's coach in 2009 it was after a "compelling" interview in which EM was said to have fascinated RL.

The slight problem with trying to identify a candidate who totally shares your vision in an interview, is that less talented candidates may be better at bullsh*tting than their better qualified competitors.

I agree with this.. Was Mangenius a popular choice with the fans at the time? or was it against popular opinion?

The interview should rule out McLaren then - he's clearly an idiot and Randy should be able to see through that.

Yeah, but McClaren will do a Cleveland accent in the interview, and that might impress Learner! We're Doomed I tell ya! Doomed!!

Stu, Have u got anything positive to say about Villa? I'm not knocking you for having an opinion but it just seems that you have a negative outlook on anything to do with the club. Personally i couldnt love and follow the Villa the way i do if i shared the same views as you, Cheer up!!

Mate, if you followed my posts at all (which to be fair you would have no need to do!) im normally one of the more upbeat posters. When people were calling for Houlliers head last season i was one of the few who wanted him to carry on and give him time.

But this managerial thing is a whole different thing altogether. This coming season is one of the biggest in many a year, what with our best players making noises about wanting out. We need good preparation for this season and the fact that nothing ever seems to happen very quickly is starting to grate on me.

You can bet your top dollar this would NEVER happen at any other so called big clubs. We ARE a big club btw.

Edit: i take it you've not met Fran yet then?? :lol: Where is fran btw?

Can I ask, for the people that are crying that we have not got a manager yet - what is the rush?

1. We can't sign any players until July 1st

2. Majority of players are on holiday anyway

3. The season has only just finished

4. The owner, ya know, the guy that sorts this is only back in the country today

5. It needs to be a thorough process not just a case of looking at him going "ye he will do".

Some of ya sound like punk ass lil biatchs!

Yeah, but McClaren will do a Cleveland accent in the interview, and that might impress Learner! We're Doomed I tell ya! Doomed!!

Might be okay, the idiot will probaly do cleveland from the family guy's accent.

Do the media know any more than any one here. So far we have had Ancelotti joins on Friday, Ancellotti taking a sabbatical so Jol is in the frame. The next day Jol signs for Fulham so now McClaren gets his name mentioned. I think if the media mentioned the Spice Girls or Vinny Jones in relation to the job panic would set in.

I think sporty spice could do a job actually. Certainly Richard Dunne could do with slamming his body down and winding it all around anyway

What do you expect seriously its been 6 days since houlliers test confirmed he couldnt carry on, you may say its been a month but thats rubbish they intended to keep gh on if health was not an issue he'd still be our manager. Not even a week and weve got raging "fans" going mental because randy hasnt appointed the first man to hand in his cv.

Incorrect mate.

The medical reports (well, five of the six that were produced) all concluded that Ged could INFACT carry on in the job, Ged himself even said that he wants to carry on in the job. So the fact that both parties came to some sort of 'mutual agreement' to part ways would suggest that the board did infact want Houllier out, but werew looking for some sort of backing from doctors that would avoid sacking Houllier, hence not having to pay off the remainder of his contract.

So, like i said, whay is this taking so long when the board knew (or had a good idea) months ago that Houllier would eventually be replaced??? Whereas its took Fulham, what, 4/5 days to appoint a manager. Its just unprofessional.

Incorrect. The medical report they were waiting for recommended Houllier rest until August/September at the earliest and ideally longer. Villa then had to decide to keep him on as manager as usual, with plenty of risks or call it a day based on those results. They decided on the latter about a week ago now.

There were numerous medical reports, the majority of which stated that Houllier was fit to carry on. The board were witing for one to effectively say what it wanted to say i.e Houllier cant carry on, which would mean no compensation paid due to medical reasons

Just calm down and stop with the baseless criticism.

We are no less professional than Chelsea, they have had since the last day of the season to appoint a Manager.

Fulham wanted Jol last season ahead of Hughes. For all we know they offered Hughes a pathetic new contract knowing he'd walk which opened the door for their first choice to come in.

Impatience is driving everyone insane.

I read a very good post on here about houllier last year, saying although he wasnt first choice as manager, he was now the manager of the greatest club on earth, so now like it or not we should back him. Surely this applies once more to whoever takes charge this time!! Im afraid we chose to love this club knowing we are not man utd and therefore chose not to be glory hunting pricks. Whoever takes charge i will still be sat in the lower holte this year and forevermore. I am 35 so will see alot more managers come and go before my time is up and will support them all!!! UTV

You can bet your top dollar this would NEVER happen at any other so called big clubs. We ARE a big club btw.

So remind me when did Chelsea name their new manager? You know, that tiny club from London who've been without a manager since the end of the season?

Incorrect mate.

Sorry Stu, but that's simply not the case. There was an intial diagnosis followed by a number of progress tests which indicated that good progress was being made.

None of these gave any indication as to when or if Houllier would return. The final one which was the last nail in his coffin said that he would be fit to return but that risks would remain and that he needed a few months of rest before he should return. At this point Randy et al made their decision.