Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly believe this is all ramping as its called in the stockmarket, keep saying Mclaren and give odds on betfair , the more people think it will the more people will bet and someone makes a pretty penny when its not Mclaren. Illegal but it happens.

not ramping imo, it's us using leaks to the media to cover the fact that we've been talking to hughes illegally

Would agree but why ? - the compo on Hughes would be nominal compared to what we gave houllier last week.

I d rather have hughes with a budget of £20m for players - than Mclaren with a budget of £40m

I truly believe this is all ramping as its called in the stockmarket, keep saying Mclaren and give odds on betfair , the more people think it will the more people will bet and someone makes a pretty penny when its not Mclaren. Illegal but it happens.

not ramping imo, it's us using leaks to the media to cover the fact that we've been talking to hughes illegally

Or that, which I wouldn't mind actually as Hughes is far better than most of the candidates out there.
we'll know soon enough anyway. now that jol is fulham manager im sure if we have any real interest in hughes we'll have been on the phone to fulham to ask if we can speak to him (despite the fact im pretty sure we already would have)

Would agree but why ? - the compo on Hughes would be nominal compared to what we gave houllier last week.

I d rather have hughes with a budget of £20m for players - than Mclaren with a budget of £40m

its not as straight forward as paying the compo

hughes obviously left fulham for a reason, if we spoke to him or his representatives before he left we'd be absolutely hammered by the fa. if we have spoken to him already, a softly softly approach with fulham was what was required to get them to let him talk to us, despite his contract with them (which isnt up til the end of the month) saying he cant

its not as straight forward as paying the compo

hughes obviously left fulham for a reason, if we spoke to him or his representatives before he left we'd be absolutely hammered by the fa. if we have spoken to him already, a softly softly approach with fulham was what was required to get them to let him talk to us, despite his contract with them (which isnt up til the end of the month) saying he cant

How do ther clubs manage it then ?

Seem to remember we got took to the FA when we got Little from Leicester - think we ended up paying £250k !

Lets think logically...the last thing Randy and the board need is a fan revolt, there is not a hope in hell they will appoint McClaren!!!

Indeed, especially after the last joker.

Lets think logically...the last thing Randy and the board need is a fan revolt, there is not a hope in hell they will appoint McClaren!!!

Correct.

And look at it from Randy's point of view. Villa is his baby, his pride and joy. You dont give the keys to your priceless Aston Martin to the ginger kid down the road who has no friends and can't drive.

As far as I am aware there is no compensation for Mark Hughes, it was a 1 year contract and he left at the end of that contract with I guess some form of 30 day notice thus the clause going up to the end of June/start of July.

I hope you're right Wiggy.

As has been mentioned, it'd be a bit kick in the teeth from the board to the fans if they took McClaren on, it's fairly obvious that no one wants him here. Though saying that, I still stand to win about £100 if we get him due to a bet I placed back in January, if thats any consolation.

How do ther clubs manage it then ?

Seem to remember we got took to the FA when we got Little from Leicester - think we ended up paying £250k !

other clubs manage by dangling huge wads of compo money in front of the other club's nose. any approach made by any club to hughes up until july 1st is in breach of the terms of his contract, and would be deemed tapping up despite the fact that he's already been replaced

by playing nice with fulham (at least on face value) we could very easily get the exclusive ability to talk to hughes before anyone else, without running the risk of fa sanctions or legal action from fulham

Andre Villa Boas , surely the hottest property in European management.

Why has this guys name never been mentioned at all ?

he was mentioned a lot about 300 pages back, before we realised that he's already way out of our league.

Andre Villa Boas , surely the hottest property in European management.

Why has this guys name never been mentioned at all ?

Think you answered your own question right there haha

I rest my case for gloating when this happens. I am sticking cash on Macleren NOT getting the job, come on guys, both him and Benitez were almost thrown out of their last jobs, its just not going to happen.

Correct.

And look at it from Randy's point of view. Villa is his baby, his pride and joy. You dont give the keys to your priceless Aston Martin to the ginger kid down the road who has no friends and can't drive.

Perfect analogy! :)

The General reads the board and things get filtered through one way or another. This is one of the most important decisions Randy and the board will have to make since he arrived, if he gets it wrong there will be hell to pay from the fans and also it will effect the players.

I say again....there is not a hope in hell that the board will appoint McClaren!

I have an intercept of telephone conversation between Paul Faulkner and Steve McLaren. Dont ask me how I got it. Old military connections...

"Hi Steve? Paul Faulkner here. From Aston Villa."

-"Orroight, bab"

"Yes, very good. Now Steve, as you may know we have a vacancy for the position of Manager."

-"Oh, yes. I had heard" *nervous giggle*

"Well, Steve, we'd like to ask you."

-"I... wow. I really don't know what to say...I... I'd...well, I...".

"We just need the names of anybody you think would be suitable".

-".........."

"Hello? Hello?"

- *sobbing*